Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ronnie rails
01 Jan 17 18:06
| Topic/replies: 2,661 | Blogger: ronnie rails's blog
lads and korals are not showing tv coverage in the shops from 6 courses i.e. Southwell today, 1 day this week there will be no tv coverage from 3 courses so it will be like the old days were people stood watching the brown box in the corner, but they will still be able to play bingo Crazy
Pause Switch to Standard View all we need is the boardman back
Show More
Report dr . atkins January 1, 2017 7:09 PM GMT
ante punter both firms please god they put limits on fobts
Report OVERSEAS January 1, 2017 7:53 PM GMT
TBF nobody ever watches the racing anyway whenever I pop into my local Corals but the fobts 3 deep with English language purely optional it seems..
Report Greg_Gory January 1, 2017 8:06 PM GMT
results every hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3IIwoIl4Q
Report smirnoff2therescue January 1, 2017 8:15 PM GMT
Why they not showing pics Ronnie - apologies mate but rarely get to pop my head in the shops nowadays and dont read the racing post so rely on the forum nowadays for any "news" and aint seen any coverage on here re any fallouts
Report Deltâ January 1, 2017 8:51 PM GMT
Impasse continues
over new betting channel
By Bill Barber 11:30AM 1 JAN 2017

LADBROKES, Coral and Betfred have still not reached an agreement with new betting shop channel The Racing Partnership meaning their betting shop customers will not be able watch horseracing action from some tracks.

Although William Hill recently became the latest retail chain to sign a deal with TRP - a venture made up of the 15 Arena Racing Company tracks and seven independents - Ladbrokes-Coral have described the cost of TRP's proposals as "prohibitive", while Betfred have declined to comment on the situation.

From New Year's Day Doncaster, Lingfield, Southwell, Windsor, Wolverhampton and Worcester moved from SIS to TRP, with the remaining 15 racecourses following suit in 2018.

TRP will therefore launch its coverage of British racing with its partners missing out on significant media rights. Should the impasse continue the bookmakers involved would have no British racing in their shops on January 9, 10 and 31.

Speaking on behalf of the recently merged Ladbrokes-Coral, David Williams said: "We have lots of good content to mitigate against the changes and are confident we have enough compelling reasons to keep our customers engaged."

Levy Board spending warning

Racecourses will not have to deal with a reduction in Levy Board spending in the first quarter of 2017 but the funding body has warned "significant" cuts might be necessary should the government's plans for replacing the levy system meet problems.

Before plans for a levy replacement system starting on April 1 were announced there had been warnings Levy Board spending would have to be cut by up to £25 million in 2017 to balance the books due to falling yields.

In order to maintain spending, the board's reserves, which were £41m at the end of the levy year in 2015, have been eaten into and will be approaching their minimum floor of £18m by the end of March.

Income is due to rise from April 1 providing the timetable for the new system does not slip, and there are no other problems such as a legal challenge or drastic reduction in the proposed rate.

Levy Board chief executive Alan Delmonte said: "The board took the view that, as government remained committed to April 1, which could lead to an increase in forecast income, expenditure should be maintained for the first quarter of 2017. This perpetuates the deficit budget and will take the board very close to its minimum reserves floor.

"If income from April 1 does not match current expenditure levels, expenditure will have to be reduced."
Report wondersobright January 1, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
We have lots of good content to mitigate against the changes and are confident we have enough compelling reasons to keep our customers engaged
williams talking out of fkin arse again

domestic racing is the bedrock of betting shops and not showing some of it in their shops is frankly disgraceful
Report wondersobright January 1, 2017 8:59 PM GMT

Jan 1, 2017 -- 1:53PM, OVERSEAS wrote:

TBF nobody ever watches the racing anyway whenever I pop into my local Corals but the fobts 3 deep with English language purely optional it seems..

I used to think the chinese were heavy gamblers but these eastern europeans gamble their nuts off

obviously paying them too much or giro is too high!!

Report aberdonia January 1, 2017 9:04 PM GMT
wont be giros mate.

If these EU citizens (non brits) lose their job they get fck all. (ie) dwp decide that they have no genuine prospect of work..

pity we did not do this for the lazy locals who have never worked a day in their lifes.
Report sparrow January 1, 2017 9:15 PM GMT
aberdonia    01 Jan 17 21:04 

pity we did not do this for the lazy locals who have never worked a day in their lifes.

So very true aberdonia, but people choose to ignore that part of it these days.
Report ronnie rails January 1, 2017 9:17 PM GMT
Speaking on behalf of the recently merged Ladbrokes-Coral, David Williams said: "We have lots of good content to mitigate against the changes and are confident we have enough compelling reasons to keep our customers engaged."

Dave in that case what should I tell the customers just before they go to hills next door to watch the racing?
Report wondersobright January 1, 2017 9:19 PM GMT
^exactly
Report smirnoff2therescue January 1, 2017 9:41 PM GMT
tar Delta - clearly CoLads will fold Ronnie after the fbots shenanigans are sorted
Report smirnoff2therescue January 1, 2017 9:42 PM GMT
*in their stance
Report chavman January 1, 2017 9:45 PM GMT
are we talking about stan boardman
Report cardifffc January 1, 2017 9:46 PM GMT
you can see what david Williams thinks of the ordinary punters............odious man
Report ronnie rails January 4, 2017 9:57 PM GMT
Going to be quiet Monday and Tuesday next week, no English horseracing showing in Korals Sad
Report parispike January 4, 2017 10:00 PM GMT
What's the point of showing it if Korals won't take bets Ronnie??
Report Barton Bank January 4, 2017 10:09 PM GMT
The thin end of the wedge. Horse Racing has declined massively in terms of share of the market and importance to bookmakers. Part of this has been driven by the bookmakers themselves in promoting football. numbers games, FOBTs, Irish Lottery, virutal horse and dog racing etc. Playing hard ball over paying for pictures and not too far down the line they will be refusing to subsidise the low grade racing that is effectively being run for their benefit.
Report ronnie rails January 4, 2017 10:16 PM GMT
in my honest opinion I think its only a matter of time before all the TV coverage goes in the shops, plain truth is nobody watches them and the cost is astronomical and continues to rise but the OTC on horse racing declines all the time.
Report ph. January 5, 2017 12:00 AM GMT
Ive been in shops lately where I am the only punter in there, everyone else is playing bingo or the machines. Bingo has caught on massively in the shops, I wonder how many have gone full bore and gone to the Gala for a night out to try and land the national flyer. Williams just needs shooting, for the sake of his partner and parents let alone his employer.
Report maxheadroom January 5, 2017 8:37 AM GMT
back to getting the results on teletext/ using a paper to slide down the 1 2 3 lol
Report ph. January 5, 2017 10:04 AM GMT
Corals don't like paying for a cleaner in many branches leaving it to counter staff to don the marigolds so they aren't going to stretch to a boardman for another £7 an hour for the full seventies shop experience ( less the cigarette fugue that cancered generations ) but seriously RR will your shop have notices on the door, on the walls by the RP informing punters about the no live pic issues? That would be good customer service, obviously Laddies will inform all punters NO PICS 'cos Williams is happy and confident their shops offer more than live racing pics for the punter.
Report Facts January 5, 2017 10:04 AM GMT
If they brought back the board man with his coloured felts,sponge and bucket of water, together with the tannoy commentaries, I might be tempted back into a bookmakers.
Report ph. January 5, 2017 10:15 AM GMT
What he should have said was " no worries, our business plan is unaffected, the punters we want through our doors are machine junkies and happily the fewer horse punters in attendance means our machine players can sit rather than stand whilst waiting their turn to get on. We will happily provide refreshments whilst waiting and of course they can pass the time playing bingo. Due to our community camaraderie I expect our African punters to explain the vagaries of Bingo to their Eastern European brethren. Unfortunately due to inability to fill out bingo slips, we ask could new punters show patience as staff have to manually input numbers as they are barked out in varying levels of often unintelligible English "
Report big aitch January 5, 2017 10:34 AM GMT
I remember that Facts, they moved on to having printed sheets, the bookies I used to go to in the seventies had an old boy updating the prices and he only got about half of them updated, could be annoying when a horse had gone out to 7/2 from 3's and they would put the right price because it wasn't on the board. Good when it happened the other way round though Happy
Report theres only one best tonic January 5, 2017 10:49 AM GMT
My first job was as the boardman in my local independent. A particular favourite moment was when some of the shows came through on runners owned by Peter Savill....................opening show 6/4 followed two minutes later by ''this show is ok 8/1''........not today then Pete Laugh
Report foxy January 5, 2017 10:57 AM GMT
Amazing the difference in shops over here and those in Ireland which are full of punters backing horses.
Report Baggers January 5, 2017 11:01 AM GMT
Ran one of the last board shops in london for Laddies, back in the 90's, were 5 when I started in Laddies Victoria, all enforced apart from the Gerrard St one in Chinatown, that went and I got Ron the boardman from there, he missed more shows than he got especially if his placpeot was still running

8 dog races were the best, he never had the right sheet so would stop scribbling at 6, it was ok, was a good listener and had a monitor back up
Report ronnie rails January 5, 2017 7:44 PM GMT
we had a customer in today who wanted to put their laptop on so that they could watch the racing that wasn't being shown in the shop, would anyone know if this is legal?
Report Barton Bank January 5, 2017 7:58 PM GMT
Irish betting shops don't have FOBTs. Reckon that is a factor.
Report liberator of the oppressed January 5, 2017 8:15 PM GMT
The reason why turnover falls is because your lot won't take a bet Ronnie so we don't bother. If you log on you get redirected whateber that means most like me get totally ****** off you cannot find anything when the site finally appears and you think shoo Corals. I've stopped going in to shops. Loads and loads will close in the next two years. We'll have FOBT meeting places like we had Youth Clubs when I was a nipper.
Report TheFear January 5, 2017 8:21 PM GMT
For once im on the side of the bookmakers. Having 3 separate picture providers is a f-ing joke.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com