Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mincer11
19 Apr 16 15:38
| Topic/replies: 3,016 | Blogger: mincer11's blog
He has jockeys that you wouldnt let bring them round the parade ring.
Tinkler Bass McGrath and Carberry are all tosh.
De boinville is very good but the others are journeymen
Pause Switch to Standard View Its no wonder Henderson is no longer...
Show More
Report Racingqueen April 19, 2016 3:39 PM BST
its no coincidence that when Nicholls and Henderson appointed decent jocks (Walsh & Geraghty) they went through a golden period
Report mincer11 April 19, 2016 3:44 PM BST
Thats exactly it, but plenty cant see that.
Henderson with Fitzgerald = mediocrity
Henderson with Geraghty = best period of career
Henderson with journeymen = Spell in doldrums
Report ima_mazed66 April 19, 2016 4:06 PM BST
It's actually the horses that jump the obstacles and not the jockeys. HTH.
Report mincer11 April 19, 2016 4:08 PM BST
Cant see your rubbish thank god.
Report sageform April 19, 2016 4:11 PM BST
Chicken and egg. The best jockeys want to ride for the trainers with the best horses. Walsh and Geraghty jumped ship when they felt the quality was waning or a better yard/owner was offering them a job.
Report ima_mazed66 April 19, 2016 6:19 PM BST
That's because there isn't any to see mincer11 but I'm glad I can see yours as you are always good for a laugh.....Oh and just the 60 or so Grade 1 race wins for Fitzgerald and Henderson combined, including Cheltenham Festival races like the Arkle, Cathcart, Champion Hurdle, Coral Cup Hurdle, the Gold Cup, Queen Mother, RSA Chase, Ryanair Chase, Stayers' Hurdle, Triumph Hurdle, as well as Fiztgeral himself winning other top races like the Martell Aintree Hurdle, Bula Hurdle, Christmas Hurdle, Cleeve Hurdle, the Grand National, the King George, Martell Cup Chase, P@ddy P0wer Gold Cup, Racing Post Chase, Tingle Creek and the T0te Gold Trophy, with many of those races being won more than once.

Shall we also just forget that two of those so called Henderson "journeyman" jockeys have won the Cheltenham Gold Cup, one of them has won the Betfair Chase and the King George twice, the Mildmay of Flete at the Cheltenham Festival, the Becher Handicap Chase and Topham Chase too, with the other "journeyman" being able to add a Queen Mother to his Cheltenham Gold Cup win, as well as a Coral Cup and a Supreme Novices' Hurdle, plus several other grade race wins, with both of those "journeymen" having limited opportunities up until now.

I'll play along with you though and pretend that you can't actually see my messages and say that's a pity then, as if you could you wouldn't continuously make such an @rse of yourself and isn't it annoying when the facts get in the way of your nonsense arguments eh? Grin
Report geordie1956 April 19, 2016 6:24 PM BST
I'm not sure if mincer is intentionally provocative or whether he is simply inept but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that he isn't doing it deliberatelyDevil
Report Oceanfinance April 19, 2016 6:27 PM BST
de boinvilles as moderate as the others youve mentioned. terrible standard of nh jocks atm
Report Facts April 19, 2016 6:28 PM BST
Id give him the benefit of the doubt . He's just a tw@t
Report geordie1956 April 19, 2016 6:43 PM BST
disagree with the assertions about de boinville; he's a really good jockey
Report One Nation April 19, 2016 6:45 PM BST
De Boinville is light years ahead of the other goats Hendo employs.
Report Oceanfinance April 19, 2016 6:51 PM BST
good jockeys keep still that rules out NdB and Bass!
Report geordie1956 April 19, 2016 7:01 PM BST
leg lock luke kept still but didn't make him a good jock
Report RothmanMike April 19, 2016 7:07 PM BST
Liverpool should have got rid ages ago. Happy
Report ima_mazed66 April 19, 2016 7:24 PM BST
So a "moderate" Nico de Boinville wins the Cheltenham Gold Cup last season on the first novice to do so for 40 years, leading practically all the way and judging the pace well enough to still have something left at the end to see of challenges from Ruby and Bryan Cooper, in a race that included other jockeys like Casey, Coleman, Fehily, Geraghty, Hutchinson, McCoy, Russell, Scudamore, ST-D and Townend, as well as also winning this season's Queen Mother.

Just think how successful he might be if he was a bit better than "moderate? eh?
Report treetop April 19, 2016 8:24 PM BST
Fair point Ima.
Report The Headmaster April 19, 2016 9:54 PM BST
Over the last season and a bit I think Bass is one of the most improved jockeys in the weighing room.  Clearly that doesn't seem to be a popular view.
Report GT April 19, 2016 10:09 PM BST
Bass and de boinville are jockeys I like to back. Very recent
Report rmccarthy16 April 19, 2016 10:19 PM BST
Laugh Some posters on here need to give up. De Boinville average, Bass rubbish? Laugh. What would you have the jockey do, pick up and carry the horse.
Report ima_mazed66 April 19, 2016 10:23 PM BST
Thank you treetop.

Bass and de Boinville are decent and generally always have been when the horse has been good enough too but with Geraghty taking the JP job and McCoy retiring, both are getting more chances now on Henderson's better ones, as well as both riding a fair few winners to rides for Ben Pauling, as well as Bass doing well on Kim Bailey's horses too.

All of Bass, de Boinville and Tinkler have a better win percentage than Geraghty when riding for Henderson this season, exposing even more holes in mincer11's argument yet again!
Report Faux-Heen April 19, 2016 10:41 PM BST
Nico De Boinville been outstanding last 12-15 months. No problem backing him against Walsh and Geraghty.
Hardly remember a single horse he has failed to win on that should have, whereas can recall plenty for the latter pair over the last couple of years who think on slight decline. Certainly doesn't seem to have as many last fence howlers as Walsh.
Report insideinfo April 19, 2016 10:43 PM BST
mincie making a tw&t of himself again Laugh
Report halcyon days April 20, 2016 7:12 AM BST
The Tehran Cowboy

A Grade 1 clown and,

post race ''flat'' garbage,

a Group 1 idiot
Report EVILROYSLADE April 20, 2016 7:35 AM BST
Agree with Ima.
Report Eont April 20, 2016 10:31 AM BST
should this not be was clean average
got a friendly vet then top of the class
someone gave BHA nod and wink
got caught and things started to fall off
now average
Report Dr Crippen April 20, 2016 10:52 AM BST
The fortunes of trainers go up and down regardless of which jockeys they use.

Trainers are dependent on the quality of their horses that are sent to them.

Jockeys are dependent on the quality of the rides they are given.

Get that into your head, and study the way that trainers operate.
Then find out what makes one piece of form better than another.

If you ever get that far, you'll soon realise that if you've picked the right one that who is riding it is the least of your worries.
Report GEORGE.B April 20, 2016 10:55 AM BST
When is a winning ride not necessarily a good ride?

I'm referring to the ride on SS in the Champion Chase, and fair play Nico won the race and that was the one that mattered, but for me the horse ended up having a lot harder race than was necessary. Imo he could have waited, took it up between the last two and won on the snaff, instead he's gone for home soon enough and he's ended the race quite a tired horse.

People will say well that's how he won the race previously, but he's an older horse now who's had his issues.

It wouldn't matter if the horse never won again given what he's achieved, and he may come out on Saturday and hose up, but with Saturday in mind, I'd be concerned Cheltenham might have left its mark.
Report rmccarthy16 April 20, 2016 5:25 PM BST
How did Nico know that he would win as easily? or that UDS would stop that quickly? He stated the only way he could beat it was to pressure it and he did which meant he had to commit early
Report Giddy April 20, 2016 10:51 PM BST
Hendo interview last week, he stated the following re SS in the CC
He told Nico not to disappoint the horse and to let him go went the horse decided to go and not to take a tug
No jockey error there and personally I think he will be in and around the top of the tree for a long time to come

Great stuff iam amazed
Report ima_mazed66 April 21, 2016 12:24 AM BST
Thanks Giddy.

And a come from behind 50/1 winner for de Boinville and Pauling yesterday too I noticed.
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 21, 2016 12:59 AM BST
like McGrath
Report sageform April 21, 2016 7:23 AM BST
De Boinville much the best of the regular riders for Henderson. He is still comparatively inexperienced so a few mistakes will happen but that is true of all jockeys with less than 5 seasons as a pro. The likes of Sheehan, Skelton, Bass, Nichol all riding much better now that they are getting good rides every day while Noonan and Cobden are already looking exceptional for conditionals. Older jockeys still retain pace judgement, tactical nous etc. but probably less able to deal with jumping errors. Hence more falls and injuries for the likes of Walsh, Geraghty etc.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com