Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
17 Feb 16 15:36
| Topic/replies: 498 | Blogger: Paul Haigh - Total Respect's blog
Apologies for starting a new thread and not posting on the original one, which I'm not able to post on for some reason, but Betfred have finally caved in and settled the Harry Kane Double Delight bet in full, following several weeks of refusing to do so.

It just goes to show that they are hoping that people will not pursue such cases, and that if you know your rights and are determined not to accept their disgraceful decisions, that you can defeat them.

I'm a little disappointed to be honest, as I want them to allow one of these cases to be heard in a court of law, and they keep changing their minds before we get to that stage. Maybe one day ( though I rather doubt it )

They really are a disgrace to the bookmaking industry, and should be avoided at all costs, in my opinion.

Original thread here: ( They had my original posting deleted, but someone kindly reposted it further down the thread )

http://community.betfair.com/horse_racing/go/thread/view/94102/30645673/betfred-trying-to-rip-off-yet-another-customer
Pause Switch to Standard View Betfred defeated once again........
Show More
Report EVILROYSLADE February 17, 2016 3:40 PM GMT
Perseverance pays off! I read the original thread and was flabbergasted at their stance. Trade descriptions act doesn't apply to Baldy. Anyway, RESULT! PHTR.HappyDevilWink
Report IDKW February 17, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
We all know these shysters will cave once presented with Court papers, or the threat of Court.

What I would really like to see tested in Court is the principle as set out in The Gambling Act, ie:

gambling is conducted in a fair and open way

There is nothing fair nor open about the way in which Bookmakers discriminate in favour of one punter over another.
Report ghostlygunner February 17, 2016 4:09 PM GMT
well done paul haigh
Report Rob_The_Bantam February 17, 2016 4:13 PM GMT
Nice one, Paul.  Keep sticking it to Slapfred!
Report Big Boss February 17, 2016 4:13 PM GMT
shud have refused their initial offer of settlement, asked them to add 25% for the inconvenience and distress caused or it will be taken to court.
Report ashleigh February 17, 2016 4:23 PM GMT
well done paul, keep up the good work.
Report Whistlejacket February 17, 2016 4:33 PM GMT
Well done to you Paul Haigh.

BETFRED is a truly disreputable company which conducts it's daily business as rats would do in a sewer.  They make the morals of the Mafia look positively benevolent and holy.

For my part, I refuse to do any business with this filthy company even if they happen to be offering the best odds (highly unlikely) and the more people who refuse to do business with there is the (highly unlikely) possibility it might trigger a change in the culture in that company.  However, with that bald crow in charge that is also highly unlikely!

Well to you though.  It shows what cowards they are, they are not  prepared to stand behind their case in court.
Report Whippin Piccadilly February 17, 2016 4:41 PM GMT
Good work, well done! Betfred really are a vile firm and they should have their bookmaking licence revoked and be forced to sell off the Tote IMO.
As I said at the time, if Kane didn't score the first goal in the game, would the punter have been refunded £300 of his stake? Of course not and they would have simply stole his money, because stealing is what it is and said nothing about it.

This case just highlights how punters need protection and without the OP who would we have to fight the our (punters) corner?
Report s.kenbo February 17, 2016 4:44 PM GMT
Top work again, Paul. Cool
Report Grimsters February 17, 2016 4:47 PM GMT
good man paul
Report luckyme February 17, 2016 4:52 PM GMT
yes very well done Paul.
Report prepared83 February 17, 2016 4:55 PM GMT
Good work paul
Report Whistlejacket February 17, 2016 5:11 PM GMT
BETFRED'S licence for the Tote comes up for renewal 2018.
We should all ensure - to the best of each person's ability - that this God awful company does not retain or regain that licence.  The original decision was a travesty and merely illustrated how spineless politicians are once £££'s are dangled beneath their nostrils. 

For anyone who reads this, we can all play a small part - PETITION YOUR MP(they can do some real work for a change)and ask him/her to take up the matter with the Secretary of State for Sport & Culture.
Report RBoyd86 February 17, 2016 5:35 PM GMT
well done paul major respect for what you do
Report halcyon days February 17, 2016 8:39 PM GMT
Great work Paul, very well done !
Report Eeternaloptimist February 17, 2016 8:43 PM GMT
Good news. Keep slapping his big bald head.
Report Big Boss February 17, 2016 8:57 PM GMT
Good news. Keep slapping his big bald head.

Paul is the Benny Hill of the betting world Laugh
Report Lee Ho Fooks February 17, 2016 9:07 PM GMT
and Baldy is the Jack WrightLaugh
Report The Phoenix Club February 17, 2016 9:24 PM GMT
Excellent read. Congratulations also. I posted last week about taking this rancid firm to Ibas, they really are the lowest of the low!
Report insideinfo February 17, 2016 9:28 PM GMT
well done paul!
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 17, 2016 9:30 PM GMT
homefortea sends his regards. !!  Happy
Report the dealer February 17, 2016 9:44 PM GMT
well done again
Report jimmy the turf February 17, 2016 10:18 PM GMT
High street bookmakers really have reached an all time low.... Good on you paul. Spent 3 hours trying to get payed on a Cheltenham multi 4 years ago, no one had a clue and I had to explain race by race where I had won my bet, Pathetic..... I came away for the last time and opened an account here..... I know some bets cannot be meet on bet fair but I would rather go without then enter those places again.....
Report ayr February 17, 2016 10:24 PM GMT
Well done Paul haigh
Report a bitofinterest February 17, 2016 10:30 PM GMT
time for a naked group hug paul Excited
Report terry mccann February 17, 2016 11:42 PM GMT
aaaaaaaaaaah that's so much betterSurprised
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com