Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BlazingWalker
11 Sep 14 15:43
| Topic/replies: 1,116 | Blogger: BlazingWalker's blog
Heading in the same direction as Henry rix more bets than ever more losers than ever.
Pause Switch to Standard View Tom segal past his best
Show More
Report BlazingWalker September 11, 2014 3:44 PM BST
Not worth the effort anymore.
Report china castle September 11, 2014 3:47 PM BST
Shocked to see how much significance he puts on the Jockey when making his picks
Report stewarts rise September 11, 2014 3:51 PM BST
When trawlers follow the segal its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
Report Roger De Bris September 11, 2014 3:51 PM BST
silk boxer shorts.
Report Agadolphin September 11, 2014 3:55 PM BST
Don't mind him as such but he did come out with-Jamie Spencer world class/best jockey riding b0llocks one time.
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD September 11, 2014 3:59 PM BST
Gone downhill ever since Ladbrokes became his paymasters strange that . . . . . . .
Report BlazingWalker September 13, 2014 5:04 PM BST
He is so crap this year.
Report millhouse September 13, 2014 5:14 PM BST
Another pied piper will come along soon, imo...
Report jmdc September 13, 2014 5:16 PM BST
As soon as he tips another 20/1 winner (with boils) you boys will be licking Sir Tom's ar se again.
Report fred hutsby September 13, 2014 11:23 PM BST
If I was as good as him I would back my own choices  and get the best prices, put the 2nd choice ones in the daily rag and collect a wage as well .... always back your own judgement  my friends - then win, lose or draw there is no one else to blame .....apart from the odd bad ride now and again :}
Report HorseBurger1989 September 13, 2014 11:33 PM BST
Fred is spot on. Segal is wa nk but he's paid to be wa nk, he did well early on but like anyone on TV/Radio etc who does well and shows big profits the bookies got hold of him, its inevitable that they would, and lets face it if the bookies want to take you on their gravy train you ain't going to say no.
Report thegiggilo September 13, 2014 11:51 PM BST
If he was any good he wouldn't be known and wouldn't be working for the post so certainly isn't good enough to bet for a living,i doubt any of these media tipsters make any sort of living from betting not clever or skilled enough just good enough to bluff average punters..
Report GEORGE.B September 13, 2014 11:54 PM BST
'Bookmakers' can, imo, be compared to a Mafia-like organisation which gradually exerts total control over an industry, and controls anyone who potentially has a 'voice' by getting them on the payroll.

You never bite the hand that feeds, eh?
Report HorseBurger1989 September 14, 2014 12:02 AM BST
We all know it takes more than just racing knowledge to make a living.. the two things that will destroy anyone is lack of 'patience' and 'discipline', no matter how good you are if you lack those two quality's then you are going to struggle. lose £200 on a race and lose your head, you lose the lot.
Report thegiggilo September 14, 2014 12:39 AM BST
Picking winners is hard as these tipsters always come undone eventually..
Report Big Boss September 14, 2014 2:56 AM BST
it is no coincidence that Seagull went downhill just after he starting to slurp at the Ladbrokes gravy trough.
Report Facts September 14, 2014 7:35 AM BST
HorseBurger1989     14 Sep 14 00:02 
We all know it takes more than just racing knowledge to make a living.. the two things that will destroy anyone is lack of 'patience' and 'discipline', no matter how good you are if you lack those two quality's then you are going to struggle. lose £200 on a race and lose your head, you lose the lot.

Unbelievably, ( again) I absolutely agree with you LaughLaugh
Report Facts September 14, 2014 7:36 AM BST
thegiggilo     13 Sep 14 23:51 
If he was any good he wouldn't be known and wouldn't be working for the post so certainly isn't good enough to bet for a living,i doubt any of these media tipsters make any sort of living from betting not clever or skilled enough just good enough to bluff average punters..

Spot on
Report Greg_Gory September 14, 2014 7:53 AM BST
Facts     14 Sep 14 07:35 
HorseBurger1989     14 Sep 14 00:02 

Unbelievably, ( again) I absolutely agree with you LaughLaugh

Facts you laughing from experience mate Laugh
Report Greg_Gory September 14, 2014 7:54 AM BST
thegiggilo knows his stuff Wink
Report Greg_Gory September 14, 2014 7:55 AM BST
How did the tippers do yesterday  Shocked

http://oaklandcastleracing.co.uk/tips-jar/
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD September 14, 2014 8:22 AM BST
fred hutsby
13 Sep 14 23:23
| Topic/replies: 260 | Blogger: fred hutsby's blog
If I was as good as him I would back my own choices  and get the best prices, put the 2nd choice ones in the daily rag and collect a wage as well .... always back your own judgement  my friends - then win, lose or draw there is no one else to blame .....apart from the odd bad ride now and again :}

Cant agree with that Fred not all of it anyway . . .There are certain guys whos form reading and judgement i trust and i follow those blidly. . Top right corner tells me im doing the right thing.

Of cause i back my own judgement as well, but there are some clued up fookers on here you just have to sieve through the shyteHappy
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD September 14, 2014 8:24 AM BST
Me and big boss knowCool
Report Greg_Gory September 14, 2014 8:59 AM BST
sieve through the shyte  Laugh
Report Facts September 14, 2014 9:06 AM BST
Greg_Gory     14 Sep 14 07:53 
Facts     14 Sep 14 07:35 
HorseBurger1989     14 Sep 14 00:02 

Unbelievably, ( again) I absolutely agree with you

Facts you laughing from experience mate

No, I'm laughing because I've agreed with the ( normally) loon, HB !
Report TheNorfolkMafia September 14, 2014 9:07 AM BST
For consistency it has to be Skinto!

96 losers on the trot!

Let's face it, you can't be more consistent than that!

Laugh
Report Fela Kuti September 14, 2014 9:07 AM BST

Sep 11, 2014 -- 3:51PM, stewarts rise wrote:

When trawlers follow the segal its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Laugh

Report Facts September 14, 2014 9:15 AM BST
G_G

I learnt a long time ago that patience and discipline were two strategies that were required for profitable betting. It doesn't suit many , but I now bet only on certain races ( always Handicaps-and usually C1 or 2 ) mostly at Grade 1 racecourses. And, the majority of the time if there are more than one qualifying race in a day, I narrow it down to just one bet ( single ,level stake win ).  The other essential element is to have a racing bank that is at least 50 times your level stake. This ensures a comfortable buffer against the inevitable long losing runs.
As I say, this methodology won't suit many. But it's one that now suits me.
Report Breedingmad September 14, 2014 9:17 AM BST
At least you know what chance you have with Skinto...No chance..Laugh
Report degsy42 September 14, 2014 9:33 AM BST
was there any pricewise winners yesterday
Report Breedingmad September 14, 2014 9:36 AM BST
Zero
Report degsy42 September 14, 2014 9:42 AM BST
stopped following his selections a while back , good job
Report Ramruma September 14, 2014 10:40 AM BST
One interesting question is why former top tipsterers like Rix, Segal (and PW-predecessor Collier from what I read on here) are now out with the washing. What's changed?

Or since quite a lot of things have changed, what has changed that made a difference?

False ground caused by obsession with watering? Thus making it harder to determine what a horse's real preference is.

Changes to the programme or handicapping practice, so there are no longer unexposed runners in big handicaps? BHA Handicapping chief said a few years back about Cheltenham that even to qualify for the races, a horse must have had at least one run with the handbrake off. The days when you'd scan autumn meetings for one of Luca's that had been off since the spring to protect its mark are gone.

Jockeyship is less of a factor? Former top pilots like Fallon and Frankie are way past their best but have not been replaced.

Fixing the old draw biases so you can no longer look for the one who finished 8th but "won" on the wrong side?

Everyone can watch videos?

Racing Post ratings are now at least as good as Timeform's but are available free to anyone who can work a mouse or read a paper?

Or maybe it is just luck. If you are picking 20/1 shots, you are bound to have long losing runs.
Report TheNorfolkMafia September 14, 2014 10:50 AM BST
You've hit the head right on the nail!
Report Greg_Gory September 14, 2014 10:53 AM BST
Take Heed Then Norfolk Laugh
Report Breedingmad September 14, 2014 11:00 AM BST
It's hard to hide a good horse on the track.You can run out of tricks , Barney Curley has tried them all and even the keeping a horse
out of training for years and months loophole has now been changed.The whole game is different to 10 years ago and as stated the tracks
are far fairer and you could argue the handicapping system has never been as accurate.There is just no easy way to find big priced winners
for the average punter..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com