Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
OliasOfSunhillow
25 Jul 16 15:58
| Topic/replies: 2,532 | Blogger: OliasOfSunhillow's blog
This firm has agree to take any bet from ANYONE up to a max payout of £500 on any UK race.

Now if Hugh Taylor is really interested in helping punters he will refrain from tipping until after 11am. Not because said bookie will accommodate you on his tips but it would allow those backing the same horse as Hugh to at least get a bet on with said firm
Pause Switch to Standard View Joe C £500 after 11am and Hugh Taylor
Show More
Report jmdc July 25, 2016 4:08 PM BST
And Irish amazingly!
Report OliasOfSunhillow July 25, 2016 4:09 PM BST
On one hand its a move in the right direction but on the other hand its a sad day when we applaud a bookie agreeing to take bets
Report jmdc July 25, 2016 4:11 PM BST
Trouble is I never believe anything that Simon Clare tells me!
Report Rider July 25, 2016 4:16 PM BST
what about bets on the premier league etc?
Report stewarts rise July 25, 2016 4:19 PM BST
A multi million pound company will take a bet with a max payout of £500, so that would be £200 at 6/4, £100 at 4/1 etc, i was laying bets like this in my LBO 35 years ago!Laugh
Report TheFear July 25, 2016 4:21 PM BST
100 at 5/1 surely
Report TheFear July 25, 2016 4:21 PM BST
well done them on this occasion
Report adamski July 25, 2016 4:22 PM BST
Worthless guarantee and the price will have changed before you put any bet on any Hugh Taylor selection, whatever time he puts them up.
Report ThirdTimeLucky July 25, 2016 4:34 PM BST
Try that each way in a 16 runner handicap.
Report dave1357 July 25, 2016 4:44 PM BST
They will prob be fine with 16 runner handicaps as a non-runner often saves them.  The proof of the pudding will be EW on novice hurdles and maidens as well as some stakes races.
Report TheFear July 25, 2016 4:45 PM BST
why is it worthless?
Report TheFear July 25, 2016 4:46 PM BST
People doing those bets are the ones who mess it up for everyone else
Report scousetweetypie July 25, 2016 4:48 PM BST
The price would be gone no matter what time hugh Taylor tips. Interested in someone called a Holden from odchkr who apparently had 540 points profit in a year. I wonder if anyone thinks this is poss or has he exaggerated like most of these 'tipsters'
Report traveltips July 25, 2016 4:55 PM BST
Andy Holding is an honest enough guy. He uses speed ratings to make his picks, see he had 5 winners on Saturday, biggest was 8/1
Report gnashersblackpool July 25, 2016 5:11 PM BST
guarntee is 500 takeout win only.

dirty ew still wont b accomadated,
Report GLASGOWCALLING July 25, 2016 5:15 PM BST
correct gnasher, a few on here need to read the SMALLPRINT
Report OliasOfSunhillow July 25, 2016 5:16 PM BST
Why should they, if your only complaint is that bookies wont accept dirty ew bets then you need to give up the game. Most people would snap the hands of bookmakers if they ALL agree to lay £500 to anyone win only. It would be better if they agree from 9am, now this is where you should direct your moaning
Report adamski July 25, 2016 5:26 PM BST
It will be rare if you can't do better than Coral's prices after 11.00am for £500 prior to the race. Maybe some who take advantage of the "generous" offer will post what value they got when they've put their bet on, think they will be in short supply.
Report McCoy Carp July 25, 2016 5:39 PM BST
BOG in the shops as well? Now you're talking Wink
Report Sowerby Boy July 25, 2016 11:57 PM BST
BOG on 2 meetings each day after 11 am with a coral connect card in shop
Report liberator of the oppressed July 26, 2016 6:03 AM BST
All JC are doing is deflecting some of the mess about in the hope that Government don't become involved. Nothing to applaud here.
Report halcyon days July 26, 2016 7:58 AM BST
Somebody goes in @ 11.00 and puts a ''nifty'' on a 10/1 chance...

11.01 8/1...  game over !   Cry
Report Frankelampard July 26, 2016 11:57 AM BST

Jul 25, 2016 -- 10:22AM, adamski wrote:

Worthless guarantee and the price will have changed before you put any bet on any Hugh Taylor selection, whatever time he puts them up.

I think the obvious thing to do here is not back Hugh Taylor selections! Do some work for yourself. A huge problem with genuine punters not being able to get on nowadays is price arbers and tipster followers attempting to get all of the value with little to no work involved. Ruined the game.

Report OliasOfSunhillow July 26, 2016 12:03 PM BST
Has anyone read the original post. I am not suggesting that you try and back Hugh's bets with Coral at 11am should he put them out at 11am. I am suggesting that if you have come to the same conclusion as Hugh and he put his out at 11.05am then you know you have a 5 min window to get a bet on with JC. Yes most of the time your bets will not clash with Hugh and perhaps most of the time it will be bigger on here or with another bookie but at least you have an extra window to work with.
Report OliasOfSunhillow July 26, 2016 12:05 PM BST
With regard to those who think its worthless, well its not worth a lot on its own but if it prompts other bookies to follow suit and you end up with a High street of shops that will play at 11am to £500 then that does tend to help a bit for those of you who prefer cash betting to on here
Report appformat July 26, 2016 12:10 PM BST
more to the point, will other so-called bookies now follow suit and actually start taking bets? Shocked
Report Ted Brogan July 26, 2016 12:24 PM BST
It's a very small step in the right direction, but a £500 liability for one of the supposed top firms is a joke. It needs to be at least £1000 liability or £100 stake, whichever is higher imo
Report Aviboyd July 26, 2016 12:54 PM BST
All this talk is irrelevant anyway.  After the takeover Jokes will be towing the Ladcrooks line which as we know if sweet FA...
Report siralex July 26, 2016 1:24 PM BST
Think everyone is missing the point, what about sp only punters? The £2000 limit on certain races didnt apply to everyone and nor will this. Fact!
They will still have to phone up for sp punters and then be told errr, no, sp only!!!
Report OliasOfSunhillow July 26, 2016 3:02 PM BST
I am mot sure that is true. Whe JC introduced the 5k bets for C4 races, if thats what you are talking about, I went into a shop and placed a 5k liability bet. The manager argued like crazy on the phone begging the head office to let him refuse the bet but to my surprise he was forced to take it. I presume they have continues this although I have never re tried it
Report flukes July 26, 2016 3:04 PM BST
As Aviboyd says it will probably all be irrelevant when they get into bed with Ladbrokes
Report duncan idaho July 26, 2016 3:30 PM BST
I'd imagine Hugh's tips will go up when the people who pay his wages decide when they'll go up...hardly Hugh himself that decides
Report ronnie rails July 26, 2016 6:26 PM BST
That's if you can find a Joes that's still open

The AM has today told the managers of 3 shops I have worked in that they have been sold, no redundancy's they will just be transferred with the shops to the new owners, also the new owners names have been embargoed and staff have been told not to tell anyone who they are, so not mentioning any companies from the emerald isle Mischief

still don't know why they want these shops as one of them 10yr ago took 30k over the counter a week now its lucky if it takes 7
Report adamski July 26, 2016 7:10 PM BST
If they'll lay one for 500 after 11, what will they lay one for before 11?
Report siralex July 26, 2016 8:34 PM BST
Olias - i may be wrong but with the 2k graded races they had to phone thru every single bet and what they would do was cut the price of the horse i wanted so imstead of giving me say 200 at 10/1 they would cut it to 8/1 and say i could have 225 at that price. I was only in there as they were best price.
Report ThirdTimeLucky July 26, 2016 10:13 PM BST
That's Korals favourite trick anyway, ask for a price for any bet that takes out more than about £200, then while the 'traders' decide over the bet (assuming they can get them off Twitter) cut the price while on the phone .

Yard dogs.
Report OliasOfSunhillow July 27, 2016 11:32 AM BST
I thought I would rerun my experiment this morning. As I type this I am in a city centre cafe trying to find a horse to back with JC that is at least joint top priced with JC within their qualifying races. Alas every horse is bigger on here and in many races to reasonable amounts. There was one horse that was 9/2 and was 5.4 on here but at 11am exactly they cut it to 4/1. It would seem therefore, based on todays experience, that the whole execise is a pointless publicity stunt. Anyone with any sense in class 4 and better handicaps would be far better off betting on here than with JC
Report Frankelampard July 27, 2016 1:00 PM BST

Jul 27, 2016 -- 5:32AM, OliasOfSunhillow wrote:

I thought I would rerun my experiment this morning. As I type this I am in a city centre cafe trying to find a horse to back with JC that is at least joint top priced with JC within their qualifying races. Alas every horse is bigger on here and in many races to reasonable amounts. There was one horse that was 9/2 and was 5.4 on here but at 11am exactly they cut it to 4/1. It would seem therefore, based on todays experience, that the whole execise is a pointless publicity stunt. Anyone with any sense in class 4 and better handicaps would be far better off betting on here than with JC

"bigger on here"

So you couldn't arb it off then? Poor you.

Report Magic__Daps July 27, 2016 1:26 PM BST
Freankelampard - you seem to know your onions but everything seems to concern "arbers" with you. If something was bigger in shop/online than on here you wouldn't be able to lay it back for hardly anything as the liquidity is shocking. There may well be people trading prices by getting the early ones and waiting for price contractions, but to suggest there are arbers still out there is one big myth imo.

The bottom line is either pay and get decent odds compilers and trust their judgement, or don't offer prices that you are not willing to lay. Why everything HAS to be linked to here is ridiculous.

If a bookmaker is standout price surely they WANT TO take money on that said selection? Yet if anyone takes it they are marked as shrewd etc? So the answer is don't offer it in the first place.
Report OliasOfSunhillow July 27, 2016 1:35 PM BST
Frank let me say one thing I am not or ever been an arber. If you had read the thread instead of jumping in at the end you would have a better understanding of what the the conversation is about. We are trying to determine whether JC's offer actually amounts to anything as far as punters are concerned. In other words would you want to help yourself to JC's offer and based on a small sample ie today the answer seems to be NO!

If you want to slag arbers off then by all means do so on another thread
Report siralex July 27, 2016 2:03 PM BST
The question i would ask is - if they are laying a £500 liability to ANYONE then why the need to phone up for bet acceptance after 11am if i want £50 on an 8/1 chance????

The only answer possible is to cut the horse to 7/1 then lay it for £500 liability.
Report pixie July 27, 2016 2:05 PM BST
What they do, is cut the price on the phone and not lay it at all.
Report saddo July 27, 2016 2:17 PM BST
Killed the price on Rippol today, would have drifted to 12s or more imo.
Report flukes July 29, 2016 4:00 PM BST
So they'll lay £500 liability after 11 am to prices which can be bettered or equalled elsewhere or on here.  Meanwhile at 8.30 they have cynically cut max stake to £10 in shops on standout advertised prices on Saturdays/BIg Race Meetings (such as Glorious Goodwood). Not surprisingly haven't heard any of their PR reps banging the drum about the latter...........their forthcoming marriage with Ladcrokes is certainly one of two equals.
Report ashleigh July 29, 2016 4:09 PM BST
tanya, clare and stevens looking depressed.Cry
heart bleeds.Laugh
Report ronnie rails July 29, 2016 5:53 PM BST
Clare and Stevens have no reason to be depressed they have secure jobs with good wages.

As I posted the other days 3 shops in my old area have had the area manager tell them they have been sold and the staff will get whatever terms and conditions the buyer decides to give them or they can take a hike, 2 more shops in my current area have been told the same in the last couple of days, one of these managers was taken into a meeting today and asked what they were going to do about the scratchcard targets as the shop was a mile behind, the reply to the AM was foxtrot Oscar I'm doing nowt as you wont be employing me anymore Laugh
Report flukes July 29, 2016 6:03 PM BST
Nice 1 Ronnie, you are clearly 1 of the good guys. What was the maximum they allowed on Franklin D at 8.30 this morning at the advertised price?
Report ronnie rails July 29, 2016 6:09 PM BST
flukes

sorry I have no idea as my shop doesn't open till 9 Surprisedand price wise has finished by then, so much for my punters trying to get onSad

I don't bother looking at the profit alert anymore cause the offers already gone.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com