Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
crepello
20 Mar 17 19:24
| Topic/replies: 1,727 | Blogger: crepello's blog
Is there a problem - cannot log in????
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing Post Website
Show More
Report IDKW March 20, 2017 7:01 PM GMT
There's always a problem with that pile of sh1te !!!!
Report crepello March 20, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
Cannot disagree with that IDKW but got so much stuff on there over the years I am unfortunately stuck with it ....

As an example it would not accept my password .....

Changed to another one and all is well - what is that about?

The most unstable site I use on the web - that's what happens when there is virtually a monopoly ...
Report mmmalushka March 20, 2017 7:35 PM GMT
And the bad news is,

We will soon switch over to the new-look Racing Post website completely. We've gradually been showing you the new version, allowing you to familiarise yourselves and be ready for the switch. If you haven't already visited the new site, now is a great time to do so.
Report haplessamatuer March 20, 2017 10:11 PM GMT
have you tried  http://bloodstock.racingpost.com
Report werbie March 21, 2017 9:05 AM GMT
Email sent last week, as yet no reply - old site and bloodstock version too slow - now the new site as slow as a boat also - tracker horses come and go as do the notes - piss poor from a company that should have stuck to newspapers Devil
Report werbie March 21, 2017 9:27 AM GMT
Just looking at the 8.45 Kempton tomorrow night - notes are there. But 9.15 notes are missing Cry
Report crepello March 21, 2017 9:53 AM GMT
werbie - the site is all over the place - enter notes and ratings - get the message "Your note is successfully saved" ....

Return later and it has NOT been saved and back to square one - diabolical.

I sent them an email a couple of days ago but no reply - to be fair they have always responded quickly in the past but it may be the volume of complaints they are getting.
Report big edd March 21, 2017 10:04 AM GMT
anyone know how to find future cards on there?? used to be able to look a month in advance??
Report werbie March 21, 2017 11:36 AM GMT
Rpost threads come and go on here maybe we could keep this one going for a few months at least. Highlighting the pro's and cons of the new site then bung it in an email? Well for starters the site was virtually unusable Cheltenham week for me and the following Saturday was also diabolical.
Report werbie March 21, 2017 11:37 AM GMT
Sorry, no joy with that one edd.
Report werbie March 21, 2017 11:40 AM GMT
Another pain - you are looking at pro card you switch to tracker and it takes you back to basic card Shocked
Report jmdc March 21, 2017 11:46 AM GMT
You can always tell when they're under the cosh - they simply don't answer the phone.
Report Dr Crippen March 21, 2017 11:53 AM GMT
Just went on to look at a horse.

I had to close down 4 boxes which I didn't even read. 

The old site gives the betting moves for each horse under ''Latest Moves.''

That isn't on the new site.

Although the Irish Racing site do supply that betting information.
Report werbie March 21, 2017 12:01 PM GMT
New site - 1.50 wolverhampton Thursday - Notes content unavailable - On the old site there is a box at the bottom of the racecard where there is another option to view notes without clicking on individual horses, but not on the so called new improved site.
Report IDKW March 21, 2017 12:04 PM GMT
werbie    21 Mar 17 11:36 
Rpost threads come and go on here maybe we could keep this one going for a few months at least. Highlighting the pro's and cons of the new site then bung it in an email? Well for starters the site was virtually unusable Cheltenham week for me and the following Saturday was also diabolical.

I cannot think of any "pro's" where the new site is concerned.
I, for one, will not be renewing my subscription once we are all forced onto the "new" pile of sh1te.
I expect there will be many mor following suit.
Report werbie March 21, 2017 12:16 PM GMT
IDKW yeah the pro's bit was a tad charitable -  unfortunately for me I have a lot of work tied up in the pile of **** website and not sure I can work with the other options currently out there Sad
Report wondersobright March 21, 2017 12:28 PM GMT
I always switch to the old site

and when the option to do is not available I will be using the sky sports site only
Report werbie March 21, 2017 12:41 PM GMT
Just had a look at sky sports - video as well, good one!
Report 1830 March 21, 2017 3:01 PM GMT
THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES.
Report werbie March 22, 2017 12:29 PM GMT
All quiet, must be chugging along Plain
Report werbie March 22, 2017 1:01 PM GMT
Spoke too soon - notes not available - anyone else get this particular problem on the new site?
Report werbie March 22, 2017 1:23 PM GMT
Another email sent, not had a reply to the last one yet Plain
Report crepello March 22, 2017 1:42 PM GMT
werbie - yes, I continue to have the same problem ....

Entering notes and ratings - saving them and when I go back they are not there ....

Contacted the Racing Post (couple of fellas there usually respond quickly) again yesterday pointing out that not being able to save entered data is utterly diabolical - which, of course, it is - very minimum one should get from any website AND I AM PAYING FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!

No reply to two emails over the last few days - probably having so many problems I would guess.
Report werbie March 22, 2017 1:58 PM GMT
Cheers crepello. Paying for something thats there ,but you can rarely reach it  - There was a time when form study was a pleasure to do with everything in place on the same site to quickly go through the card, but sadly it didn't last Sad. Those days are long gone, and now its such a choreCry
Report The Sawyer March 22, 2017 2:12 PM GMT
I have found that the old site is not looking up data but the new one is.

Also stuff saved recently on the old site is not there on the new site.

I have bitten the bullet and now just use the beta version.

Eye strain is a problem with the feckin colours tho
Report Dr Crippen March 22, 2017 2:13 PM GMT
Warren Buffet the famous investor once said; you should buy shares in companies that are uncomplicated and could be run by and idiot.
Because one day you can bet that that company will be run by an idiot.

I think the Racingpost is going through the phase outlined there by Warren Buffet.
Report 1830 March 22, 2017 2:35 PM GMT
Just checked the new site.

Warwick is showing as G/S going.
This means all the  Topspeed ratings on the racecards are showing for G/S ground.

According to everywhere else the going at Warwick changed to Heavy at 13:05.
It must have been changed from g/s to Soft well before that as well.
Report Virgin March 23, 2017 8:38 AM GMT
On Monday, March 27 we will permanently switch over to the new-look racing post website. You may have already had a chance to explore the site and seen first hand some of the improvements Shocked we've made. If you haven't, you can try it for yourself by clicking on the button below.

Visit the new-look racingpost.com    This way for dog poo
Report werbie March 23, 2017 9:15 AM GMT
Rolling it out, ready or not - site keeps logging me out this morning and notes come and go but hey ho all par for the course - it is what it is ................ a pile of crap!!!!Angry
Report IDKW March 23, 2017 9:19 AM GMT
Cancelled subscription with immediate effect Angry
Report Magic__Daps March 23, 2017 9:29 AM GMT
Where is the "cancel subscription" button? I have paid up until the 13th April and that will be it for me!
Report Dr Crippen March 23, 2017 11:20 AM GMT
Don't you have to phone them up in order to cancel?

They usually ask you why you want to cancel. I bet they'll skip that question for the time being.
Report werbie March 23, 2017 12:54 PM GMT
Still logging me out and you have to log yourself out again before you can log back in Crazy
Report Dotchinite March 23, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
same here werbie.
Report crepello March 23, 2017 1:47 PM GMT
Tried the beta site this morning and it is so slow - the blue circle going around and around and around .......
Report onlooker March 23, 2017 2:41 PM GMT
There's a technical issue that means we are currently unable to retrieve this data.

We are working to resolve this and expect service to return to normal shortly.

Your page should refresh in 20 seconds. If it does not refresh please click here.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
Report werbie March 23, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
Returning to normal - now that is a worry Cry
Report wondersobright March 23, 2017 2:52 PM GMT

Mar 22, 2017 -- 9:35AM, 1830 wrote:

Just checked the new site.Warwick is showing as G/S going.This means all the  Topspeed ratings on the racecards are showing for G/S ground.According to everywhere else the going at Warwick changed to Heavy at 13:05.It must have been changed from g/s to Soft well before that as well.

feckin hopeless isn't it

can not even do the basics right

Report Big Boss March 23, 2017 3:02 PM GMT
anyone that pays for the RP sh!te needs locking up
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com