Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deltâ
22 May 14 18:43
| Topic/replies: 62,895 | Blogger: Deltâ's blog
in a photo...
Pause Switch to Standard View 2nd day running Hughesy nutted Ocean...
Show More
Report bannahan May 22, 2014 6:45 PM BST
The Hughes "lunge".....great racing
Report bilbobaggins May 22, 2014 6:46 PM BST
Yes - showed Murphy's limitations without a doubt.
Report Chonaic May 22, 2014 6:49 PM BST
shame he couldnt in the first
Report easygold May 22, 2014 7:05 PM BST
That comment will come back and bite you........... no question......... 7.50pm??
Report easygold May 22, 2014 7:56 PM BST
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Report dpm May 22, 2014 7:57 PM BST
Well done Easygold.
Report easygold May 22, 2014 7:59 PM BST
Dpm.......... you know. These guys on this forum.......... . Cheers
Report HorseBurger1989 May 22, 2014 7:59 PM BST
Murphy still useless when it comes to tight finishes when up against the likes of Moore Kirby Hughes.. his claim is getting him the winners at the moment, can't wait till he loses that and then we'll find out his limitations imo.. wd on the winner
Report easygold May 22, 2014 8:04 PM BST
Hi Horseburger, look it`s only his 2nd year riding against the big boy`s......... surely you understand that............. very few 3lb claimers are asked to ride in a Group 2 w/out their claim.

In due course this kid will make-it ............... no question.
Report HorseBurger1989 May 22, 2014 8:08 PM BST
He needs to improve a little more yet but he is young and probably will no doubt. the claim for me at the moment gives him a massive edge in some races and I won't to see what he does on a regular basis without it. I still think Moore (when in the mood) is the best in the country imo.
Report rmccarthy16 May 22, 2014 8:14 PM BST
You talk out your rear horseburger, did you not just see him get up on the line at salisbury a minute ago?

Very strong in the finish
Report HorseBurger1989 May 22, 2014 8:16 PM BST
Not as strong as Moore or Hughes in the finish, proved by Hughes twice doing him in the last 2 days in a tight finish.
Report duffy May 22, 2014 8:19 PM BST
anyone saying that the claim is giving him a massive advantage at the moment by way of a criticism is proving the argument against their point!....it gives him a massive advantage because he's that bloody good already....when he loses his claim and onward, the strength/experience etc will come along to more than counter the claim going.
Report rmccarthy16 May 22, 2014 8:21 PM BST
perhaps the fact that he's only been around for 2 seasons explains that? hughes and moore are multiple champion jockeys so it is a very poor comparison. Murphys better than half the pro jocks when you think of the standard run of the mill jockeys about, catlin, durcan, havlin, keniry, the list is endless. murphys far superior.

I suspect pocket talk is a factor here
Report HorseBurger1989 May 22, 2014 8:50 PM BST

I suspect pocket talk is a factor here

Not at all, in fact in the last week I've backed one of Murphy's 4 times this week with 2 winners. just that I don't rate him as highly as you. we shall see what he does over the last few years.
Report Ballydoyle May 22, 2014 9:36 PM BST
Hughes is a **** arrogant prick who doesn't give a toss about the punter
Report ima_mazed66 May 23, 2014 12:52 AM BST
When he loses the claim he still has to get the decent rides and won't have as much to offer in the group races as some of the more experienced big name jockeys nor any weight concession in handicaps like the next batch of crack apprentices can do.

If I was a trainer and had the choice of Ryan Moore to ride my Derby horse or Oisin Murphy then who do you think I will go for? Likewise if I have the top weight in a big handicap and feel my horse is weighted up to the maximum of its ability and can book Oisin Murphy once he can no longer claim or say Jason Hart claiming 3lbs then again who do you think I will go for? Highland Colori won the Ayr Gold Cup by 2¼L under Murphy when he was able to claim 5lbs, so effectively give the horse a 5lb penalty if he couldn't have claimed and would it still have won?

One of those defeats by Hughes yesterday was in the 6:40 at Salisbury where Murphy's horse was due to carry 9-7 but instead was reduced to 9-4 and Hughes's carried 9-6 where there was a short head between them at the line, which would have been more but for Murphy's claim and arguably it might have been a winner had a top 5lb claimer been booked instead. For his win on The Quarterback later on his horse was due to carry 8-8 but instead carried the same as the Hayley Turner ridden 2nd on 8-5 and won by a short head and I expect you can guess my next question now though?

If he's getting beaten by Hughes or only just winning against Turner with the benefit of his claim then it remains to be seen how he will he get on without it? I would also suggest he will only ever get mounts in the higher level races at the moment where he can't use his claim on a packed fixtures day where trainers are having to find jockeys from anywhere in those races.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com