Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
WWWW22
01 Dec 16 10:04
| Topic/replies: 91 | Blogger: WWWW22's blog
Mullins spins another story and puts everyone thinking Douvan might run.He probably thinks he's some smart man with his mysteries , but the racing public don't forget that sort of constant rubbish. Same old mystery going on with Hattons Grace hurdle. These people forget that there is no industry without the general public. I'm sure there will be lots of people against Un de sceaux at he weekend now through no fault of the horses. I suppose Mullins owes the o connells one at least after denying the horse the opportunity to run in champion hurdle. Nothing worse than a man stuffing people with bs constantly.
Pause Switch to Standard View Willie Thinks He Is Smart
Show More
Report firstimevisor December 1, 2016 11:11 AM GMT
What are you talking about? What story did he spin?
Report impossible123 December 1, 2016 11:32 AM GMT
wwww22,
I think a reply to the above poster would not be enlightening to the poster as I believe he/she is from a different planet.
Report Arklearkle December 1, 2016 11:37 AM GMT
WWWW you talk utter rubbish
Report Can't Catch Me December 1, 2016 11:42 AM GMT
Due to some of the unfortunate history with this yard, people are just jumping on the bandwagon now.

They've done absolutely nothing wrong here, just kept their options open. Which they are absolutely right to do with high profile horses and high profile races.
Report Flashy December 1, 2016 12:43 PM GMT
Shame that we won't see Douvan at Sandown. The best horses he has ever beaten are still Sizing John and Shaneshill. Will never be considered a great as the best beat the best.
Report TheFear December 1, 2016 12:46 PM GMT
And everyone said the Willie-OLeary split was because Oleary was difficultCrazy
Report duncan idaho December 1, 2016 12:55 PM GMT
Flashy
01 Dec 16 12:43

Shame that we won't see Douvan at Sandown. The best horses he has ever beaten are still Sizing John and Shaneshill. Will never be considered a great as the best beat the best

bloody hell, give him chance...he's only six & has not run out of novice company yet
Report impossible123 December 1, 2016 12:55 PM GMT
The Sandown stewards were correct imposing a fine on Mullins for withdrawing VVM 30mins before the race taking place. There are parasites at the stable looking for a quick buck, regardless.
Report duffy December 1, 2016 12:57 PM GMT
I get the "keeping their options open" bit, but I think that Mullins should be aware of the practice that the undesirables can adopt due to the "keeping options open" line, I think that Mullins should be just a little more proactive and show to the general public that he himself realizes the problem and be as communicative and revealing as he can be in order to stop bad practices occurring.
Report WWWW22 December 1, 2016 1:18 PM GMT
Isleofhopeanddreams won in cork three weeks ago and on Mullins website the man says he is one of our worse jumpers and one that I'd avoid or something to that effect. Horse the backed for 15/2 to 4/1 and wins easy. Better say nothing than blatant lies in my opinion. Thinks he is smart but just looks like a fool by talking bs.
Report rogerthebutler December 1, 2016 1:44 PM GMT
Big lesson no.1

Ignore everything a trainer says unless you're paying his bills.

....and owners (who have paid fortunes for their horses, convinced every goose is a swan) are even worse.

One point worth discussing is exactly what the Racing Post think it is paying Mullins for giving him a column in their paper (not that I buy it anymore but he used to write for them on a Saturday I think)
Report Soapy Boaby December 1, 2016 4:29 PM GMT
Mullins is in danger of believing that he is bigger than the sport. The past week has shown that his previous ability "to walk on water" was in fact smoke and mirrors, like any other trainer, he is only as good as the horses he has. Giggingstown did not remove 60 horses for 15 more Euros per week in training fees, but the lack of success they had with Mullins compared to their other trainers. Now we ask if Rich Ricci luck is also beginning to run out, Vautour gone, other leading lights having niggly injuries. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Mullins could be the next Marcus Tregonning - one minute winning Group 1's and not long after watching the Group 1's from the grandstand ! Ricci has only known success from Day 1 and I believe his enthusiasm will quickly go once the spotlight goes out when his current crop of superstars are replaced by mediocre handicappers. Watch out Willie - you are only perceived as a God as long as the punters keep collecting, if that stops, the gravy train will run dry !
Report Can't Catch Me December 1, 2016 4:47 PM GMT
What an utterly ridiculous post soapy.
Report workrider December 1, 2016 4:47 PM GMT
Some valid points there Soapy.
Report Arklearkle December 1, 2016 5:02 PM GMT
Soapy could you tell me what, in your opinion, WM has done wrong.
Report the.mad.dog.man December 1, 2016 5:27 PM GMT
think its called putting punters away AGAIN Laugh
Report geoff m December 1, 2016 5:38 PM GMT
Did Willie say Douvan was running @ Sandown? Thought it was options open?
Report Arklearkle December 1, 2016 5:55 PM GMT
At no time did he say that Douvan was going to Sandown.
Report Callisto-moon December 1, 2016 5:58 PM GMT
Pretty naive
Report Callisto-moon December 1, 2016 5:59 PM GMT
Is rich riccci working at a bookies not a conflict of interst.
Report yeast December 1, 2016 5:59 PM GMT
Anybody backing Mullins AP is either has the inside line or plain daft although for this one we can blame the bookies just as much as the trainer.
Report mmmalushka December 1, 2016 6:05 PM GMT
Mullins treats the punters with contempt once again,anyone remember last years Tingle Creek  when he said the 4/7 ante post favourite Un De Sceaux had put in a "breathtaking" piece of work only to withdraw it 3 days later saying  "Unfortunately Un De Sceaux will not run this weekend. He has been a little flat in himself the last two days."
Report ReaseHeath December 1, 2016 6:23 PM GMT

Dec 1, 2016 -- 11:59AM, Callisto-moon wrote:

Is rich riccci working at a bookies not a conflict of interst.

Did Betbright price the Tingle Creek up antepost? Genuine question, I did n't look very hard but could n't see their prices on 0ddschecker.

Report quantize December 1, 2016 6:38 PM GMT
Tabor owns BetVictor so a bigger conflict of interest if you are going to be picky on that one,

Simple, don't back ante post. Plenty of other races to bet in,
Report cacique December 1, 2016 8:50 PM GMT

Dec 1, 2016 -- 10:47AM, Can't Catch Me wrote:

What an utterly ridiculous post soapy.

I think soapy has it spot on!

Arklearkle
Don't think he said wpm has done anything wrong.

Ritchie rich luck has to run out, kirk is good but he cannot keep up the phonomial strike rate.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com