Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Celtic Son
05 Mar 16 17:13
| Topic/replies: 1,897 | Blogger: Celtic Son's blog
You got to be kidding me
Show More
Report TheVis March 5, 2016 5:14 PM GMT
Obviously being kept for a bigger target.........
Report Greg_Gory March 5, 2016 5:14 PM GMT
Cry
Report nuthouse March 5, 2016 5:14 PM GMT
shocking ride
Report Greg_Gory March 5, 2016 5:14 PM GMT
fckn joke
Report 11kv March 5, 2016 5:16 PM GMT
Bit naughty, horse was visibly restrained before the last couple of fences could have won on the snaff   

{Didn't bet it}
Report Celtic Son March 5, 2016 5:16 PM GMT
The whole way on the final circuit I was trying to work out in my head why he refused to get close.
Report patsyhall March 5, 2016 5:16 PM GMT
He has been ridden like that all the time
Report Arklearkle March 5, 2016 5:18 PM GMT
He was much closer to the pace today than in all his other races. Have a look at the first year he won the Foxhunters at Cheltenham
Report dave d March 5, 2016 5:19 PM GMT
shocker !! didn't have a financial interest but that was blatant ....SadCry
Report patsyhall March 5, 2016 5:21 PM GMT
Well said arklearkle
Report patsyhall March 5, 2016 5:25 PM GMT
Don't bet or watch it then
Report 11kv March 5, 2016 5:26 PM GMT
Always ridden off the pace but held when it could have closed up and won easily......
Report Celtic Son March 5, 2016 5:30 PM GMT
Who cares if its always held up, why would you give a Willie Mullins trained horse such a start as the race starts in earnest? It stays 3m2f so was hardly likely to stop if it hit the front was it. It was in front way out last time.
Report dave d March 5, 2016 5:37 PM GMT
undefensible i.m.o....wasn't involved but watching for the future and no matter how you try and wrap that up it was a shocker !!!!
Report everton1978 March 5, 2016 5:47 PM GMT
No financial interest for me but come on, that was pretty blatant. I don't think winning was the priority there
Report patsyhall March 5, 2016 5:50 PM GMT
So what race is he going for if he wAs stopped today
Report playthegameboy March 5, 2016 5:54 PM GMT
Aintree Foxhunters
Report punchestown March 5, 2016 6:13 PM GMT
Best horse won.
Report flushgordon1 March 5, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Time was a minute and a half above standard -best horse certainly did not win.
Report broadsword March 5, 2016 7:24 PM GMT
pocket talkers united
Report EVILROYSLADE March 5, 2016 10:09 PM GMT
Just watched the race. Travelled well for sure but, IMO wouldn't have beaten the winner today.  I think the way it moved throughout the race has rather given the impression it could win as it wanted. There are lots of bridle horses, Salsify was one of those today.
Report sickoflayinwinners March 5, 2016 10:23 PM GMT
salsify is not a bridle horse that fails to find tho as his cheltenham fox hunters and other hunter chase wins tells you, he's  generally held up but won last  time when jumping to the front 2 out.obviously todays waiting tactics were over done a bit but he looked likely to win at the second last and wasn't closing on the run in. i think the riders decision to let the experienced  winning rider  plenty of rope early wasn't very clever but not sure if ridden closer it deffo would have won.
Report markwin March 5, 2016 10:41 PM GMT
nothing wrong with the horse the ride or the jockey ,beaten by a better horse on the day .
Report brendrew March 6, 2016 9:07 AM GMT
peach of a ride by the winning jockey.2nd caught out.
Report punchestown March 6, 2016 10:33 AM GMT
Runner up pulled too hard today and dived at a couple today but was  a spent force between the last 2 fences and whilst has won on testing ground I think is a better horse when it's not bottomless,winner had good form in better class races when it ran under rules.

I'd no bet in the race.
Report warringtonwire March 6, 2016 1:20 PM GMT
I thought it was a reasonably well timed challenge but the horse just didn't find enough against a slightly unknown quantity.
Report Celtic Son March 6, 2016 4:07 PM GMT
I don't understand any of the logic of you saying nothing wrong with the ride. He's won three times in heavy and stays 3m2f. The jockey had every chance to go upsides the winner at least two fences from home so given the fact the horse stays well, why would you give a Mullins horse an advantage and thus never give yourself a chance of throwing down a proper challenge? He led miles from home on his previous run so there is no issue whatsoever with him being in front. Nothing more stupid in horse racing than a jockey travelling strongly in the closing stages and not putting a confirmed stayer at least upsides or on the tail of the leader.
Report roida March 6, 2016 9:41 PM GMT
EVILROYSLADE    05 Mar 16 22:09 
Just watched the race. Travelled well for sure but, IMO wouldn't have beaten the winner today.  I think the way it moved throughout the race has rather given the impression it could win as it wanted. There are lots of bridle horses, Salsify was one of those today.

always amazes me the crap people write on here...just re watched and roy sums it perfectly..anything else is purely pocket talk.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com