Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DIK DASTARDLY
18 Mar 17 16:03
| Topic/replies: 554 | Blogger: DIK DASTARDLY's blog
The horse has been running his heart out for years and is now an 11 yo.
He has taken two crashing falls at the last two Cheltenham  Festivals - both when travelling at speed in the latter stages of the relentless Gold Cup . Thats bound to leave a big impression on the mind of a brave horse . As horses get older the bones become less supple and slightly more brittle . So Cue Card could have so easily broken a leg or similar life ending injury .He has won more than £1 MILLION in prize money . So what more can the horse due apart from decline ?
Surely he has earned an honourable retirement ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Is it time to retire CUE CARD ? Could...
Show More
Report flukes March 18, 2017 3:08 PM GMT
Presume he will run at Aintree where he won so impressively last year. Hopefully they will call time before he declines but he may have a few good races in him yet with such a dearth of top class chasers about.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 18, 2017 3:09 PM GMT
Workalholic

Put in him next years Ryanair

Laugh
Report Makybe_Diva March 18, 2017 3:11 PM GMT
If he were mine he'd be retired.

Alice said he wouldn't like to be in a field. This is the poorest excuse ever for not retiring a racehorse .

There are lots of things a retired racehorse can do to keep active when its racing days are over.
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 3:11 PM GMT
They can't retire him yet.
He'll be out on his milk round pulling the float on Monday.
Report AraziTheGreatest March 18, 2017 3:17 PM GMT
would have won 3 Ryanair's by now
Report gibs March 18, 2017 5:49 PM GMT
winning three ryanair's is about as meaningful as winning three carling cups...or whatever its called these days
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 6:54 PM GMT
Ryanair Chase £170,850 to the winner.
Report gibs March 18, 2017 6:58 PM GMT
money's not everything Dr
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2017 7:50 PM GMT
Then what are they racing for seven days a week when Cheltenham isn't on?
Report workrider March 18, 2017 7:52 PM GMT
Hey Crip that's Irish money, and we don't like the English having it...
Report sageform March 18, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
I would expect him to win at Aintree next month, then Wetherby and possibly even the King George next season but Cheltenham seems his unlucky gig these days.
Report GEORGE.B March 18, 2017 8:06 PM GMT
As long as he's sound and enjoying himself, keep on racing imo!

Even if it means running in Hunter Chases or PTPs. I think some just love the routine of it.

I remember when they retired Doran's Pride, Michael Hourigan said the horse would come and stand at the gate of his paddock and just watch the other horses, suggesting that the horse wasn't happy out of his routine and stood in a field.

So they brought him back into training and unfortunately he lost his life on the battlefield at Cheltenham. Sad, but I think the horse died doing what you enjoyed, being a racehorse.

Now I'm no horse psychiatrist, but when I compare pics of Kauto Star in his pomp at Ditcheat to when he was in his second career doing dressage, I struck by how perky he was Ditcheat, I think he just loved the routine of it!
Report saddo March 18, 2017 8:16 PM GMT
Right fred.
Report GEORGE.B March 18, 2017 8:16 PM GMT
Thank you for confirming, saddo.
Report stewarty b March 18, 2017 9:07 PM GMT
I think they should retire CC and the pilot..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com