Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
binge
28 Jan 17 21:46
| Topic/replies: 30 | Blogger: binge's blog
This was the best horse McCoy ever rode, according to err McCoy. Do you guys think it would have won the trouble GC ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Gloria victis
Show More
Report Steamship January 28, 2017 10:52 PM GMT
He was beaten when he fell and if I remember correctly jumped out most of the way round however if he had lived then maybe a King George winner.
Report wondersobright January 28, 2017 10:57 PM GMT
would have been amongst the favs in either first gold or florida pearl's KG, perfectly believable that he could have won 1 or more KGs given how well he took to kempton
Report wondersobright January 28, 2017 10:58 PM GMT
steamship thats correct, out to his right almost every fence in the GC
Report Steamship January 28, 2017 11:23 PM GMT
Strange that McCoy said that as he did not ride it in the RP Chase Johnson rode him. McCoy rode Best Mate, Denman and Kauto Star during his career
Report binge January 28, 2017 11:25 PM GMT
Just watched the race on YouTube , the horse is leading them a merry dance and seems to kick on again, but 2 out trouble an a other look to be coming back at it. Did the horse die in that race ?
Report Steamship January 28, 2017 11:26 PM GMT
Yes
Report Latalomne January 29, 2017 8:31 AM GMT
Can't believe that was 17 years ago....  Was at Cheltenham that day.  Just watched the race and I don't think I had any idea just how markedly GV had jumped out to the right the whole way around. 

Absolutely loved that crop of chasers....
Report Makybe_Diva January 29, 2017 9:07 AM GMT
Steamship. AP was serving a ban at the time of The Racing Post Chase, that is why Richard Johnson rode the horse.

I wrote to Martin Pipe after the death of Gloria Victiis and I received a reply with a lovely photograph of him winning the RP Chase.

I loved that horse and was completey heartbroken at what happened to him.
Report Gloria Victus January 29, 2017 11:06 AM GMT
A brilliant exciting horse. Would not have won the Trouble GC but would have been a multiple KG winner and in time could have ironed out his jumping right issues and won a GC imo
Report Makybe_Diva January 29, 2017 12:08 PM GMT
Good post, Gloria Victus. I'd go along with that.
Report differentdrum January 29, 2017 12:31 PM GMT
Of course he wouldn't have won. Looks Like Trouble massively uderrated and would have been a multiple winner had he stayed sound.
Report warringtonwire January 29, 2017 1:51 PM GMT
Looked beaten when it fell. Not impossible it could have rallied but definitely would have been a contender for years to come.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com