Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Diff-rent
11 Apr 16 16:23
| Topic/replies: 2,666 | Blogger: Diff-rent's blog
Does anyone know much about his back ground in racing (thanks in advance) ?
His stats are impressive recently especially over hurdles.
Pause Switch to Standard View Trainer Kenneth Slack
Show More
Report dt01 April 11, 2016 5:42 PM BST
The family come from Cumbria, father is Arthur, mother is Evelyn, the backround rises from harness racing where Evelyn used to drive there horses in races. If you google Kenneth Slack and click on Horses Training a family business, it gives you a lot more but I can tell you Arthur did used to like a punt. hth cheers.
Report Arklearkle April 11, 2016 5:46 PM BST
Nice fav winning there at Kelso.
Report dave d April 11, 2016 10:56 PM BST
/...still likes a tilt at the ring !!
Report Bigwillystyle April 11, 2016 11:57 PM BST
Horses are obviously eating the right stuff..........
Report smirnoff2therescue April 12, 2016 12:01 AM BST
hang on I will give Kenny a shoutWinkWinkLaugh
Report kennythebetboy April 12, 2016 12:25 AM BST
Thanks smirnoff,

I have a good insight into the "Slacks" ..... my sister was married to one of them.

But if you need to know the family connections, you need to become one of the select band of "Rodents" to find out, membership is by invitation only.

We have uncovered a myriad of intrigue and incest relating to "The Cunbrian Mafia" ....or "The Cartmel Cartel" as they are sometimes referred to.

But young Kenneth is doing well, he has improved today's winner by at least 30lb since it arrived earlier this year from Kevin Bishop's yard. Others will be showing themselves during the summer jumping campaign, the stable is attracting a lot of interest, especially since the demise of Donald McCain's outfit.

DevilWhoopsWinkWink
Report smirnoff2therescue April 12, 2016 12:35 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD36UPLsL30&nohtml5=False

GrinGrinShockedShocked
Report smirnoff2therescue April 12, 2016 12:41 AM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgqa3cVOxUc

LaughLaughLaugh
Report duncan idaho April 12, 2016 8:35 AM BST
Does anyone know much about his back ground in racing? His stats are impressive recently especially over hurdles

"Rodents"..intrigue..incest..''The Cunbrian Mafia"..."The Cartmel Cartel"    Shocked

poss more than OP was bargaining for there!
Report Ekbalco April 12, 2016 11:04 AM BST
The Slackster is the Dog's - he would improve Douvan.

Money down - bounce out - payout queue.
Report equine flew April 12, 2016 11:31 AM BST
Talking of the Cumbria Mafia, takes me back.  When I was at Lancaster University (late 80s/early 90s), we had a racing club.   Local trainer Jack Berry was honorary president.   Every Feb he would invite all of us (yes all 5) to his stables for an tour.   We got some great updates on his 2yo pecking order and was always interesting seeing that stalls testing, etc.

Anyway, one year he tipped us a horse trained by Dudley Moffatt that was running later that week.   It was at Newcastle and the horse was called Serdu.   I have never seen a horse win a race as easily in all my life.   It tanked all the way round and won hard held.  The sort of race you knew you were collecting after the first hurdle.  Apparently they were all on it, and the Mafia's tentacles reached as far as Lancashire.

Always looked closely at this mobs runners since.
Report intheknow April 12, 2016 11:31 AM BST
Whilst he has a lot of weddings he has been known to have the odd funeral chucked in too
Report wondersobright April 12, 2016 11:57 AM BST
dt01 is correct

he has done everything right so far including his own method of trainingWink which is unusual and probably only something a small yard can do but is seriously effective by the look of things

got the right jockey as his main man and he is a nice fella by all accounts wish him all the success he is getting
Report Wickerman April 12, 2016 12:50 PM BST
His sister has fallen away only 6 winners from 145 runners this season
Report seaside dreamer April 12, 2016 12:50 PM BST
cannot confirm this but seem to remember one of pipes assistants had joined him??
Report wondersobright April 12, 2016 12:57 PM BST
wickerman...too many runs on the flat with mainly jumping types to allow her daughter to ride them Sad saw that coming

sd...correct
Report seaside dreamer April 12, 2016 12:59 PM BST
wondersobright initials DR?
Report wondersobright April 12, 2016 12:59 PM BST
yep david richmond
Report kennythebetboy April 12, 2016 1:06 PM BST
Arthur & Evelyn were a familiar sight at Appleby Fair (first week of June) with their sulky's (trotting harnesses).

Anyone who has never been, it is mobbed for the week. Ponies, cobs, trotters, hunters etc.

No tar-macing being done that week, featured in My Big "G" Wedding .... not allowed to say that word on here.

Horses are blessed in the River Eden.

Slack's are just up the road, nice to see Ken & Diane doing well.
Report ONSLOW1974 April 12, 2016 1:10 PM BST
Are you calling him a "Pikey"
Report wondersobright April 12, 2016 1:11 PM BST
lol
Report kennythebetboy April 12, 2016 1:13 PM BST
Such foul mouthed utterances would never leave my lips ....SurprisedDevilWhoopsWinkWink
Report ONSLOW1974 April 12, 2016 1:14 PM BST
lol
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com