Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GODSEND
03 Dec 16 14:04
| Topic/replies: 31,742 | Blogger: GODSEND's blog
best race ive seen this year lad well done! WOW
Show More
Report Tallywagger. December 3, 2016 3:08 PM GMT
Considering the horse failed to come up twice for him when on a perfect stride. he done well to get it home.
Report Facts December 3, 2016 3:11 PM GMT
That's he's top jockey
Report Facts December 3, 2016 3:12 PM GMT
* because !?
Report 1st time poster December 3, 2016 3:13 PM GMT
ALL THE PUNDITS banging on about mistake to out but it cost him nowt as the 2nd made an equaly bad jump at the same fence
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 4:20 PM GMT
Quiet conceivably , he would have won on any of the first 5 home.
Absolutely different class to any National Hunt jockey that ever rode , not to mind the fellas that rode in this race.
Report brain dead jockeys December 3, 2016 4:33 PM GMT
nonsense jockey praise talk here............he would have won on any of the 1st 5 home my backside..........how u work that out?
non horseracing people talk raise their eyes to heaven listening to this garbage from gamblers. UDS was the best horse..........end of.
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 4:48 PM GMT
Maybe non horseracing people don't realise how far ahead of others he actually is.
Maybe they think the way some idiots do, that jockeys don't make much difference at all.
Report brain dead jockeys December 3, 2016 4:56 PM GMT
jockeys make a slight diff.........the odd time that does make the diff between winning and losing but not very often..........
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 4:59 PM GMT
Jockeys make a difference about 10 times a day, that's quite often in my book
Report impossible123 December 3, 2016 5:00 PM GMT
Walsh is a good jockey but no Francome or Dunwoody. However, I do like the way he just sits on the horse and allows it to carry him over the fences until 2 or 3 fences out and only pushes prior if he needs to. Apart from the last 2 fences UDS jumped really well and much more fluent than last season when one would have one's hands in one's mouth for every fence. Also, despite the sight mistake over the last two fences I think UDS, having run over 20f/24f abroad, had the reserve to go on again up the hill when headed after jumping the last.

A very good race to watch and a good run from every runner. But I do not think UDS can win the Champion Chase unless it is soft and/or Douvan is absent.
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 5:08 PM GMT
He is better than both francome and dunwoody, admittedly they were top class jockeys, but this guy is a step removed from any of the rest.
On top of that, the jockeys who he is competing with are much better than the ones who were battling with dunwoody and francome.
Jonjo O Neill wouldn't ride 20 winners a season if he was around nowadays, and he was champion around Francomes time
Report ZenMaster December 3, 2016 5:11 PM GMT
He was on the best horse, no?
Report GANT007 December 3, 2016 5:12 PM GMT
Have to agree with mincer. Sports nowadays is at a higher level.
Report brain dead jockeys December 3, 2016 5:12 PM GMT
a jockey is only as good as the horses he is riding.........annie power, faugheen, douvan, UDS, vautour, hurricane fly etc...........i mean seriously any of 50 jockeys riding over past 30 years would have cleaned up on that lot
Report GANT007 December 3, 2016 5:18 PM GMT
But very few of the 50 would deliver year after year.
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 5:24 PM GMT
Noland
Dun Doire
Desert Quest
Final Approach
Champagne Fever
Briar hill

How many would have won on all of them ?
Nobody else is the answer
Report impossible123 December 3, 2016 5:37 PM GMT
I'd disagree, mincer - Francome is my favourite National Hunt jockey. But i do agree a jockey makes a helluva difference in a horse racing eg Dettori at Ascot; I'd not back Copper on any of the favourite for Gigginstown.

Walsh is good against the current crop, much better than McCoy too, and I'm not a fan of Jonjo either; Bradley was ok if he was riding to win. With Walsh I like the way he would just perch on a horse like a mouse - a bit like Piggot - and allow the horse to do the rest; he's won several good races on Gigginstown's horses which are not favourite with Cooper riding.
Report ZenMaster December 3, 2016 6:06 PM GMT
He doesn't just perch on a horse. It is well known that he squeezes with his legs more than other riders.

He trusts the horses he is riding so now well versed in switching them off, how many rogues does he ride? not many.
Report brain dead jockeys December 3, 2016 6:09 PM GMT
give it a rest lads. horseracing is about horses.........trainers have a much greater influence than jockeys..........
Report Eddie Batt December 3, 2016 6:23 PM GMT
^^^knobhead^^^
Report Eddie Batt December 3, 2016 6:26 PM GMT
Ruby was fantastic today -in an incredibly exciting race he was the difference between victory and defeat.
Report 1st time poster December 3, 2016 6:43 PM GMT
didnt ruby get beat a couple of times at chelt when ch fever,s been 1.01 in running
Report Eddie Batt December 3, 2016 7:22 PM GMT
No.
Report brendrew December 3, 2016 7:31 PM GMT
yes he does make a difference-getting a horse to settle etc

alex Bird always maintained jockeys made a difference-thats gd enough for me.
Report VECTIS December 3, 2016 7:34 PM GMT
Champagne Fever only been beaten once at Cheltenham,nutted on the line in The Arkle.Ruby's rode him twice there, once to victory and once to defeat by the narrowest of margins.The exceptional jockey of his generation.
Report roida December 3, 2016 7:39 PM GMT
mincer has never ridden anything apart from obese women.
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 7:43 PM GMT
Champagne fever under an inspired Walsh beat the following years ist and 2nd in the champion hurdle, when he won the supreme novices.
A vintage front running ride on the third best horse in the race.
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 7:47 PM GMT
Roida, I don't have to be able to ride horses to recognise a great jockey.
I've never met you thankfully but I don't have to , to realise you are a fantasist.
Report roida December 3, 2016 7:50 PM GMT
a fantasist re what exactly?
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 7:56 PM GMT
A fantasist re this imaginary betting in running Shiite.
It's crystal clear you are a spoofer
Report roida December 3, 2016 7:58 PM GMT
your forensic profiling skills are abysmal mincer...no wonder you get ridiculed.
Report mincer11 December 3, 2016 8:02 PM GMT
Post a picture of these boxes please
Report roida December 3, 2016 8:13 PM GMT
http://i.imgur.com/sF4Wc3d.jpg
Report brain dead jockeys December 4, 2016 4:49 PM GMT
how come the greatest jockey did not win on vroom vroom today
Report differentdrum December 4, 2016 5:42 PM GMT
Perhaps because he sat out the back in a slowly run race on a horse who would have been better off near the front. In short it was a tactically inept ride.

Couldn't see why he got so many plaudits yesterday. Yes, the horse was game in battling his way back but I couldn't see what Walsh did that was so spectacular. In fact had he not got back up people would have been questioning the mistakes at the last two fences.
Report impossible123 December 4, 2016 10:03 PM GMT
I'd have expected the Apple's Jade and Vroum Vroum Mag to be ridden the opposite to what they did today ie Apple's Jade held up and Vroum Vroum Mag dictating from the front.
Report punchestown December 5, 2016 2:42 PM GMT
Maybe could have been a tad nearer the pace on VVM but who knows as the winner is a now triple Grade 1 winner and battled bravely back,on the who's best question I know AP fans will never be swayed to say any other NH jockey is or was better than he was but in my personal opinion Ruby is a better all round rider,his ride in the Tingle Creek was sublime.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com