Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Magic__Daps
17 Feb 17 14:37
| Topic/replies: 8,118 | Blogger: Magic__Daps's blog
After using Virgin since the beginning of time, their customer service is atrocious and have had more problems in the last 6 months than the last 10 years. Latest modem has gone down again and luckily they are sending an engineer out.......on the 27th.

Time to bin them for good and am looking for another provider but others seem to be poor overall from what I hear. My mobile is with EE and to be fair the coverage etc has been very good over the last few years, but is it worth signing up for an 18 month contract? Is the grass greener on the other side?

Any help appreciated.
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone use EE broadband?
Show More
Report koikeeper February 17, 2017 2:40 PM GMT
Hi Magic, we are with EE, fibre Optic, no problems at all....
Report Magic__Daps February 18, 2017 9:42 AM GMT
Cheers koi, assume it's just you with EE then! Phoned to cancel my virgin yesterday and they wanted £114 to get out of my contract that has a few months left - not sure how I even took out a new contract when I have had them for 10 years. Definitely leaving when that runs out though as service has become worse as time goes on, and for being off line for 11 days they are giving me a whopping £6 in credit. Clueless customer service
Report koikeeper February 18, 2017 9:48 AM GMT
Cant complain, we get the land line and fibre optic for around £19 a month ( the other half works for EE) so get the discounts. All the mobiles are also with EE
The fibre optic seems very quick.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves February 18, 2017 10:24 AM GMT
Been with Orange/EE since my joining date. Have stayed with them and never even considered all sorts of cheaper offers, since there haven't been any problems with the broadband or mobile for me for years now. If it works, that's better than saving a few quid a month on something which might not.

That period included a change of address 6 years ago, and that went surprisingly smoothly, which is a fair test for a service. And when we finally got fibre down as far as the village out here in the sticks, they sent a really good, new Brightbox2 router for free, and, once more, the changeover was very fast and smooth.

Cue loads of posts now with evidence that EE has the worst customer service in the world ... (That may be so - I've just never needed it; I'm deaf, and been able to sort everything out either by e-mail or in the EE shop in town.)
Report fred hutsby February 18, 2017 10:47 AM GMT
If you have virgin fibre outside of your door nothing is faster if you invest in the 200mb - not the cheapest but the quickest by far.

Most other companies are just a 2nd hand BT service and you may as well deal with BT direct even though you will pay more.

If it is price that is the main driver other companies are fine. Virgin customer service is poor imo  but move away from them and it is a worse scenario as your speed will drop alarmingly.

The good thing about virgin is they send an engineer to the house and do not charge. Most companies fk you about over the phone and will never send anyone out to see you unless you pay for the visit.  I had issues with mine before and the guy sorted it when he came to the house.  If you are not too fussed by speed and want to save a few quid move away if like me you NEED fast internet stay where you are and persevere with the wonderful call centre :)
Report Magic__Daps February 18, 2017 11:09 AM GMT
Cheers for replies.

My mobile contract with EE is up in a few months so I may try and get a deal then for both a mobile upgrade and broadband. Currently got a dongle in this pc which is very slow up to what I am used to.

Fred - it's not down to the money etc it is now down to principle. Since I have had a new modem I have had problems. To tell me on the phone it will be back on in 4-6 hours is bad enough but then when it doesn't come back on to then get told I have to wait 11 days for an engineer is just unacceptable. Anyone with half a brain would say "we will give you a month of credit", but they are giving me £5.27! It is a farce and once my so called contract is up I would rather give my money to someone else. They will also lose the whole Virgin package I have which is £132 per month, and I would rather pay Sky more money rather than pay Virgin less money.
Report mark9 February 18, 2017 11:56 AM GMT
theres no such thing as ee fibre optic...the lines are all done by bt open reach...the different suppliers only rent the lines.
Report Ramruma February 18, 2017 12:41 PM GMT
I've got mobile wifi with EE and Vodafone and mobiles with EE and iD (or whatever they are called). They all seem to be pretty good almost all of the time and atrocious when they are not. When things do go wrong, there is often very little the help desk person can do about it once they've reached the end of their script -- they do not have the authority to send someone out to dig up the road, lay more fibre or increase capacity at the nearest cell tower. What does p me off is that many of these problems could be detected by automatic monitoring and stuck on a web site so we do not need to spend 50p a minute reporting issues the company already knows about but has not even let the help desk know. Even when they do have sites showing service quality they are generally panglossian bullshine.

What the answer is, I don't know. I pay for more than one service for resilience (despite suspecting they share a lot of infrastructure) but most of the time paying twice just means throwing money down the drain. Good luck.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com