Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bannahan
10 Mar 15 16:30
| Topic/replies: 24,129 | Blogger: bannahan's blog
For me......Not this time.

Horse's legs just didn't get high enough.

Was on a stride.....don't think Ruby asked him to smash through it being so far clear?
Pause Switch to Standard View Was Ruby at fault?
Show More
Report brendrew March 10, 2015 4:31 PM GMT
nope-its jump racing.sht happens.
Report notwhatwho March 10, 2015 4:32 PM GMT
not at all. magnum of dom winging its way to the walsh house from me
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 10, 2015 4:32 PM GMT
no, she just came up out of his hands
Report basilbrush March 10, 2015 4:33 PM GMT
Not sure either way to be honest, but I do hold my breath whenever Ruby presents a certain winner at the last fence....I don't worry about any other jock at the last the way I do about Ruby and that's a fact.
Report Johnyboydarts180 March 10, 2015 4:33 PM GMT
YES it was Rubys fault...he was the pilot doing the driving!
Report never give up March 10, 2015 4:34 PM GMT
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y • March 10, 2015 4:32 PM GMT
no, she just came up out of his hands

then it is rubys fault then if he has no control pf
Report Brother Mouzone March 10, 2015 4:34 PM GMT
Her, shirley!

There's no debate to be had about Ruby imo.
Report roida March 10, 2015 4:35 PM GMT
anyone blaming walsh is pocket talking or either totally clueless

most on here are the latter
Report Johnyboydarts180 March 10, 2015 4:36 PM GMT
12 Angry men agree  GUILTY Ruby   off with his head
Report Johnyboydarts180 March 10, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
if you were driving a car  and crashed  you cant say it was the cars fault!
Report bilbobaggins March 10, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
Especially you roida.
Report casemoney March 10, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
Well tbh it was getting a bit boring Laugh
Report Jezebel March 10, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
Not in the slightest.  Ruby was riding the mare to pop the last, not unreasonable based on how she jumped the last in a couple of her previous races.  She was still tanking, running into the sun and, the more I watch it, the more I think she came up a stride too early because that's where the shadow of the hurdle was lying.
Report Johnyboydarts180 March 10, 2015 4:37 PM GMT
so many idiots on here  ruby was Guilty   end of
Report rewired March 10, 2015 4:38 PM GMT
pocket talk
look it happens
just unlucky-class jockey
Report Johnyboydarts180 March 10, 2015 4:39 PM GMT
Low sun  officer   let me off
Report Jezebel March 10, 2015 4:40 PM GMT
Newsflash: cars aren't sentient.  Horses are.
Report alfee March 10, 2015 4:41 PM GMT
ruby does not always kick into a horse to ask it up,  he send the message with his wrist,  difficult to see, and he controls the speed at approach .
Report Nonaynever March 10, 2015 4:41 PM GMT
The fact someone on here is comparing riding a horse to driving a car shows it's pointless trying to argue a point with some.
Report Jack_Livermore1 March 10, 2015 4:42 PM GMT
I was one of them with the 4 fold on, that fall cost me £1600 from £100 .. Absolutely gutted to say the least but after having 3 cigarettes, a brew and watched the replay numerous times even I can't blame ruby, I blame the low sun shadowing the fence if anything ..
Report MJK March 10, 2015 4:44 PM GMT
I think the horse was just too fresh
Report EastLower Gooner March 10, 2015 4:45 PM GMT
I would say yes...looked to me like he knew the race was over and was content to let her do her thing at the last but she took waaaaaaay too soon. Should've been a little more responsible imo.
Report RBoyd86 March 10, 2015 5:42 PM GMT
she's jumped the shadow of the hurdle, he wanted to pop she's seen the edge of the shadow and jumped out of his hands
Report festivalfanatic March 10, 2015 9:08 PM GMT
| Topic/replies: 3,086 | Blogger: RBoyd86's blog
she's jumped the shadow of the hurdle, he wanted to pop she's seen the edge of the shadow and jumped out of his hands

This is exactly what happened. One of the memorable moments in racing history. We will all remember AP falling at the last long after Douvan and Faugheen. I lost a few quid in consequence but you couldn't write the script. Moment of theatre.
Report Dr Gonzo March 10, 2015 10:58 PM GMT

Can't you tell it's Cheltenham week...
Report Gibberish March 11, 2015 2:47 AM GMT
I felt genuinely gutted for those on the 4-timer and it was like a kick in the balls for me despite not backing Annie Power (I was on Bit Of A Puzzle at 15/1 in the w/o fav market) as all I could hear in my head were the words of Barry Dennis who many years said "God was a bookie" - too fcukin' right! Angry

Just how do these evil bastards get away with it?

FWIW, I think that was such a novicey fall and I'm inclined to blame the mare more than Walsh, so it just has to go down as 'one of those things' which I still think is sickening for those who were bum-raped yesterday Sad

PS - you have to have a philosophical attitude in this game as it'll hurt even more when the mishaps occur...I would've got £13K about 7 years ago if a short-head decision went my way and I couldn't help but see it as 'one of those things' (which I'm fcukin' sick of getting ransacked by) even though the jockey on my horse (Jason Maguire) gave it a superb ride...not superb enough for my liking though Cry

One of my favourite sayings is 'even when you win, you still lose' Cry I should copyright that!
Report Angel Gabrial March 11, 2015 8:28 AM GMT

Yeah the Irish have been released from the cellar! Devil
Report asparagus March 11, 2015 9:45 AM GMT
It clearly wasn't Ruby's fault. However, the question should have been asked by the racing channels and as far as I saw it wasn't. Walsh has always been treated different to Mccoy who is always put under the closest scrutiny when something goes wrong.
Report newmugpunter March 11, 2015 9:54 AM GMT
I will start by saying I had a big treble on the last 3, so obviously very annoyed. But after 40 years watching/betting on racing I think I have an opinion.
I always wondered why people said John Francome and Richard Dunwoody were the best jockeys as they 'Presented' a horse so beautifully at a fence , especially at the business end. Ruby Walsh has always ridden the best horses throughout his career and therefore as he visits the winners enclosure in big races many times people assume he is brilliant. But can you imagine Francome,Dunwoody, Jonjo and obviously McCoy riding these great animals.
I now know why the old gurus used to say PRESENTED AT A FENCE, they concentrated and focused 100% on the job in hand, getting a certainty over the last few fences when the going got tough. How many times have you seen Ruby Walsh plough through the last 2 fences on great horses , Kauto Star, Master Minded to name 2 big ones, but there are plenty where he cocked up because he DIDNT present the horse correctly at the fences, he was busy getting his salute ready , trying to make it look easy.
How many times has he had to be interviewed to explain what happened and he stands there aggressive and making excuses , he was the manager yesterday , he dictates how Annie Power comes to the hurdle and he should have concentrated and got it over , McCoy would have , Dunwoody would have , Francome would have and millions more , he just needed to fiddle it , a small mistake wouldn't have mattered , but what you don't want is a big show stopping exhibition.
So the answer for me is YES RUBY WAS TO BLAME.
Report denathorn March 11, 2015 9:59 AM GMT
I'm pocket talking here, big time, so, was he at fault, NO

The mare had never fallen before, jumps well and is quite athletic, it was a championship race, the eventual winner ran down Quevega last time and gave her a fright, it's never over and considering how steady they went it was full speed down to the last. Sometimes you just have to trust the horse to see the stride, she did, but she saw the shadow instead. She was only 3 lengths up, with the hill to climb, a slow jump would have put that gritty SOB Glens melody right back in it, also Annie was having her first run for a while so you cannot let them back in. Yes the jockey does the steering but he also has to give the horse the best chance, and on all known previous form, jumping ability, he had to let her do her thing. She just got unlucky with the shadow. End of story.
Report Cider March 11, 2015 9:59 AM GMT
40 years, and you think he asked for a big one Confused
Report newmugpunter March 11, 2015 10:15 AM GMT
Jumped a shadow my Ar*e, how the h*ll did the other horses get over the hurdle!!!
Denathorn the horse was cruising in 2nd gear 3-4 lengths clear and stays a lot further and would not be affected by the hill. The eventual winner only just scrapped home so what threat would he have been , NONE. AP would have won by 10 lengths.
Cider I didn't mention BIG ONE, my point was that he didn't present the horse at the last hurdle , the horse hadn't had a race so in no way was tired and it wasn't inexperienced, Walsh didn't do his job. Maybe you have excuses for the other great horses he cocked up on!!!
Report elise March 11, 2015 10:20 AM GMT

hole in one
Report saddo March 11, 2015 10:36 AM GMT
One faller and the post mortems go on and on and on  Laugh
Report bannahan March 11, 2015 10:38 AM GMT
The forum would have blown up if he had fallen on another aswell Shocked
Report elise March 11, 2015 10:39 AM GMT
he might yet
Report bannahan March 11, 2015 10:40 AM GMT
...as in one of his "other 3" yesterday
Report saddo March 11, 2015 10:42 AM GMT
Never seen such hysteria, a lot of jumping fans shouldn't be if it has that effect.
Report Hound-Dog-2 March 11, 2015 11:36 AM GMT
"Jumped a shadow my Ar*e, how the h*ll did the other horses get over the hurdle!!!"

Looking at it from this angle pretty sure she did jump that shadow.

Report mikeeboy March 11, 2015 11:43 AM GMT
Hurdle should have been bypassed for low sun Cool
Report ihal essex March 11, 2015 12:10 PM GMT
Why did Ruby allow Annie to accelerate into the last when the race was already won?

Sadly, IMO, Ruby had a momentary rush of blood, going for the spectacular when a safety-first fiddle was all that was needed.

I'm a Ruby fan and up to that fateful error he had been magnificent on Annie and absolutely peerless on  his three winners.

Hope we don't let it spoil what was the most atmospheric day's racing (Flat included) ever!
Report Jezebel March 11, 2015 12:12 PM GMT
Watching the replay on the ML this morning, it was 100% clear both AP and GM jumped the shadow; the difference was AP jumped it long and low and clipped the top with her forelegs, while GM got a little bit higher and caught it with her hindlegs which wasn't enough to bring her down too.
Report maelduin March 11, 2015 12:21 PM GMT
"Why did Ruby allow Annie to accelerate into the last when the race was already won?"

It's called "putting the race to bed". I'd rather a jockey do what he did then a show-boater like Carberry who would have been having a chat with Townsend on the way to the last and possibly plowed through it and get beaten. Seen it happen so many times to jockeys. Ruby and AP always kick on before the last and that's one of the reasons they're the best at what they do.
Report Brother Mouzone March 11, 2015 12:54 PM GMT
Hound-Dog, move those essential oil sticks from in front of yer tele bruv.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com