Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ekbalco
10 May 15 17:23
| Topic/replies: 7,167 | Blogger: Ekbalco's blog
The worst case of cheating seen for many a year.

He should be warned off.
Pause Switch to Standard View ABSOLUTELY SCANDALOUS
Show More
Report roida May 10, 2015 5:26 PM BST
how it won?
Report stewarts rise May 10, 2015 5:27 PM BST
Warned off-For winning!
Report roida May 10, 2015 5:28 PM BST
Laugh
Report Ekbalco May 10, 2015 5:28 PM BST
The result is almost immaterial - it was the most blatant attempt not to win since that French or Belgian thing.
Report olddesperado May 10, 2015 5:36 PM BST
Wouldnt be too hard to bring in a catch all rule where when something like that happens ,

The visual evidence
The connected connections
Etc etc.

The turf club are absolutly toothless against the big guns.
Report 11kv May 10, 2015 5:37 PM BST
Couple.
Report roida May 10, 2015 5:38 PM BST
balco talk some sense eh...if it wins its history..loses than an inquiry.
Report Angela Rebecchi May 10, 2015 5:39 PM BST
Totally agree with ebko, intent is all that matters.
Report sparrow May 10, 2015 5:40 PM BST
Must have upset Seamie when they left that big gap up the inside turning into the straight.
Report Cider May 10, 2015 5:41 PM BST
It's humiliating and embarrassing to be honest. If the most powerful team in the game are willing to blatantly cheat and p1ss on the punters like that, there is little hope of the lesser lights playing it straight. The arrogance of it all is beyond belief.
Report 11kv May 10, 2015 5:43 PM BST
Stewards would pull the smaller trainers in though

They rule the roost ................

Money talks etc
Report handtorofe May 10, 2015 5:44 PM BST
Just because he couldnt stop it without jumping off ,should still get done the intent was not to win.
Report warhan May 10, 2015 5:48 PM BST
and bailey green gets beaten off level weights by a horse rated 23lb inferior returned 6/1 (forecast 33/1 in the racing post)why does anyone bet on this filth
Report carrot1960 May 10, 2015 5:50 PM BST
After taking the scenic route
Report Angela Rebecchi May 10, 2015 5:50 PM BST

May 10, 2015 -- 5:48PM, warhan wrote:

and bailey green gets beaten off level weights by a horse rated 23lb inferior returned 6/1 (forecast 33/1 in the racing post)why does anyone bet on this filth

Yup, very bizarre. Game is bent to f00k.

Report roida May 10, 2015 5:51 PM BST
there has never been a ban imposed or a race looked into when a horse has won.
Report elise May 10, 2015 5:53 PM BST
no steve but it doesn't look good and does nothing for the credibility of racing
Report roida May 10, 2015 5:55 PM BST
Indeed..but nothing can or will be done so its history...move on please
Report warhan May 10, 2015 5:55 PM BST
horse that beat bailey green backed from 14/1+ on the racing post website,only won 2 chase starts from 27 and 23lb inferior to fav and funnily enough the only runner to hug the inside rail.irish racing is rancid
Report timeless May 10, 2015 5:59 PM BST

Yup, very bizarre. Game is bent to f00k.

LMFAO, if it all worked to form, we'd all be millionaires Crazy
Report Dave The Rave May 10, 2015 5:59 PM BST
Dreambaby in 1755 ridden round outside rail at rear of field throughout. WhoopsWink
Report Cider May 10, 2015 6:00 PM BST
Intention is everything. Just because they weren't good enough to get away with it, shouldn't mean impunity.
Report Angela Rebecchi May 10, 2015 6:02 PM BST
Going to form and the game being rancid are two different poles timeless.
Report timeless May 10, 2015 6:03 PM BST
I am not suggesting that there is not cheating and also not suggesting that the form never works,

both things happen and it's just our job to work things out !
Report tillymay May 10, 2015 6:03 PM BST
walsh just literally picked my pocket there....that horse was not off and she made sure of it,,,why bloody run it if it was not going to act on the ground,,,,,,not the first time she,s pulled this trick
Report townley May 10, 2015 6:07 PM BST
its pikey racing in general,we do have the option to swerve it,but we dont.
Report tillymay May 10, 2015 6:08 PM BST
thats true...but there is a duty to police it too
Report pablo-fanque May 10, 2015 6:10 PM BST
townley - don't be silly , it's racing in general , not just irish racing
Report townley May 10, 2015 6:13 PM BST
dont be silly,oh ok then.
Report pablo-fanque May 10, 2015 6:13 PM BST
Laugh

i didn't mean to be rude .
Report MJK May 10, 2015 6:32 PM BST
Just proves again to people who refuse to believe that the Coolmore mob bet, that they do.
Report elise May 10, 2015 6:45 PM BST
quote of the day;

Seamie Heffernan said: "They are two nice horses. One is a front-runner and one can't get to the front. I got to the front when I wanted to."
Report GEORGE.B May 10, 2015 8:49 PM BST
Some will recall Hall Of Mirrors against Kingsbarn at the Curragh last season when Shamey seemed to have one of them

Oh f*cking hell I'm in danger of winning against the boss's son moments...
Report Captain Christy May 10, 2015 8:57 PM BST
Haven't seen one that bad since errr Friday at Nottingham
Report tocky junior May 11, 2015 12:06 AM BST
S
Report tocky junior May 11, 2015 12:07 AM BST
Seamie is a genius has won 7 classics....he knew what he was doing....he knows who pays his wages too
Report prepared83 May 11, 2015 12:10 AM BST
Any link to watch this?
Report olddesperado May 11, 2015 12:19 AM BST
Atr, racing post.

Its worth watching , i thought i was seeing things and came on here to post a thread but there was about 10 seperate ones already ,

Really is funny as he sh1ts himself realising he will have to let it win.
Report ima_mazed66 May 11, 2015 12:44 AM BST
I don't see why a jockey can't still be banned despite winning the race as it all depends on the particular circumstances.

If he was trying to stop it going to the front and it pulled him there and won anyway, that doesn't mean he wasn't still trying to stop it, just as if he rode his horse to make sure he only got 2nd at best and then something happened to the leader like it slipped up or pulled up on the run-in or fell at the last when clear if it was an NH race.

Didn't Richard Hills once get a 21-day for winning a race?
Report wildmanfromborneo May 11, 2015 12:54 AM BST
How are the punters being robbed.

Bantry Bay is backed all morning,again heavily backed at Leopardstown.
One thing you can guarantee is all the Leopardstown punters in the stand were howling for that line and hoping Heffernan would duck him behind for a bit longer.

'twas the layers got done.
They are running out of layers on Irish racing,its why Betfair do everything in their power to favour the layer.
Report Magic__Daps May 11, 2015 7:58 AM BST
Seamie Heffernan said: "They are two nice horses. One is a front-runner and one can't get to the front. I got to the front when I wanted to."

Chances of it winning differently in the future? If it does, he should then be pulled in - but the bottom line is it doesn't matter as nothing will get done at all. Another great advert for the sport....
Report EVILROYSLADE May 11, 2015 11:40 AM BST
Just watched the "race". It was either the greatest ride in living memory ( timing wise) or he tried to lose whilst appearing to be trying . Were I the judge in this case I would issue a stark warning to ALL concerned. Even attempt something like this again and you will be banned INDEFINITELY. Barry Brogan once leapt off one that had bolted with him and was sure to win. He had other orders issued prior to the race and thus had no alternative but to vacate the saddle. He admitted this in his book. Seems to me that Heffernan in his attempt to appear to be trying ( NEVER REALLY LOOKING LIKE IT!) was caught out by the horses lunge! Should have won by five if ridden by a straight one.
Report punchestown May 11, 2015 1:10 PM BST
About as bad as you can get,this stable has done this a few times with the jockey mortified by getting up,the King is naked and there for all to see.....
Report the dealer May 11, 2015 1:18 PM BST
so bad that Joseph even fell off after the line in shock. will no doubt be swept under the carpet. who was the guy on here that used to lambaste coolmore at every opportunity?
Report CheltenhamRoar May 11, 2015 1:38 PM BST
Why isn't the replay working on ATR?Just keeps saying buffering but all the other replays are working from the other tracks.
Report posy May 11, 2015 1:46 PM BST
Just watched it ; he wasn't in danger to getting a whip ban for trying too hard.
Report broadsword May 11, 2015 2:29 PM BST
just watched it ..was expecting a clear case of cheating after reading all the fuss
but saw nothing of the kind.
HONESTLY thought he grave it a cracking ride
horse was putting its head up in air...jockey coaxed it and coaxed again to find its stride and run on...if hed given that a crack it may not have run on for him
Report MJK May 11, 2015 2:32 PM BST
ATR looking for a pundit, you should applyExcited
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com