Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Princes Purple Guitar
06 Jun 15 12:32
| Topic/replies: 3,233 | Blogger: Princes Purple Guitar's blog
on breeding no chance but the way he won lto screams yes...

I think he does the Triple Crown...anyone else have thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View American Pharoah - will he stay?
Show More
Report keynes June 6, 2015 12:50 PM BST
Doubt he will stay (dosage index of 4.3). Hype surrounding this horse is crazy. He scrambled home in the derby and his main adversaries couldnt handle slop in preakness. One thing in his favour is pace; he could get an uncontested lead and his class could bring him home. But hed be a big lay for me
Report Fela Kuti June 6, 2015 1:02 PM BST
It's a lay all day for me. I love it when horses come to the final leg of the triple crown having won the previous two. Always end up short price favourites and lose. Licence to print money IMO.
Report Try My Best June 6, 2015 1:40 PM BST
He looks a really tough horse to me and if he gets a soft lead I don't think they will peg him back
Report Eddie Batt June 6, 2015 1:49 PM BST
In the context of American racing the Belmont is a savage test-I wIll be laying the fav at odds on for as much as I possibly can.
Report ilikewavingatbuses June 6, 2015 1:57 PM BST
if it leads , lay it i-r. (assuming the market goes ir.)
Report Tickite Boo June 6, 2015 3:37 PM BST
Personally i think he'll win by half the track. He's beaten everything in the field already,didn't look to be stopping in either of the first two legs, if his dosage index held up he wouldn't have won the Kentucky Derby so doesn't make sense to use that as a reason he'll get beaten. If he was anything like evens it's a lump on job. You mug layers will be going to bed with your tails between your legs tonight.
Report sidthekid June 6, 2015 4:18 PM BST
Breeding;
http://www.pedigreequery.com/american+pharaoh

Empire Maker - His Grand Sire Won The Belmont Stakes.

Mr Prospector in his Pedigree - This Stallion has been in the Pedigree`s of 15 Belmont Stakes Winners in the past 24 Years.

Secretariat in his Pedigree - A Triple Crown Winner, Set A World Record of 2:24 for 12f on Dirt in winning the Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths.

Exclusive Native in his Pedigree - Sire of AFFIRMED, the 1978 U.S. Triple Crown Winner

Brigadier Gerard in his Pedigree - Won 17 from 18 starts inc King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes 12F.

Northern Dancer - Winner of 14 from 18 inc Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Sire of The Minstrel Triple 12F Winner.
Report basilbrush June 6, 2015 4:22 PM BST
The Pharaoh looks more likely to stay the trip than any of the others in my opinion, none of them appear to be bred to get the 12F. Pharaoh all day long for me on breeding, all the others look suspect stayers on breeding.
Report johnnythebull June 6, 2015 4:22 PM BST
would like to see it win
IF i don't lay it
triple crown winner would be great for racing
Report Johnny_Mustang June 6, 2015 4:25 PM BST
Of course he'll stay. The undisputed leader of his generation and immortality beckons. A true superstar.
Report EastLower Gooner June 6, 2015 4:30 PM BST
None of these were bred with the intention of EVER running in a mile and half race so it shouldnt matter....people shouldn't be too hung up on the stamina issue because you also need a turn of foot to win this race....it's hardly a race for plodders.
Report sidthekid June 6, 2015 4:31 PM BST
Dosage Index - D.i.
Disputed Information - D.i.
Having watched The Tsarevich (By the Sprinter-Mummys Pet) Finish 2nd in the Aintree Grand National 4 Miles 4 Furlongs Fences, and Friendly Fun (By the Champion Sprinter-Be Friendly) Win over 2 Miles of Hurdles, I still have my Doubts about all this D.i.
Report sidthekid June 7, 2015 2:08 AM BST
He stayed longer than the mother-in law LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report unclepuncle June 7, 2015 7:26 AM BST
Just watching it on You Tube - great performance and amazing scenes afterwards.
Report neworder69 June 7, 2015 8:12 AM BST
watched it........bloody great performance
Report Try My Best June 7, 2015 11:31 AM BST
Set his own fractions and not harried on the lead. Foregone conclusion after 100 yards.
Report sidthekid June 7, 2015 5:18 PM BST
Report deadbrain59 June 8, 2015 9:22 AM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com