Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Navel-Gazer
18 Jun 14 11:20
| Topic/replies: 6,743 | Blogger: Navel-Gazer's blog
Maybe I've had my head stuck in the formbook for too long but I can't make head or tail of this race...there are plenty of huge prices about and a couple of bookies are even paying the fifth horse home.

Alutiq at 33/1 initially appealed but I have concerns about her getting home as I think she might be run off her hooves...I can already picture her sitting last, 15 lengths behind the front rank with a wall of horses in front of her so I've scratched that one - anyone strongly fancy an outsider that's worth a second look?

Over the years at Cheltenham & Ascot Festivals, I've experienced this confusion over big-field handicaps many times but I must be getting old as it's only the second day!
Pause Switch to Standard View Ascot 5:35 - HELP!
Show More
Report elise June 18, 2014 12:28 PM BST
would love to see adhwaa win, barry for john and even though she's not got much in hand you'd expect that she won't be far away (easy enough to ignore last run), would be a fitting winner although more likely an e/w chance

couple i like are odisseia and queen of power, not confident just some value
Report Navel-Gazer June 18, 2014 12:36 PM BST
I hate backing single-figures prices in competitive 25 runner handicaps but I MUST pick two in the race so I can do three E/W L15 (12 selections in the 6 races) - I think I'll have another look in half an hour...my skull might be clearer then Crazy

PS - Elise...I don't really like any of those! Mischief
Report Bob Kelso June 18, 2014 12:37 PM BST
Think Stealth Missile is a big price if you excuse her final run last season
Report elise June 18, 2014 12:39 PM BST
i could have 6 picks and still may not have the winner navel, but gl with whatever you finish on
Report Navel-Gazer June 18, 2014 12:44 PM BST
Rather cowardly, I'm considering Psychometry 8/1 fav but I don't like its draw and the trip may be too short...I always think disappointing runs are forgivable at Chester & Goodwood but I reckon she should be nearer a 14/1 poke so there's not enough value in the price.

Bob - Clive's rags are always worth a second look at such prices in handicaps...he's on the rather long short-list.

As it will be the last leg of my bet, I might as well row in with it in case Toofi at 28/1 gives me a good start in the opener Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com