Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jmc27
17 Aug 16 16:10
| Topic/replies: 3,650 | Blogger: jmc27's blog
Surprised no threads on his run, ran a huge race and should have been a lot closer.
First coming across he was all at sea but when steadied he ran on powerful before Postponed came across him checking that momentum
Lots of good horses popping up in his form now, so dont think today was a fluke, definitely on his last two runs there is a Group 1 in him now.
Beautifully bred aswell!
Show More
Report GEORGE.B August 17, 2016 4:16 PM BST
he's a gelding so won't be going to stud and presumably will be excluded from running in some Group 1s?

But yes, agree about the run. The Godolphin hoss got in his way as well.
Report hologon August 17, 2016 4:18 PM BST
Perhaps but over what distance? Think might be better at  less than 10 furlongs.
Report jmc27 August 17, 2016 4:36 PM BST
Afaik its only the Arc George where 4 and upwards geldings cant run in but i could be wrong on that, Cirrus Des Aigles got plenty of runs in.
I thought he was staying on well Hologon and could be worth going up to 12 but i could see why stepping down looks good aswell on his beating of Dutch Connection
Report duffy August 17, 2016 4:40 PM BST
strong run mile would be my guess, he looked very green when he started his run but looked like that once he got going would win, however, I just got the sneaky suspicion he was just beginning to run out of steam before the interference finished him off.
Report asparagus August 17, 2016 4:42 PM BST
Yep looked like running out of stamina if anything to me. A strongly run mile ideal. Not eligible for some of the group 1 mile races.
Report jmc27 August 17, 2016 5:05 PM BST
Only Group 1 mile races I know off where Geldings cant run in the England are the Classics and filly/mare only races, for example Solow won everything last year over a mile bar the Lockinge where he didnt run and he could have, Im I missing others?
Report Layboy August 17, 2016 7:19 PM BST
Just came third in a 12 runner Group One, stayed better than 75% of the field despite being hand ridden and hampered. Anybody who doubts its stamina ain't worth listening to.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com