Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
18 Mar 16 16:13
| Topic/replies: 32,603 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
A tentitive selection here but this beast has the forum imho. Pity about the pilot..
Show More
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 3:17 PM GMT
forum

A freudian slip perhaps??
Report saddo March 18, 2016 3:30 PM GMT
Aye.
Report Dan Chipowski March 18, 2016 3:37 PM GMT
Did not need to be asking it for a big one there..... CryCry
Report Racingqueen March 18, 2016 3:37 PM GMT
Sad
Report xmoneyx March 18, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
Cry
Report Dr Gonzo March 18, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
FFS Brennan Cry
Report RozelKid March 18, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
gutted for brennan
Report themover March 18, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
" Pity about the pilot"

Cry
Report EastLower Gooner March 18, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
was going quite well.
Report sewter lives again March 18, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
what was he doing?
Report themover March 18, 2016 3:39 PM GMT
was going well dispute the pilot hardly getting a fence right
Report TRD.Racing March 18, 2016 3:39 PM GMT
Paddy Paddy Paddy FFS
Report This is for BIG Players only March 18, 2016 3:39 PM GMT
took one for the bookies!!
Report treble March 18, 2016 3:39 PM GMT
Brennan looked like he had a rush of adrenaline when he hit the front and his entire riding went to ****.
Report yeast March 18, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Brennan getting over excited. Fookin' idiot
Report crepello March 18, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
themover - spot on - he hardly jumped a fence cleanly ....
Report sageform March 18, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Quite well! Paddy had been so patient and had he stayed where he was, 2 lengths back until going to the second last, it would have been very interesting.
Report themightymac March 18, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Main thing is that both are all right. Unlucky.
Report Dan Chipowski March 18, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Paddy actually visually looked like he sh!t himself. Sad
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 3:41 PM GMT
Pity about the pilot..

Swap jockeys and a different result imo.
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 3:41 PM GMT
total mug, Brennan
Report roida March 18, 2016 3:41 PM GMT
another jockey error Crazy
Report Dr Gonzo March 18, 2016 3:41 PM GMT

gutted for brennan

Gutted for Paddy? I'd save your commiserations for the owners. Brennan made an absolute bollox of that.
Report EastLower Gooner March 18, 2016 3:41 PM GMT
Too far to know but pretty sure he would've given DonC a decent fight.
Report layingdoesntwork March 18, 2016 3:41 PM GMT
such a shame as that would have probably been the only chance for cue card to win a gold cup
Report This is for BIG Players only March 18, 2016 3:42 PM GMT
there was no way that was winning, hit every fence ffs
Report Northofperth March 18, 2016 3:43 PM GMT
Yes I did back Cue Card , and yes , I've never ridden in a race never mind a winner , but Paddy was asking too early for a jump to put things to bed . IMHO..
Report sewter lives again March 18, 2016 3:43 PM GMT
CC was tanking along
Report Johnny_Mustang March 18, 2016 3:43 PM GMT
Academic really as he would have been outstayed by the winner.
Report penzance March 18, 2016 3:43 PM GMT
At least he got up.
Report acey deucy March 18, 2016 3:44 PM GMT
Ruby would have won a minute if he was riding Cue Card......Brennan was like a claimer there.
Report Stark March 18, 2016 3:44 PM GMT
Horse got it completely wrong, he hesitated, don't blame the rider.

Don't give a donald to be honest, just so pleased he got up and still wanted to run - looked a possible bad injury for a mo.

Phew !
Report layingdoesntwork March 18, 2016 3:44 PM GMT
Yes that is right, it is great that he got up from the fall that would have been so awful
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
such a shame as that would have probably been the only chance for cue card to win a gold cup

Agree with that to some extent. Maybe next year with a proper jockey on board and the same going.
Report cricketnut2 March 18, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
He doesn't stay, but that couldn't be proved, but the horse didn't jump very well anyway and it might have been, that he was beginning to tire when he made that final mistake and fell. However Don Cossack fell at Kempton and he would probably have won that race.
Report roida March 18, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
ANYONE BLAMING BRENNAN SERIOUSLY NEEDS ANOTHER HOBBY

you are absolutely clueless...the horse was never asked for anything..it was tanking along nicely and simply didnt take off.
Report Roger De Bris March 18, 2016 3:46 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1rZDp2lwVs
Report rmccarthy16 March 18, 2016 3:47 PM GMT
Absolutely spot on roida. How the fck can you blame the jockey?! The horse met the fence completely wrong and hadn't jumped well the entire race.
Report cricketnut2 March 18, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
I'm telling you he wandered around like a drunk, over the last 1/2f at Kempton, yes he did seem to be travelling well, but as I say the Kempton race told me he wouldn't have stayed.
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
Seemed full of running when he fell.

I reckon backers can count themselves very unlucky there.

He shaped as if he was going for a long one and then changed his mind.
Report acey deucy March 18, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
Ablind man could see Breannan was all over the shop before the horse fell,i dont expect the mug's to understand that.
Report johnnyrant March 18, 2016 3:48 PM GMT
always feel they tempt fate when the C4 coverage is all about the horse in the yard, interview with Brennan, how much the horse means to everyone... They are not machines, they risk their life every time they go out to race and at this rareified level they are put under maximum pressure.
Report roida March 18, 2016 3:49 PM GMT
acey deucy 18 Mar 16 15:48 
Ablind man could see Breannan was all over the shop before the horse fell,i dont expect the mug's to understand that.

pmsl
Report acey deucy March 18, 2016 3:50 PM GMT
Like i said Ruby would have won a minute on him.
Report dodgydog March 18, 2016 3:51 PM GMT
glad all got up ok after that, he may never mentally recover from that fall, the horse that is..been a shocking festival for fatalities....connections have big decision to make, this horse owes no one anything, retire the bugger as tizzard would say..he's came back from breathing issues fractured pelvis and lots more besides..they can only give so much before they drop..again hope all r ok when the adrenalin wears off..
Report themover March 18, 2016 3:51 PM GMT
acey knows. At least there's still some sense on the forum.
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2016 3:52 PM GMT
Nonsense cricketnut.

He outstayed the second at Kempton and had the third 13 lengths behind.

He could have gone around again when he won at Haydock this year.

All G1s against top class company.
Report roida March 18, 2016 3:52 PM GMT
acey been sniffing glue.

bostik
Report Angela Rebecchi March 18, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
Cue Card wouldn't have won. Cossack has won that on the snaff.
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
Don't be so stupid, he's just got straight up and galloped off, he won't be affected at all, he would have bn the gold cup winner without mug Brennan and clown like you comes on and wants to retire him! Go back to bed, you make me sick.
Report Dr Gonzo March 18, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
it might have been, that he was beginning to tire when he made that final mistake

He was going better than at any point in the race when he came down.
Report acey deucy March 18, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
themover...We Know.Cool
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 3:53 PM GMT
I stand by my original post.
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 3:54 PM GMT
dodgydog, I was meaning
Report Steamship March 18, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
Can we just say it looks like it would have been a good battle between the two we have been robbed of it twice. Roll on King George
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
AP making poor excuses. No shock there.
Report TipsyMouse March 18, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
Such a shame he fell and didn't get round, crowd wanted a proper race and flat after the fall, a total anti-climax of a race to a great weeks racing. Hopefully Coneygree can come back next year and a decent gold cup.
Report yeast March 18, 2016 3:57 PM GMT
Horse was on the bridle when it fell. Anyone saying it wouldn't have stayed is an idiot. The most annoying thing was that Paddy was in and out all race to avoid being behind Djakadam. When he finally get's the horse some light it decks. Gutted.
Report dodgydog March 18, 2016 3:59 PM GMT
doorman99
clown like you comes on and wants to retire him! Go back to bed, you make me sick.

the horse mentally may not recover from a fall like that, only time will tell, unlike u I wont lower myself to ur standard of abuse and pocket talk, retiring the horse will b discussed have no doubts.
Report smartie3 March 18, 2016 3:59 PM GMT
feel sorry for connections. Not been a good few months for them
Report Racingqueen March 18, 2016 4:01 PM GMT
i backed him and have no complaints. If a horse doesn't take off, no one can do anything about it.
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 4:02 PM GMT
Of course it won't be discussed, there is nothing wrong with him, Colin just said that as well in case you weren't watching, Who mentioned any bet?
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 4:03 PM GMT
feel sorry for connections

Call me cynical but I feel sorry for the punters. Horse was going into cruise control when 'fell'..
Report Invisible Layer March 18, 2016 4:03 PM GMT
Not sure whats worse, this forum or twatter?

@TomConnally_  21m21 minutes ago
Really poor jockeying from paddy Brennan there! Cue card had it in the bag if he jumped that fence! #CheltenhamFestival #GoldCup

@olias39
Paddy Brennan totally at fault there asking #CueCard for much too long a jump. Cue all the commentators too scared to criticise him
Report Dr Crippen March 18, 2016 4:03 PM GMT
He'll probably be going to Aintree, and who'd back against him there?
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 4:04 PM GMT
The truth always hurts (and upsets the weak)
Report roida March 18, 2016 4:05 PM GMT
just shows how many clowns there is about..brennan never moved a muscle

pocket talk at its finest.
Report CheltenhamRoar March 18, 2016 4:06 PM GMT
The horse wasn't asked and simply didn't take off, ran through the thing ffs
Shoddy round of jumping though jumped like a crab all the way
Report Facts March 18, 2016 4:07 PM GMT

Invisible Layer    18 Mar 16 16:03 
Not sure whats worse, this forum or twatter?

There's plenty of tw@ts on this Forum that's for sure.
Report Facts March 18, 2016 4:08 PM GMT
Cue Card put in an extra step and accordingly hadn't the angle to get over the fence. Wasn't jockeys fault imo.
Report dodgydog March 18, 2016 4:09 PM GMT
doorman99
Of course it won't be discussed, there is nothing wrong with him, Colin just said that as well in case you weren't watching, Who mentioned any bet?

Colin just said he seems ok, 2morr could be different, but sure ur the expert on horse physically and mentally..the last thing this owner wants after the few months they've had is to lose this horse..why risk it, they had the chance of a huge pay day, that will never come around again..only time will tell..personally I would retire the horse..he's done enough..
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 4:10 PM GMT
Shoddy round of jumping though jumped like a crab all the way

And yet, it was about to lead....cruising..
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 4:11 PM GMT
Rubbish, I absolutely guarantee he will not be retired and will be back for the same rounnd of events nxt yr.
Report doorman99 March 18, 2016 4:12 PM GMT
yes stewerty he was....
Report dodgydog March 18, 2016 4:33 PM GMT
doorman99
I have no doubt that this fall will leave a huge impression on the mind of CC..he's never bn on the floor in his life except to sleep..every fall leaves its mark.. to a horse falling over is as close to death as they get..it wakes them up esp the smart ones..he's pretty smart in my book to work it out for himself..
Report Steamship March 18, 2016 4:38 PM GMT
Come on doggydog Kauto took an horrendous fall in the GC and he went on to win more races. I'm sure the team will do whats right for the horse and that may mean calling it a day for the season and heading to Haydock again.
Report ReaseHeath March 18, 2016 4:39 PM GMT
Don't see why they should n't run him at Aintree in the 3 mile chase there as long as he's OK physically, he actually won't have had a hard race there as the first two.
Report dodgydog March 18, 2016 5:07 PM GMT
Steamship
they all react differently, cant compare KS to CC mentally..impossible..he'll b 11 next yr..this was a bad looking fall, Brennan was lucky to walk away too..i wouldn't blame him for that fall, horse didn't come up for him..mayb horse and jockey will never recover..time catches up with everyone..of course Kauto was retired and died from a suspected fall..who knows..sometimes whats best for a horse can be the wrong thing..
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 8:38 PM GMT
Having watched the race another three times I'm sure of the following....

I'm convinced if the horse hadn't fallen I'm 80% sure it would have won.

I'm also convinced if the beast hadn't taken a fall I'm 95% sure it would have won or finished second at worst.
Report EVILROYSLADE March 18, 2016 8:45 PM GMT
Would certainly have been a very interesting run to the line. My opinion? Don Cossack was still half asleep and would have won anyway.
Report stewarty b March 18, 2016 8:51 PM GMT
That's the thing ROY, it's all about opinions.
Report stewarty b March 19, 2016 3:01 PM GMT
By James Burn 11:33AM 19 MAR 2016

CUE CARD'S crashing fall in the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup on Friday is something Paddy Brennan will probably never get over, the jockey revealed on Saturday.

The Colin Tizzard-trained ten-year-old, who runs in the colours of Jean Bishop, fell three out when in contention with winner Don Cossack and runner-up Djakadam, missing out on a £1 million bonus from Jockey Club Racecourses after wins in the Betfair Chase and King George VI Chase this term.

Brennan, who congratulated Don Cossack's connections on their triumph, stopped short of saying Cue Card would have won, but did feel the popular chaser was warming to his challenge.

"He was only getting going and I was confident he'd get the trip," said Brennan, who won the Gold Cup on Imperial Commander six years ago.

"I felt if I had gotten over the fence I'd be able to sit and wait around the bend and gone on to win.

"Who knows if he'd would've - it was three out - but what I do know is when I jumped into that gap in between Don Cossack and Djakadam I felt I was on a very fresh horse."

'Hardest thing I've been through'

Brennan, who said he had spoken to Tizzard's son Joe on Friday night and learned Cue Card was fine, added: "It's the hardest thing I've had to put myself through for sure. I'm probably more disappointed for Colin and Jean and her late husband Bob than I am for myself. I've been lucky enough to win a Gold Cup and yesterday I thought we had the horse.

"Everything was going to plan and we ended up on the ground. It's probably something I'll never get over, but I'm racing again at Kempton today and I'm a firm believer you've got to move forward."

No mention of the fact he should take some of the blame...
Report roida March 19, 2016 3:20 PM GMT
stewy shaddap man its hypothetical and history.
Report dodgydog March 19, 2016 3:25 PM GMT
mayb horse and jockey will never recover

got one part right at least..
Report Makybe_Diva March 19, 2016 3:31 PM GMT
That's good to hear.

Colin Tizzard's daughter has just said that Cue Card trotted out sound this morning with his ears pricked and has eaten up Love
Report FELTFAIR March 19, 2016 4:07 PM GMT
Rule 1.

Jump horses put down at fences

Rule 2.

The best jockeys in the world can`t change Rule 1.
Report stewarty b March 19, 2016 4:25 PM GMT
Christ, you couldn't make it up for the Tizzards..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com