Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Barton Bank
01 Oct 15 16:48
| Topic/replies: 9,534 | Blogger: Barton Bank's blog
Take a bow, son.
That was an exceptional effort in the saddle.
No doubt very pleased with his efforts there.
Show More
Report koikeeper October 1, 2015 5:49 PM BST
I think that would have won with morris on.
Report handtorofe October 1, 2015 5:49 PM BST
Not easy to ride that bad.
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 5:51 PM BST
It would have won with any jockey who wanted to win on it frankly.
Report Roger De Bris October 1, 2015 5:51 PM BST
no effort to get a position...kickback heaven after that.
Report chhh October 1, 2015 5:54 PM BST
HE STOPPED IT PURE AND SIMPLE ..... PROB SH#T HIMSELF WHEN THEY WERE FALLING BACK ON HIM SO HAD TO GIVE IT A FEW EXTRA TUGS....THERE IS A REASON WE DONT SEE THAT PR#CK RIDING FANCIED HORSES MUCH ANYMORE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAVE THEM WITH A TEMPTER
Report chhh October 1, 2015 5:57 PM BST
Its a miracle what happened to Coleman doesnt happen to people like Catlin more often... it would be fully deserved
Report HowTheMightyFall October 1, 2015 5:59 PM BST
chhh a truly vile, rancid individual. surely cannot be allowed to get away with such libelous comments. REPORTED.
Report HowTheMightyFall October 1, 2015 5:59 PM BST
talking through his pockets
Report pandora1963 October 1, 2015 6:02 PM BST
bloody hell, it looks 10 times worse on reply....nice antics down the straight chris!!!
Report chhh October 1, 2015 6:05 PM BST
Well done howhthemightyfall why dont you report Chris Catlin while you were at it........Yes I did my bollocks backing it... I can take that on the chin fair and square if given a fair ride as I do every day but when it is perfectly clear you are lining some rancid little urchins pockets I think you have a right to feel aggreaved...There is no place for rats like him in the sport, generally the game has got a lot cleaner in the last couple of years but horror shows like that remind you of how it used to be.
Report posy October 1, 2015 6:08 PM BST
chhh seems a fair comment in all the circumstances...shouldn't think Catlin would want to sue !

A definite pulled ride in my book.
Report Keefter October 1, 2015 6:10 PM BST
horse will improve for a step up in trip - back it again at 1/2 in a handicap next summer over 2 miles.
Report the dealer October 1, 2015 6:11 PM BST
and what exactly did Coleman do wrong?????
Report johnslad October 1, 2015 6:11 PM BST
HowTheMightyFall 01 Oct 15 17:59 Joined: 03 Feb 15 | Topic/replies: 1,050 | Blogger: HowTheMightyFall's blog
talking through his pockets JIST FINISHED THE DINNER AN SEEN THE REPLAY WTF RACE WERE YE WATCHING OH RIGHT YE HAD A HORSE AT FANCY PRICES IT GOT BEAT GET OVER IT AN AGREE WIT THE TRUTH THAT CHHH POSTED
Report s.kenbo October 1, 2015 6:12 PM BST
Report HowTheMightyFall October 1, 2015 6:17 PM BST
johnslad doing his nuts, finished his beans on toast then realised he had traded in the bulseye he just picked up from the jobcentre on the catlin rag. do one ya sileek...
Report johnslad October 1, 2015 6:23 PM BST
no not true might have had a wee pull off them earlier but didn't do them it was tea/dinner time which was nice and what would be wrong with beans 'n' toast am sure a lot will be eating that tonight ye d!ck
Report Roquebrune October 1, 2015 6:26 PM BST
You're all missing an important point:WHO told him to pull it?
Report Gordon63 October 1, 2015 6:56 PM BST
the bigger surprise is that some on here are surprised! this jock has been on the watch but don't back list for past 5 years, it's amazing that Sir Mark, who comes across as pretty honest albeit a bit arrogant, gives him rides...
Report acey deucy October 1, 2015 7:00 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report JetLoneStar October 1, 2015 7:09 PM BST
Anyone who didnt think that was pulled needs their head testing or are incredibly naive. Catlin went on my list quite a few years ago, thankfully he hasnt got as many rides these days. And no I didn't back it.
Report dan hardcore October 1, 2015 7:16 PM BST
I backed it and can't believe there's even a thread about the ride. Disgraceful comments.
Report sewter lives again October 1, 2015 7:17 PM BST
a horrible ride
Report Roger De Bris October 1, 2015 7:19 PM BST
a thread? There's 6 of 'em....Laugh
Grin
Report dan hardcore October 1, 2015 7:21 PM BST
Yeah i was thinking "this must be good" then realised they were over an hour old and i'd backed it. I just thought it was the horses fault.
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 7:50 PM BST
Anyone who thinks he didn't stop that either knows nothing about racing, or is a certifiable lunatic.
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 7:51 PM BST
Seriously, people think that wasn't hooked! Good god.
Report bigmart October 1, 2015 7:52 PM BST
agree 100% barton they should be warded of for that trainer and jockey !
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 7:53 PM BST
He actually pulls the horse back leaving the stalls and then drags it behind horses in the straight when it is making headway.
Report dan hardcore October 1, 2015 7:58 PM BST
The horse hung left for most of the race, imo.
Report the dealer October 1, 2015 7:58 PM BST
extremely doubtful in this day and age, anyone will ever be warned off mart, based purely on what people saw or thought the saw in that race. there lies the problem unless they have other evidence to the contrary, how do you prove it was nothing more than a pish pour ride
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 8:00 PM BST
Don't believe the horse hung of his own accord, sorry.
If you want to belive that, it is your right to do so and I will agree to disagree.
Report 11kv October 1, 2015 8:03 PM BST
I think Enzo covered this, I'm with Dan ...........
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 8:11 PM BST
I don't even need to listen to what Enzo says to work out the gist of it.
No doubt things just "didn't pan out for him" - that's the usual rubbish trotted out when a horse has been hooked.
Report TheFear October 1, 2015 8:12 PM BST
Enzo would jump off the Eiffel Tower before criticising a ride/jockey.
Report sewter lives again October 1, 2015 8:12 PM BST
it ran pretty straight for Morris when it won
Report 11kv October 1, 2015 8:12 PM BST
Mischief
Report duncan idaho October 1, 2015 8:19 PM BST
Afraid i'm another of the naive ones...agree with dan
Report barstool October 1, 2015 8:22 PM BST
Trainer and Jockey link up again in the 5.10 at Ascot tomorrow, Morris rides another from the yard in the same race. Watch with interest.
Report Stainrod October 1, 2015 8:25 PM BST
I think it was an inept ride rather than a corrupt one.

However, whatever happened to the rule the horses have to run in a straight line for 100 yards? They all dived for the inside as soon as the stall opened!
Report broadsword October 1, 2015 8:29 PM BST
a lot of pocket talk going on here
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 8:29 PM BST
Why did he take a pull just after leaving the stalls?
Why again grab hold of his head after 2f to get him to last position?
Again as they approach the turn around halfway, another tug.
Then pushed along when well and truly in the kickback.
Headway despite going from the inside rail to the widest position well over 1f out.
Then (admittedly with the horse in front hanging towards him) he again half takes a pull inisde the final 1f.
Horse finishes full of running.
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 8:31 PM BST
Pocket talk you say?
Why have several different people started threads on this particular ride?
There are stacks of races every day.
Granted you get some people who will complain every time they back a loser. I would have highlighed this ride as long as I was aware of it whether I had backed it or not.
Report onlooker October 1, 2015 8:32 PM BST
ANALYSIS

Cote D´azur,  8lb well in under his penalty, drifted to the back of the field early on and had plenty of ground to make up turning in.
Brought widest of all off the bend, he tended to hang left under pressure, which hampered his progress, and was always staying on all too late on a day when pace horses dominated.
Report broadsword October 1, 2015 8:32 PM BST
barton joined 31jul 01........shirley on the wind up
Report posy October 1, 2015 8:32 PM BST
i've asked bha to look at ride
Report NOW WE KNOW October 1, 2015 8:32 PM BST
Just seen this, simply awful. Chris Catlin needs investigating at every possible level, even if it proves he has no case to answer.
Report sewter lives again October 1, 2015 8:33 PM BST
I would have been furious if I had backed it
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 8:35 PM BST
Been punting a long time. I doubt I criticise the rides on here of more than 0.1 percent of my bets.
Report the dealer October 1, 2015 8:35 PM BST
good job some on here werent on a jury when hanging was about.
Report NOW WE KNOW October 1, 2015 8:37 PM BST
The horse is lazy so the last thing it needed was the original position it took in the race, and that look to be a decision made by the jockey.
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 8:42 PM BST
Shame some of them weren't working for the BHA when some of the decisions were made about certain jockeys and trainers participation in the sport.
Report Stainrod October 1, 2015 8:50 PM BST
The reason he took a pull out of the stalls is because it was up in trip and it looked like it didn't stay a mile two outings ago.
Report NOW WE KNOW October 1, 2015 8:55 PM BST
Thanks for clearing that one upDevil
Report 11kv October 1, 2015 8:59 PM BST
Catlin not Soumillon
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 9:03 PM BST
Stainrod, are you a professional steward or gunning for a job on ATR.
Didn't stay 1m! Brilliant stuff.
Report chhh October 1, 2015 9:03 PM BST
No one has mentioned the betting granted you get layers of horses like that at those prices but there was huge feeling of 'they know' going on before the stalls opened with that one and as anyone who has half a brain on here can see he did everything possible to give it no chance of winning...even down the straight when they were all dead up front he was giving it an almighty tug .... how anyone can say it was hanging is blind....he is a rat catlin luckily these days gets very few opportunities on short priced horses to give himself and his punters a pay day but tonight he clearly did
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 9:03 PM BST
And on a separate point, anyone who tninks dropping horses out helps them to get the trip is simply wrong.
Report NOW WE KNOW October 1, 2015 9:06 PM BST
Correct BB, the last thing a horse wants.
Report NOW WE KNOW October 1, 2015 9:11 PM BST
Knowing how the BHA work on this sort of ride I suspect Catlin will not be sleeping well tonight. They have a difficult job proving what looked very obvious but they are far more on the case than many on here think. Personally I have emailed them and suggest others who care should do likewise.

Up and down the country there are trainers, staff and owners who act with integrity and work endless hours yet the sport is being dragged into the gutter, most of it on the AW tracks.
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 9:14 PM BST
I wonder what the owner and trainer made of the ride?
Be interesting to see if he is jocked up for them again. Fully realise that Morris would almost certainly have ridden it had he been at the track by the first race but I wonder how they rated Catlin's performance.
Report Dr Crippen October 1, 2015 9:18 PM BST
Up in class.
The horse definitely hung left and ruined any chance it had in the straight.
Hampered as well.

It's hung left before.

Before that it was being ridden early in the straight and wasn't catching them. Then it started to hang.

Hard to put it all down the jockey, he looked to trying to make up the ground on the bend.
Report 11kv October 1, 2015 9:20 PM BST
Anyone just think that Catlin's not cutting it as a race rider,very good work rider though...
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 9:22 PM BST
He used to be a good race rider. Then for some reason over the last few years, numerous seemingly inexpicably poor rides have occurred.
Report sewter lives again October 1, 2015 9:24 PM BST
it hung left before when ridden by the same jockey in it's 3rd run in a maiden
Report posy October 1, 2015 9:48 PM BST
So if at least two of us have raised the matter with the bha they should at least have a look at the race.
Report spider1 October 1, 2015 10:55 PM BST
The guy is a cancer to the sport. No top trainers use him. Betfair punters know to be wary of his drifters. Does anyone now if the BHA looked in to the race or an enquiry was held to the betting patterns
Report pablo-fanque October 1, 2015 11:21 PM BST
horse was slow away , within 10 strides he has a wall of horses in front of him , so he has no where to go but be at the back .

from 3 and a half out catlin is scrubbing away trying to make up ground/keep in touch .

at the home straight he swings wide and the horse starts hanging straight away to its left , you can see catlin has to nearly stop riding to straighten the horse up at least 2/3 times .

do people think :

he didn't try
it was all done on purpose to lose
rubbish ride
Confused

my opinion which is not worth a lot I know, but definitely a trier , just unlucky how the race panned out from the start .
Report Barton Bank October 1, 2015 11:46 PM BST
He wasn't all that slowly away and the rider took an intentional pull early on in the race which is what put him in a poor position.
He took another pull approaching the turn around halfway.
Granted he was scrubbing along after that but only after getting the horse back to last place and right in the kickback.
Then he manages to end up very wide on the turn before the horse runs on.
I don't think he needed to stop riding on more than one occasion in the straight, though he clearly did so anyway.
Report pablo-fanque October 1, 2015 11:58 PM BST
so you think which :

he didn't try
it was all done on purpose to lose
rubbish ride
Report pablo-fanque October 2, 2015 12:03 AM BST
if he wasn't trying , he could easily have stayed out the back behind horses , and then into the straight he has about 7-8 horses which he can intentionally get blocked behind , instead of going wide and trying to get a clear run .

if you watch the replay, he wasn't overly slow away, but as soon as he comes out of the stalls he is pushing for a few strides at which point he is already behind 7-8 horses. what could/should he have done with a wall of horses in front of him ?
Report dan hardcore October 2, 2015 8:05 AM BST
I dond't think he took a pull coming out of the stalls. The horse didnt break as well as he wanted him to, he was a length down on the horse in orange (senza una donna), and with horses coming accross from out wide he had no choice but to sit behind that one. Looked like he tried to track senza una donna from there, but the horse hung to the rail from there and he ended up in last.
Report Marcce October 2, 2015 11:52 AM BST
Can't agree that one was stopped.

I layed it last night because to me the horse has never looked anything less than awkward in every one of it's races so far. Morris had broken well the last twice on it and reined it back which only added to my opinion that the horse is tricky.

Can't see that anybody has mentioned it but the jockey has seemed to try and make a move to the outside after about 200 yards and gives Rateel a nudge in the process. It's after the nudge that he decides that's not the best option and moves to the inside. Seemed to me that he wasn't entirely happy with his position in the first 100 yards and did try and do something about it.

Then all the way up the straight the horse is looking to hang left. Not much he could have done to stop that imo.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com