Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foxy
03 Aug 15 08:11
| Topic/replies: 12,698 | Blogger: foxy's blog
will any of our associations ,frb ,or our leaders ask any questions about the stunt chester racecourse did yesterday or will the course bookmakers just have to take it in the chin ?

what is the legal side of this situation ?
Pause Switch to Standard View chester course enclosure
Show More
Report Johnny_Mustang August 3, 2015 8:13 AM BST
What did they do Foxy?
Report TheNorfolkMafia August 3, 2015 8:22 AM BST
Wouldn't let anybody in!
Report foxy August 3, 2015 8:30 AM BST
jm

they have banned people bringing in booze to the course enclosure but allow it in a picnic area which is fenced of from the course enclosure ,with just two small places of entry,many punters didn't bother entering the enclosure as they didn't need to as chester bet put many outlets in the picnic car park,they then just take 10% of the racecourse bookmakers sp price,no other industry on the planet would stand for it but unfortunately racecourse bookmakers do.
Report SHADDER August 3, 2015 9:06 AM BST
Foxy
Do the Chesterbet outlets display details of any potential payouts or how final dividends will be settled.
Is it not a condition of the Gambling Commission codes of practice that all betting should be fair & open ?
Report foxy August 3, 2015 9:15 AM BST
shadder

they don't display anything they rabbit on all day about all the unique bets you can have with them, they have a form expert who wouldn't know a horse if it rolled over and bit him,i don't even think they display there under 18s policy,and they certainly don't get asked to take there umbrellas down.

also I am told the racecourse bookmakers are not allowed to display the FACT that our sp will always be bigger than theres.
Report SHADDER August 3, 2015 9:19 AM BST
Is this legal?
At least the tote always have monitors with up to date pool information even though the dividends can differ markedly with late money.
Report foxy August 3, 2015 9:41 AM BST
they might display the rough odds shadder but little else,i don't think the frb will do anything they are busy getting us a course for the bookmakers and there staff to be able to tell if somebody is 18 or not at the knock down price of £35 per person, after the huge success of that machine we got to stamp peoples hands when the proved how old they were I didn't think we needed anything else.
Report foxy August 3, 2015 9:46 AM BST
I see the frb don't think it is in there interest  to take up the case of the ascot fiasco.

so the ascot and chester books can just roll over and have there tummies tickled.
Report factmachine August 3, 2015 9:57 AM BST
FOXY,YOU SOUND SURPRISED????? EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF Shocked
Report factmachine August 3, 2015 9:58 AM BST
HAD THIS HAPPENED ON THE RAILS OR 3% A RUNNER LAND NEAR THE PADDOCK THEN OF COURSE SOMETHING WOULD BE DONE!
Report factmachine August 3, 2015 10:04 AM BST
THE PA RAMBLED ON FOR OVER HALF AN HOUR ADVISING THE PUBLIC HOW THEY COULD BE RIPPED OFF BY CHESTERBET,NOT ONCE DID THE RACECOURSE BOOKMAKERS ( WHO HAVE PAID THE LAUGHABLE MARKETING FEE ) GET A MENTION.IT WOULD BE INTERESTING WHAT ODDS CHESTERBET GIVE ON THEIR ODDS AND EVENS SPECIAL 1/2 EACH OF TWO LaughLaughLaughLaugh,DONT EXPECT ANY HELP FROM OUR LEADERS FOXY UNTIL IT IMPACTS ON THEM!
Report allpoints August 3, 2015 2:44 PM BST
foxy
I'm not condoning Chesters latest action but isn't this very similar to what they've done to Tatts.They even put it over the speakers advising & directing punters how to get to the centre of the course.Thus the Tatts ring is deserted & they don't seem bothered about the place.
Report nineiron August 5, 2015 11:09 PM BST
Nice e mail Jason / Ron

Think there was a meeting today ??

If I can assist in anyway

David
Report oldandwise August 6, 2015 5:05 PM BST
There can't be a problem at Chester - the Racing Post reported that the track attracted 30,000 people on Sunday. Must have been good to bet there....
Report adge August 6, 2015 5:26 PM BST
meeting with racecourse management date set before next chester fixture
Report oldandwise August 6, 2015 6:31 PM BST
How do you bet on what will come out of such a meeting, Adge?
Report mug1 August 7, 2015 8:48 AM BST
I'm glad to see a meeting has been arranged because if it isn't taken seriously by the associations they will find its members asking what the point is of being in such an association.
Report 777 August 7, 2015 9:23 AM BST
Unfortunately being in the Association brings very little benefit nowadays When Alfie Bruce stopped being chairman and the industry stood back and let the government push through the useless and unneeded Gambling Commission any leverage the Associations had evaporated as factmachine say's it's every man for himself as the other problem the industry has is Oncourse Bookmakers couldn't stick together if you covered them in velcro and the Racecourses know this hence they will do what they like with you
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com