Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sweetnsour
09 Jul 16 09:24
| Topic/replies: 1,843 | Blogger: sweetnsour's blog
fooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk oooooofffffffffffffffffffff
Show More
Report Facts July 9, 2016 9:30 AM BST
See my Morning Line thread
Report northanlite July 9, 2016 9:32 AM BST
you don't appreciate his fashion designs then?
Report johnnyrant July 9, 2016 9:40 AM BST
Banks mouthing off again with his awful opinions
Report portmanpark July 9, 2016 9:41 AM BST
put the boot in fallon
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 9, 2016 9:43 AM BST
It's ok he has never won so much money off a single horse as Air Force Blue the 3 times he has ran this year and finish 000

oh wait he has only ran twice this season, would not bother listening to what he says, just likes to be controversial on the tv
Report saxon farm July 9, 2016 9:44 AM BST
I like him.
Report Facts July 9, 2016 9:44 AM BST
johnnyrant    09 Jul 16 09:40 
Banks mouthing off again with his awful opinions

Well, there's a surprise !
Report OVERSEAS July 9, 2016 9:48 AM BST
GC and GB falling out there.....
Report northanlite July 9, 2016 9:50 AM BST
you might not agree with him but he's good value on what is so often a turgid show
Report OVERSEAS July 9, 2016 9:52 AM BST
wouldnt say good value....but would agree turgid show..
Report clacton July 9, 2016 9:53 AM BST
There are plenty who would agree with what he said about Fallon. Most of them sitting there think it but dont like to say it.
Report portmanpark July 9, 2016 9:57 AM BST
I think sweetnsour would prefer fitzy on...................think the show would have been boring without him...........the show was best when franks and bigmac were on
Report Magic__Daps July 9, 2016 9:59 AM BST
I have "debated" with him on here before, but have to at least give him some credit for saying what he actually thinks rather than sitting on the fence like the rest of them.
Report johnnyrant July 9, 2016 10:07 AM BST
There is a way of expressing an opinion though without being so abrupt and frankly obnoxious as he consistently is.
Report Outpost July 9, 2016 10:07 AM BST
tbf banks never brought it up on the morning line - it was cunningham trying to score points with dodgy jockeys and trainers who first brought it up on the show.

banks just stood by what he had apparently previously said on social media.
Report kennythebetboy July 9, 2016 10:13 AM BST
The truth hurts, glad there are people like Geoff Banks who tell it like it is.
100% right about corruption with low paid jockeys, easy targets for drug dealers & wrong'uns to bribe.

DevilWhoopsWinkWink
Report northanlite July 9, 2016 10:14 AM BST
his attempt to correlate depression with corruption was a bit crass imo but pretty much everything else
he said re Fallon and jockeys in general was spot on.
Report khyber kim July 9, 2016 10:16 AM BST
Just watched it, at least he has an opinion. Breath of fresh air when someone has the guts to speak out against corruption.
Report clacton July 9, 2016 10:22 AM BST
Plenty on here who moan about fence-sitters.They also moan about someone who's prepared to say what millions think.
Emma would not like hearing it. She was a Ramsden.
Report johnnyrant July 9, 2016 10:43 AM BST
Connecting corruption with depression was incredibly crass & sums the bloke up. I much prefer people to express an opinion but Jeff doesn't express opinions in an especially well thought out or polite manner. Like the day he was on and told Gordon Elliott his horse would not have won the Gold Cup if Cue Card hadn't fallen. That's not an intelligent or informed opinion, it's pure conjecture, but he was belligerent expressing it as always.
Report Meyer Lansky July 9, 2016 10:49 AM BST
Depression and corruption do not go hand in hand and whilst I agree that Fallon has had his issues, I'm not sure today  was the best time to publicly air those views, given KF's current circumstances
Report sweetnsour July 9, 2016 10:51 AM BST
He's an arrogant, obnoxious pri*k who loves himself.
Turn tv off when he is on. Seen him on course a few times still the same.
Report 1st time poster July 9, 2016 10:55 AM BST
well fallons done the drug, alcoholic line so depression was the only story in town ,depressed about been yesterdays man and thats about it
Report gbtp July 9, 2016 11:06 AM BST
Banks, as previous poster says, just voicing what probably 80%+ of racing people think with regard to Fallon. Well done him.
Report insideinfo July 9, 2016 11:07 AM BST
banks is a horrible wee ****! also his "joke" about jim mcgrath going out less than wotever horse and then ssaying emma went out more than wotever one went down like a lead balloon..
Report kavvie July 9, 2016 11:08 AM BST
i was puzzled by that..it sounded very strange..no one laughing only himself..
Report Magic__Daps July 9, 2016 11:28 AM BST
I'm not sure today  was the best time to publicly air those views, given KF's current circumstances

Cunningham was the one who started poking him with the stick asking him to apologise, if Banks would have done a u-turn on what he said previously he would be getting flak on here as well. Don't see what the problem is myself, but all about opinions.
Report boingingbaggie July 9, 2016 12:00 PM BST
They have him on because he's a gob****.

Not on my facking telly, they don't.
Report Paterson92 July 9, 2016 12:06 PM BST
The fact that people see Geoff Banks as "adding value" to the Morning Line just about sums up the decline Channel 4 has taken racing. Who the fook thinks we want the opinion of a bookie when analysing a race anyway? Especially this fame hungry coont that says controversial things just for the attention.

I'd sooner have Gok Wan sitting on that couch than this clown. The sooner we move to ITV and get rid of Banks etc the better, infuriating!
Report Paterson92 July 9, 2016 12:08 PM BST
And yes "insideinfo" I actually cringed at those statements, embarrassing and extremely self absorbed.
Report johnnyrant July 9, 2016 12:52 PM BST
well said Paterson.
Report Facts July 9, 2016 2:12 PM BST
1st time poster    09 Jul 16 10:55 
well fallons done the drug, alcoholic line so depression was the only story in town ,depressed about been yesterdays man and thats about it

Your ignorance is truly staggering.
Report stewarty b July 9, 2016 2:31 PM BST
Fallon could have carried on until the same age as George Duffield imo.
Report dunlaying July 9, 2016 2:45 PM BST
I like Fallon. He has kept bad company in the past but he is not the only one. One of the few jockeys that could really fire a horse up.
As for Geoff "Where The Fun Never Stops" Banks , he should sit on it rather than talk through it.
Report clayfield1 July 9, 2016 2:57 PM BST
The man is a total snob, When he asked Martin Harley what he weighed, Big head Bank's said I weighed more than that when I was at PUBLIC school. Not JUST school.
Report saxon farm July 9, 2016 3:25 PM BST
I still like him.
Report insideinfo July 9, 2016 7:20 PM BST
yea noticed that too clayfield,anyone normal would have just said school whether it was a public school or not..he is a total tosspot and im glad that seems to be the general concensus on here
Report ima_mazed66 July 9, 2016 9:10 PM BST
Since Geoff is so opinionated and loves to take a view on things, it's a bit of a shame he doesn't really do that regarding his book and accepting bets.
Report saxon farm July 10, 2016 12:31 AM BST
This thread should have been obliterated after the initial poat.  I can debate, but will not argue with anything that is rude & or obnoxious.
Report appformat July 10, 2016 1:03 AM BST

Jul 9, 2016 -- 9:10PM, ima_mazed66 wrote:

Since Geoff is so opinionated and loves to take a view on things, it's a bit of a shame he doesn't really do that regarding his book and accepting bets.

never known him to refuse a bet?
allthough he could do more to expose other books restricting punters.

Report Rob_The_Bantam July 10, 2016 1:13 AM BST
I had two £50 bets shortly after opening an account.  Neither were arbs.  Both probably beat SP, but then so do about 90% of bets.  Restricted to about a quid win after them and within 24 hours.  Try it for yourself - he's exactly like the rest of them, just with a slightly bigger mouth.
Report appformat July 10, 2016 1:20 AM BST
yeah, I stand corrected, was his dad that would never refuse a bet.
Report saxon farm July 10, 2016 2:11 AM BST
When Banks's Old Man was in his pomp percentages gave a bookie a chance. Not now!
It is fine that the modern punter wants the best of every world, but not a given right.

Some on here are clueless of the art of legging.
Report Sportsadvisor July 14, 2016 8:55 PM BST
No question - I enjoy reading the often jealous nonsense from certain individuals on here. Were I to declare the sky blue- they'd call me all sorts of unpleasantries (under a cloak of cowardly anonymity) just because I forgot to mention it's cloudy too

And there's the idiots on here who think the 'public school' comment as anything other than tongue in cheek. Deliberate? well of course. Haven't you all heard enough sycophantic bullshit on your racing telly for Gods sake?

I don't expect people to always agree with what I say - but my job isn't to bore, it's to entertain, provoke, perhaps amuse. It's television. You'd do best to remember that. Fine if you object to comments to Elliott or Walsh - I need to kiss their backsides because you do? I'll say as I feel.

I remember the rants on here over the Sammy Jo Bell comment - the political correct wannabees on here as usual barking at an opportunity to rubbish someone for doing his best on live telly to make it a little more entertaining. Francome would have said it 5 times - but of course that's different

To those on here who have posted comments of the nature you don't mind opinions. I respect the sensibe views too and they don't have to be my own

As for FACCTS - well every time there's a forum on me - you pop up with your nastiness. Please get yourself laid. A life- anything

Good luck guys
Report Sportsadvisor July 14, 2016 9:01 PM BST
As to the creator of this ranting session. Mr 'sweetnsour' Is it possible you could spel my name right?
Report pablo-fanque July 14, 2016 9:03 PM BST
Jeoff ?
Report Facts July 14, 2016 9:05 PM BST
Would you care to point out  my ' nastiness '
As opposed to,your crudity that is
Report ladycarla July 14, 2016 9:08 PM BST
I'm not on anyone's side for the record, don't know your family history apart from the carrot story your dad did once which I thought was brilliant and imo when you're on morning line (which I've taped for 30 years) you bring a different carrott to the table and make it interesting, defo need more characters on the morning line as it's got duller and duller as the years keep rolling on!!

For the record I used to always get up for it when Francome and Big mac was on, probably by default seen it about 5 times at the actual time since.
Report the whizz kids July 14, 2016 9:09 PM BST
Great video on Geoff Banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvONA-euVQ
Report McCoy Carp July 14, 2016 9:10 PM BST
Anyway, make the most of Geoff, because he won't be on much longer if Johnston gets his way. Silly
Report ladycarla July 14, 2016 9:12 PM BST
btw the 30 years was just a guess, seems that long Laugh
Report ladycarla July 14, 2016 9:22 PM BST
Great video on Geoff Banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvONA-euVQ

But if you fancy the favourite why would you bet on the exchange??
Report impossible123 July 14, 2016 9:25 PM BST
Why is Jeff Banks being discussed here? Is he not a designer of men's and women's clothing, and this is a horse racing forum!
Report ladycarla July 14, 2016 9:28 PM BST
I actually thought years ago why you wouldn't do a marketing deal with the two!! Maybe carrots come cheap LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ima_mazed66 July 14, 2016 9:30 PM BST
Sportsadvisor    14 Jul 16 20:55 
No question - I enjoy reading the often jealous nonsense from certain individuals on here.....

I don't expect people to always agree with what I say - but my job isn't to bore, it's to entertain, provoke, perhaps amuse. It's television.

Just out of interest, what exactly is it people are meant to be jealous of and regarding the second part, is that the remit you were given or one you decided for yourself?

It's just that I personally would have thought a little honesty and talking a bit of common sense was quite important too, as boring as it might be and all that.
Report McCoy Carp July 14, 2016 9:31 PM BST
According to that video we should all be using the exchange. Shocked
Report Sportsadvisor July 14, 2016 9:39 PM BST
You can peruse my comments on that idiotic video - thank you for the nice comments btw and the link
Report Magic__Daps July 14, 2016 9:44 PM BST
Don't converse with ima regarding Fallon, if Fallon was caught taking a bribe to throw a race and it was all caught on video. he would still argue that is was innocent. Stay well away (NAP).
Report ladycarla July 14, 2016 9:50 PM BST
^ that's always gone on they just got more wise, before cameras it was so easy like staying in a dip when there was fog and rejoin them a lap later etc etc
Report Paul Haigh - Total Respect July 14, 2016 9:54 PM BST
Whether you like him or not, agree with his opinions or not, Geoff is a worthwhile addition to the Morning Line, in my opinion.

There are more than enough people in this industry who are accused of sitting on the fence or unwilling to ask awkward questions.

I don't think Geoff can be accused of either.
Report Captain Christy July 14, 2016 10:07 PM BST
Yep, it is a bit baffling to hear people complaining constantly about gravy trainers and then when someone says something outside of the norm  on tv but which you'd read on this forum every day of the week they get shot down.
Report dambuster July 14, 2016 10:13 PM BST
Geoff Banks
Matt Chapman
Big Mac
Barry Dennis....now that IS a morning line id be getting up to watch, even if it was on at 7am
Report Sportsadvisor July 14, 2016 10:32 PM BST
you'll see plenty of Chapman in the new lineup. For me he's entertaining - looking at his forums he needs 'foils' to bounce off. Somedays its a bit like the Champman show- not his fault- the guests a bit timid at times. Chis Cook amongst others give honest value tho
Report ladycarla July 14, 2016 11:29 PM BST
Chapo
Big Mac
barry Dennis
Francome

That's the line up I would love but reality life moves on and we need new blood!!
Report Facts July 14, 2016 11:59 PM BST
God help us Cry
Report onlooker July 15, 2016 1:55 AM BST
Sportsadvisor 14 Jul 16 22:32 

you'll see plenty of Chapman in the new lineup. For me he's entertaining - looking at his forums he needs 'foils' to bounce off. Somedays its a bit like the Champman show- not his fault- the guests a bit timid at times
------------------

Perhaps, that is because the egotistical Chapman barely lets his guests get a word in.

Racing's Jonathon Woss.

The show - both of them - being all about the presenter/host - and NOT the guests. ....

In THEIR mind's eye. Cry
Report Invisible Layer July 15, 2016 9:43 AM BST
dambuster • July 14, 2016 10:13 PM BST
Geoff Banks
Matt Chapman
Big Mac
Barry Dennis....now that IS a morning line id be getting up to watch, even if it was on at 7am

This^
Report portmanpark July 15, 2016 12:49 PM BST
facts.................who would you like in the line up??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com