Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
geoff m
23 Nov 15 15:51
| Topic/replies: 18,461 | Blogger: geoff m's blog
Was that!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Paul N Obrien WTF
Show More
Report AltyMK November 23, 2015 3:51 PM GMT
unbelievable
Report grayhawk November 23, 2015 3:51 PM GMT
Laugh
Report KENDODDSDADSDOGSDEAD November 23, 2015 3:52 PM GMT
Dara Ó Briain couldve given that a better ride.. looked so good all way round but i laid off a mile out as he looked too far back. Comical.
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 3:53 PM GMT
I appreciate the hoss needs holding up but he should have the book thrown @ him for a blatant non jigger
Report georgebakerfanclub November 23, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
That was unbelievable. He as either hopeless or was following orders, either way he should be given a nice holiday
Report 1830 November 23, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
Poor ride,but he is a conditional jockey.
Report Double Squiggle November 23, 2015 3:55 PM GMT
I had a feeling he may do something stupid having watched him win on it lto. Gave it too much to do then but got up and started punching the air. Up his own backside probably thinking he is Lester over hurdles.
Report Trident November 23, 2015 3:55 PM GMT
I don't usually complain about jocks but......With the stable in terrific form, that was hopeless. Absolutely disgusting ride, I hope RuK pick this up.
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 3:56 PM GMT
He may be a conditional but that wasnt misjudged imo far more sinister.
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 4:14 PM GMT
Given an interesting ride said David ClearyLaugh
Hes a bit more subtle than me . But suppose he still wants to ride on the gravy train express.Laugh
Report RichBoy November 23, 2015 4:15 PM GMT
you could tell what his real meaning was tho, a lot better than ATR who wouldn't of mentioned it at all or done there classic and blamed the horse
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 4:17 PM GMT
Yes Rich Boy he was phrasing it without trying to rock the boat too much , Boycie would have been defending it to the hilt the spineless tw@t that he is.
Report RichBoy November 23, 2015 4:19 PM GMT
lol boycie is awful. Worst of all when it comes to having to talk about a bad ride.
Report The Headmaster November 23, 2015 4:21 PM GMT
The ride given to Take A Break was equally disgusting.  But I suppose that was a 33/1 chance so it's fine.

This seems to be a worrying trend...Jump racing is going the way of the all-weather.
Report GEORGE.B November 23, 2015 4:23 PM GMT
I'm must admit, if I was in Boyce's shoes I'd be reluctant to say anything about any ride after the grief the Dean McKeown saga must have caused him imo.
Report onlooker November 23, 2015 4:25 PM GMT
Last time at Wincanton ...

POLSTAR was a long way off the gallop at one point, but came home really well and picked off the favourite after the last. He´s a capable sort at this level when at his best, and it was a fine ride by Paul O´Brien.
-------------

P O'Brien must have overlooked that it, effectively, had a 10 lb more task  TODAY.

3rd     POLSTAR(FR) 7/2  6-10-11 Harry Whittington 119     Paul N O'Brien6

Held up in last pair, detached in last after 4th, still last and very long way off the pace 3 out, pushed along and 10th 2 out, good headway before last, ridden and ran on well to take 3rd last strides, far too much to do
Report RichBoy November 23, 2015 4:26 PM GMT
Thats the problem people that have stepped out and spoke have been shot down. They've got there families etc to think of but it just makes for sickening tv and a very basic form of communism lol
Report RichBoy November 23, 2015 4:27 PM GMT
wasn't he chasing impulsive american too? A horse who in my opinion and many others id guess doesn't love winning and seems to find ways to get beat
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 4:28 PM GMT
George what happened with Mckeown?
My only recollection was Boycie interviewing him and he came off the fence and really went for the jugular basically calling Mckeown a cheat.

He had been found guilty and bang to rights tho @ that stage.
Report GEORGE.B November 23, 2015 4:33 PM GMT
It went to the high court, Geoff

http://www.5rb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/McKeown-v-Attheraces-Ltd-2011-EWHC-3232-QB.pdf
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 4:36 PM GMT
Cheers George I will take a look @ that
Report GEORGE.B November 23, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
Apologies, did it get to court or did they settle out of court, memory not serving!
Report GEORGE.B November 23, 2015 4:39 PM GMT
Apologies, it was settled out of court

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/McKeown+libel+case+against+At+The+Races+settled+out+of+court.-a0281457634
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 4:44 PM GMT
Ta George

the scary bit @ the end of the out of court settlement

McKeown is now a director of a company operating two children's care homes in Liverpool and Yorkshire, and is looking to further expand his business interests.
Report Wesdag November 23, 2015 5:24 PM GMT
Don't fear, the stewards were on to them. LaughLaughLaugh

The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of POLSTAR (FR), ridden by Paul N O’Brien and
trained by Harry Whittington, which was held up in rear before running on strongly having been asked for
an effort after jumping two out to finish third, beaten some 5¼ lengths. They interviewed the rider and the
trainer. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer who confirmed there were no post-race
abnormalities. The rider stated that his intention was to hold the gelding up and ask for a late effort which
is a tactic previously successfully used when he has ridden the horse in the past. He added that POLSTAR
(FR) was flat out the whole way and that the gelding liked passing tired horses. The trainer stated that the
ride given accorded with his instructions and that the gelding has a preference for faster going and this is
likely to be his last run before a winter break. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the
race the Stewards noted their explanations.
Report pablo-fanque November 23, 2015 5:30 PM GMT
POLSTAR (FR) was flat out the whole way

no it wasn't
Report geoff m November 23, 2015 5:34 PM GMT
POLSTAR (FR) was flat out the whole wayLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Fook me. I dont know how hes got the cheek .
He should be given 30 days for blatantly lying to the stewards 
The ride was disgracefull the lying to cover it up even more so
Report RichBoy November 23, 2015 5:37 PM GMT
LOL flat out all the way lol
Report RichBoy November 23, 2015 5:38 PM GMT
just say it worked last time as i was chasing a dodge pot  gave it the biggun after the line, thought id do the same today, Didn't work, i miss judged the ride
Report pablo-fanque November 23, 2015 5:40 PM GMT
Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the
race
the Stewards noted their explanations.

how comes they did not pull him up on the "flat out all the way" part if they viewed the recordings

do they view recordings after interviewing the jockey , or whilst he is sitting in the room with them .

if it is the latter, they need to employ better stewards .

if it the former, surely they ask the jockey to " wait outside " whilst they view the recordings so they can re-question him about  his evidence

either way it is a shambles
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com