Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wondersobright
08 Apr 17 15:01
| Topic/replies: 105,923 | Blogger: wondersobright's blog
omg
Show More
Report McCoy Carp April 8, 2017 4:03 PM BST
Shocker. and i am talking through my pocket Cry
Report yort April 8, 2017 4:03 PM BST
wow, just wow
Report Willie Shafter. April 8, 2017 4:04 PM BST
looked terrible..
Report Stephen Harvey April 8, 2017 4:05 PM BST
Horrid.Took a nap all the way up the straight.
Report john92 April 8, 2017 4:05 PM BST
I try not to have a go at jockeys but wtf was that?
Report Barton Bank April 8, 2017 4:07 PM BST
He looked like he didn't want it. But I am sure he was doing his best in reality and was just a tad unfortunate.
Report gman500 April 8, 2017 4:09 PM BST
He's better sleep with one eye open from now on
Report wondersobright April 8, 2017 4:14 PM BST
either inept or something more sinister

given the trainer I suspect it was just inept but that's as bad as I've seen for a while
Report McCoy Carp April 8, 2017 4:19 PM BST
I took 11-4, had some more at the BSP. Finished 9-2 industry SP. Don't know if that's enough of a drift for the stewards to call connections in.
Report wondersobright April 8, 2017 5:01 PM BST
Race 4 - 3:55pm
THE VERTEM MANAGEMENT HANDICAP STEEPLE CHASE (CLASS 3)
The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of SPECIAL CATCH (IRE), ridden by Tony Kelly and trained by Malcolm Jefferson, which was held up in rear before being asked to improve leaving the back straight and then challenged late to finish second beaten ¾ of a length. They interviewed the rider and the trainer’s representative. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer who confirmed that a post-race examination of the gelding failed to reveal any abnormalities. The rider stated his instructions were to keep a hold of the gelding for as long as possible and creep into the race. He added that although he made in roads to the eventual winner approaching the final fence, SPECIAL CATCH (IRE) did not get as good a jump as the winner at the last and was in his opinion always being held. The trainer’s representative stated she was satisfied that the ride accorded with the instructions given and that in her opinion had obtained the best possible placing. She added that the gelding is a doubtful stayer of 2½ miles and she had instructed the rider to ride him with that in mind and not to challenge until the last fence. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race the Stewards noted their explanations.
Report yer ma April 8, 2017 5:05 PM BST
certainly always held if you don't ask your horse for an effort until the last 100 yards.
Report gman500 April 8, 2017 5:06 PM BST
What a load of bollox. 11/4 to 9/2 is all the stewards need to know
Report jesusofsuburbia April 8, 2017 5:50 PM BST
the worst  ride ive seen for a while even if your on a doubtful stayer its called horse racing at some point you have to put your horse in the race especially when there is one nearly 10 lengths up on you with half a mile to go tony Kelly was very lucky the winner made a balls up of the second last otherwise he would of been well beaten without ever going for his mount
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com