Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
factmachine
22 May 15 19:55
| Topic/replies: 4,783 | Blogger: factmachine's blog
TODAY  HAYDOCK PARK RACECOURSE PUT ANOTHER NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF TATTS BOOKMAKERS BY ALLOWING THE TATTS PAYING CUSTOM INTO THE COUNTY STAND FOR NO EXTRA COST,A MOVE THAT RESULTED IN A NEAR DESERTED TATTS ENCLOSURE OBSERVING PUNTERS QUEUING TO BET WITH THE RAILS BOOKS,NO WARNING WAS GIVEN TO THE TATTS BOOKS VIA AGT WEBSITE,IT SEEMS HAYDOCK(DEAN MARTIN)TOOK IT ON THEMSELFS TO TRY THIS OUT WITH NO CONSULTATION  WITH THE BOOKMAKERS WHO HAVE HAD THERE BUSINESS DECIMATED,AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS WILL BE THE CASE FOR A FURTHER FOUR MEETINGS.HAVING ALL BUT CLOSED THE SILVER RING IT APPEARS THE NEXT TARGET IS TATTS,ONCE AGAIN THE "FANTASTIC CONTRACTS" WE WERE FORCED TO SIGN DONT SEEM TO OFFER ANY PROTECTION AGAINST THE CLOSURE BY STEALTH OF THESE BETTING RINGS,ONCE AGAIN THIS ONLY HIGHLIGHTS THE GROSS UNFAIRNESS OF THE PRICING SYSTEM WERE THE RAILS(THE NEW TATTS) PAY THE SAME TO BET AS TATTS BOOKS(THE NEW SILVER RING)
Pause Switch to Standard View HAYDOCK PARK TATTS MIDWEEK CONFIRMED...
Show More
Report allpoints May 22, 2015 9:43 PM BST
Facts
He did exactly the same with the Silver ring,only this time he allowed all the Silver ring patrons into Tatts so the Silver ring books hadn't a customer.
Report Racecourse Regular May 22, 2015 9:56 PM BST
Desperate times fact just goes to show the racecourses can and will do as they see fit.. bookmakers are of little regard.. racecourses are a business at the end of the day and if they can save a wage by not having a bloke on the gate between members and tatts then why not
Report cooperman May 23, 2015 1:19 PM BST
Shows extremely bad management (once again) by the Haydock Park supremo's. A little consultation and an explanation of the reasoning behind the decision probably would have helped and allowed Bookmakers to make plans armed with some knowledge of the situation. Disgrace imho.
Report adge May 24, 2015 12:58 AM BST
at least you now know that there are four more days to steer clear of
Report foxy May 24, 2015 6:10 AM BST
things don't look good with jcr racecourses from a racecourse bookmakers point.
Report Big_Issue May 24, 2015 9:19 AM BST
You should just go and pitch up in Tatts, if it's good enough for the punters etc.
Report beatherder12 May 24, 2015 9:23 AM BST
Although I agree racecourses are a business could the marketing fee be once again explained to me? when at a NBPA meeting two years back Steve Clare(I think that's how its spelt)informed us the money would be used to get people into the racecourse which would then be beneficial in getting more people attending the tracks which would then consequently improve business for racecourse bookmakers
Report wasnot May 24, 2015 9:36 AM BST
I'm told there were customers fuming that had paid for County Badges when they found out that the tatts customers were to be allowed in for no extra cost and I don't blame them.  I wonder how the annual members feel about this policy?
Report ribero1 May 24, 2015 10:05 AM BST
A bookie spoke to the guy in charge and he seemed unsurprisingly a bit naïve re the bookmaking situation,he said they had identified these fixtures as poorly attended (less than 2000) and thought it was a good idea to get everyone in one enclosure to engineer a vibrant atmosphere!
When told it had made tatts unworkable he suggested it might be an idea to merge the tatts books into the members as well!!!
Report wasnot May 24, 2015 10:15 AM BST
They have done it at Chepstow ribero1 so there is a precedent.  I don't think the rails bookies who already have the best pitches on the track (if not the country) would agree.
Report ribero1 May 24, 2015 11:19 AM BST
Didn't realise that wasnot re Chepstow,that would put the cat amongst the pigeons!
Report ULUL May 24, 2015 11:29 AM BST
Ribero1,what the racecourses are doing,shouldnt come as a gre
Report ULUL May 24, 2015 11:33 AM BST
Ribero1,what the courses are doing shouldn't come as any great surprise.bearing in mind the talks that took place between 2007 and 2012,
Report jrw May 24, 2015 12:24 PM BST
Whats the dates of the other meetings like this?
Report johnnywilkinson May 24, 2015 1:13 PM BST
DOOOOOOOOMMMMEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Report factmachine May 29, 2015 10:23 PM BST
TO BE CONFIRMED AT THE 10TH OF JUNE BOOKMAKERS MEETING,4 MIDWEEK MEETS WITH AN OPEN RING POLICY,I BELIEVE ONE RAILS BOOKMAKER WROTE TO THE RACECOURSE EXPRESSING HIS SUPPORT!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com