Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GT
05 Jan 17 17:15
| Topic/replies: 12,330 | Blogger: GT's blog
I put £2-50 e/w on Rene Mathis at 250-1..with an online bookmaker...on checking my account they have erased all record of me placing the bet ...can you advise the best way forward to complain..thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View Calling Paul High respect
Show More
Report GT January 5, 2017 6:16 PM GMT
Horse finished 2nd.
Report flukes January 5, 2017 7:26 PM GMT
There is another thread on this; if it was with Baldfred looks like price should have been 25-1 last night and that the 250-1 was an error. Doesn't explain why your bet has been erased though; have you spoken to them?
Report Dan Chipowski January 5, 2017 7:30 PM GMT
All Baldfred.com prices are subject to change and are fixed only when a bet is struck. Should there be an obvious pricing error or system failure which leads to incorrect prices, lines or handicaps being displayed, any bets taken at these prices will be deemed void and all bets cancelled including multiples.
Report Barton Bank January 5, 2017 7:32 PM GMT
Surely they should have informed you if they voided your bet. Very poor customer service. Perhaps they will pay you at 25s as a good will gesture given it won't cost them a fortune.
Report IDKW January 5, 2017 7:34 PM GMT
Wasn't this palp rubbish tested in Court?
Billies on the receiving end of a tennis bet they tried to palp I seem to recall?
Report swift-tuttle January 5, 2017 7:36 PM GMT
Yes, I agree with Barton Bank, an erasure of the bet is a brutal way to go about things.
Report wondersobright January 5, 2017 7:39 PM GMT
100% should be voided as a clear palpable error

however v poor customer service not to inform you of this and unacceptable imo to just delete the bet from their system

PH will let you know if you have a case for getting paid @ 25s
Report s.kenbo January 5, 2017 7:39 PM GMT
That case should've never been settled against Hills though, IDKW.

It's not good that they can void a bet like that. They should settle at SP.

However the OP knew the price was wrong.
Report 1830 January 5, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
I thought the correct way to settle these things was,to settle the bet at at the best available price at the time you placed your bet.
Report s.kenbo January 5, 2017 7:45 PM GMT
I'm pretty sure that's what would happen in a shop.
Report the dealer January 5, 2017 7:48 PM GMT
it should be but we are talking about a guy who seems to be a law to himself.

clear palp but should be settled a winner at the correct price
Report s.kenbo January 5, 2017 7:52 PM GMT
No doubt it would've been settled at SP had it been unplaced. Their rules (which Dan Chipshop highlighted) are almost no lose for the bookie, unless it's amended/voided pre race.
Report wondersobright January 5, 2017 7:52 PM GMT
a clear palp is a void bet for me regardless of the outcome
Report Barton Bank January 5, 2017 7:56 PM GMT
What I don't like is that by not voiding/informing in advance it leaves the possiblity in the mind of us cynics that if the horse was unplaced the bookmaker could have kept the stakes for themselves.
Report foxy January 5, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
have betfair paid out yet over that irish mare a few years ago or was that one of those palpable errors ?
Report the dealer January 5, 2017 8:01 PM GMT
you might have a point WSB, because the punter may well have not backed it at the other price
Report foxy January 5, 2017 8:04 PM GMT
i thought the idea of punting was to back when you think the price is wrongWhoops
Report foxy January 5, 2017 8:04 PM GMT
i thought the idea of punting was to back when you think the price is wrongWhoops
Report hulk23 January 5, 2017 8:11 PM GMT
idea of getting your account restricted to buttons is backing when the price is clearly wrong ... should be getting a foxtrot oscar email from one of freddies traders shortly
Report wondersobright January 5, 2017 8:19 PM GMT

Jan 5, 2017 -- 2:01PM, the dealer wrote:

you might have a point WSB, because the punter may well have not backed it at the other price

to avoid any doubt dealer, this is best policy imo

but the firm that has laid the bet MUST inform the punter within a realistic time frame that the bet is void

then the punter has the choice IF he/she wants to place the bet again at the correct odds

anything else is a can of worms imo

Report wondersobright January 5, 2017 8:20 PM GMT

Jan 5, 2017 -- 1:56PM, Barton Bank wrote:

What I don't like is that by not voiding/informing in advance it leaves the possiblity in the mind of us cynics that if the horse was unplaced the bookmaker could have kept the stakes for themselves.

agree

Report hulk23 January 5, 2017 8:24 PM GMT
happens all the time .... stick a bet on a second after the off.  bookie takes it, wins.  sorry was placed after the off.  here's your stake back, sorry about that.

good luck getting your stake back if it loses.
Report swift-tuttle January 5, 2017 8:24 PM GMT
well yes, I wonder what has happened to Fred to cause him to be so mean these days - I remember when he was a well respected chap in the days of Done bookmakers.
Report s.kenbo January 5, 2017 8:27 PM GMT
If you put a bet on that's even a second late, always ask them to check that it's on.
Report foxy January 5, 2017 8:33 PM GMT
swift tuttle

i dealt with the firm in the mid 80s and your right he was very well respected and played everybody, people who had no experience with fred done back then would not believe what they were like,
Report Wickerman January 5, 2017 8:59 PM GMT
The bet must have been on site for at least  6 hours , why wouldnt they check the odds before putting them up
Report Magic__Daps January 5, 2017 10:21 PM GMT
It's pointless even taking a clear palpable, because this will happen. Albeit they should have informed you well before the off it was void, but no doubt it would have been voided after the result was known. The firm are the worst of the worst, some of the stories that have been on here about them should warn anyone about getting paid by them.

Will never forget them taking bets on Bury v Accrington a few years ago when others had suspended or drastically cut the odds, as a story about players at a wedding the night before was over the net. Good old fred cut the price to evens (was still 6/4 on here), and took bets up until kick off. Bury win the game and then after the match had finished they then decide to void all the bets. Vile man, vile firm.
Report s.kenbo January 5, 2017 11:01 PM GMT
But a good earner if he keeps getting away with it. ^^^
Report stewarty b January 5, 2017 11:56 PM GMT
I don't bet online apart from here and purple. Having said that if I want to place a bet I may get on, ante-post or the odd ticket it's always by phone. That way the bet is recorded and they can check on it, albeit you can record any bets you place yourself if you have the right equipement. You don't need a licence but the bookmakers do funnily enough.

That aside I doubt it very much if the OP will get a reply from Paul Haigh although he can be very helpful
Report bruno100 January 6, 2017 8:55 AM GMT
should be paid out at the price it was at the time end of
what really fecks me off is transferring money into their accounts to place a bet and they offer peanuts or nothing hence the money is now lying or has to be transferred back why take the money from your account in the first place if they know they arnt going to lay a bet
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com