Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FelipeMassa
28 Jun 16 16:30
| Topic/replies: 75 | Blogger: FelipeMassa's blog
I just lost 80 pounds because i was having some back bets in the market when the horse missed the start and somebody took the bets pre race...  they were 7,8 ticks from the traded price at the start, then 1 second before the suspension someone takes them, then a couple of seconds later i see on betfair video the horse missed the start and i have to trade out in-play for double the price...

this is a bit annoying because its not the first time i lose like this and makes my market making strategy too risky.

why is it betfairs policy to suspend the market just when the race start on betfair live video? Everyone knows people are 2-3 seconds ahead of this and your pre-race money is not protected.

so even it is not that obvious on every race apparently people on track or on a fast feed are backing/laying horses that start well/bad before the market goes in-play.

The horse im talking about was Essaka on the 2:45 Brighton race, i attached a screenshot so im not making this up.

Should pre-race bets not be protected from these poeple??
Pause Switch to Standard View Horse racing generally suspended late
Show More
Report Oceanfinance June 28, 2016 4:35 PM BST
ATR being so far behind makes this possible even for people who are cautious.
Report geoff m June 28, 2016 4:40 PM BST
Not just the start im sure plenty is traded after the finish line.
Report Wesdag June 28, 2016 6:04 PM BST
If you know this, then why don't you stop your market making a few seconds earlier?
Report Oceanfinance June 28, 2016 6:18 PM BST
chepstow LV is slower tonight
Report Wesdag June 28, 2016 6:35 PM BST
Pre-race trading isn't exactly new.

Most just use a bit of common sense and don't try their luck right up until the off.
Report Keefter June 28, 2016 6:47 PM BST
nobody should be able to trade In Running before the market suspends. Betfair should really get a handle on things like this. I've seen a horse fail to come out of the stalls and return a 100+ SP when it was an even money shot minutes before.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com