Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Colldogg
15 Mar 16 21:24
| Topic/replies: 981 | Blogger: Colldogg's blog
I think that whoever was responsible for jocking Will off Ballyalton today was a snake. Will finished 2nd on the horse in the Neptune behind the mighty Faugheen remember, how short memories Ian Williams and the Westwood's have. It's even more disgusting when Will had the option to race either Royale Knight for Dr Newland in last year's national which was a 33/1 shot or Indian Castle which was a 100/1 shot for Williams. Ian Williams took the option away from Will and forced him to ride Indian Castle, therefore forfeiting place money on Royale Knight (Who came 6th in the National).

Whether people rate Will as a jockey or they don't, I just think it's a very shoddy way to treat people and shows that loyalty in racing is only used when it suits certain individuals.
Show More
Report Colldogg March 15, 2016 8:25 PM GMT
Sorry, it was Super Duty in the Grand national for the same connections.
Report Deltâ March 15, 2016 8:31 PM GMT
jocked off the ill fated The Govaness today too ...
Report Colldogg March 15, 2016 8:41 PM GMT
That one surprises me less as I didn't really get why they took the horse from Fergal O'Brien's yard in the first place so maybe they are trigger happy owners anyway looking for people to blame. It's very bad form from Williams though given how loyal Will has been to him in the last couple of years.
Report brendrew March 15, 2016 8:45 PM GMT
do you have inside knowledge?

why post this-i guess  that's racing.

all jockeys will feel that they have been stitched up by an owner/trainer -they forge alliances,they come and go-get on  a roll+hopefully get a retainer but nothing is certain.
Report Colldogg March 15, 2016 9:02 PM GMT
Brendrew, I know for a fact that Will wanted to ride Royale Knight in last year's national and Ian Williams kicked off about it and so Will had to go back to Dr Newland and say he couldn't ride Royale Knight hence Brendan Powell getting the ride. I don't have a problem if trainers choose to use other jockeys etc, but in any walk of life loyalty should be rewarded both ways. The fact that Will went and rode Super Duty for Williams who was a no hoper last season giving up a better chance on Royale Knight, then it's very poor from Williams to then pick and choose when he uses Will himself at the big meetings when he has more jockey options at Cheltenham. I don't remember Dicky Johnson or Brian Hughes wanting to ride Super Duty in the national last year...
Report Cork Langer March 15, 2016 9:29 PM GMT
Think you are being a little harsh with your damnation of owner/trainer in this instance colldogg, WK ridden the horse 4/13, so can hardly be deemed to be his ride, can it...?
Were you inclined to comment when AP took the ride from him, not to my knowledge, so why the need to attempt to make an issue of it now...?
WK has known where he stands in the pecking order throughout his time associated with the Williams yard and more often than not is always going to have to step aside when a runner has a live chance at one of the big meetings. I would suggest that you are more outraged by this than WK is himself, he isn't the first and certainly won't be the last jockey to be replaced for someone with a higher profile.
Report Crewebish March 15, 2016 10:18 PM GMT
You seem to be forgetting Will was dropped by Newland off The Govanes, for Richard Johnson, and he wasn't due to ride Band of Blood either
Report Colldogg March 15, 2016 10:19 PM GMT
Cork, your missing the point. I know jockeys come and go for the smaller yards and the smaller yards generally use the best available. However, Williams kicked up a fuss about the National when he must have known Super Duty had little chance in the National. He basically held Will over a barrel when it came to last year's grand national because Dr Newland hasn't got the number of horses to keep Will going throughout the year. Why force Will Kennedy to take the ride on Super Duty if you are then going to screw him over at a later date? It's shocking. For what it's worth, I think their is a lot of anger from one side about this situation.
Report Cork Langer March 15, 2016 10:31 PM GMT
There is no point to be missed colldogg, you are expressing your view which you are more than entitled to do, but that is all it is, a view, there is no audible substance to it to my knowledge and WK is in the same position as any other person who is employed by another, there to do what they are or are not asked to do.
Report wondersobright March 16, 2016 11:20 AM GMT
didn't ride the horse either of the previous 2 runs?????? not his ride anymore by the look of it

I'm only guessing but I suspect williams and newland have had their noses put out of joint by WK riding in the north more frequently for donald etc...jockeys cant be in 2 places at once and you cant keep everybody happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com