Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CARDIFF1927
25 Mar 14 21:27
| Topic/replies: 2,803 | Blogger: CARDIFF1927's blog
with reguards to the withrawal situation i have been ask to supply and bank statement to betfair to prove that deposits made on thurs 20th have been deducted from my bank, before i have access to withraw any money. Is this normal procedure because its seem dodgy to me?
Pause Switch to Standard View Been asked to supply bank statement....
Show More
Report peter gaffney March 25, 2014 8:42 PM GMT
They cannot force you to provide bank statements however they have you over a barrel really, especially if you want the issue resolving. Their payment systems have malfunctioned so they say, which in turn will have resulted in a few anomolies with credits/debits, so I guess that, without f4nnying around, writing letters of complaint to 3rd parties etc, this is the only way you can solve the issue quickly and amicably?
Report CARDIFF1927 March 25, 2014 8:55 PM GMT
I contacted Ian chuter via twitter, and he got a lady to call me, she more or less said they knew i havent tried to defraud the system but in order to clear it up quickly i need to send proof that the deposits from thursday have left my bank. Im a bit weary about sending pictures of my statements to them incase they get in the wrong hands.
Report peter gaffney March 25, 2014 9:08 PM GMT
Your bank account details have been stamped on the bottom of your cheques for years. If it were me, I would get a copy statement, score through any transactions that are not relevant to Betfair and if your account number details are noted, just score out the first three or four digits if need be. Scan them a copy from your Betfair registered email address, use secure email if need be? I appreciate it is a pain in the 4ss, but they cannot obtain this information from your bank - so guess if you want this resolving quickly.....??
Report axxeman March 25, 2014 9:08 PM GMT
Depends how badly you want it cleared up.  Just take a screenshot and block any sensitive info.
Report axxeman March 25, 2014 9:10 PM GMT
... Peter beat me to it.
Report CARDIFF1927 March 25, 2014 9:54 PM GMT
appreciate the help guys.
Report TEABAGHDAD March 25, 2014 10:05 PM GMT
What a joke. I hope they compensate you for this, at least give you a free £20 bet or something like they give to new customers. Would be a small gesture on there part.
Report Deltâ March 25, 2014 10:10 PM GMT
compensate for a 5p photocopy, tops..... hmmm
Report bollox March 25, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
Ask them to provide their bank statements !
Report brassneck March 25, 2014 10:45 PM GMT
can you not ring your bank and get them to confirm by e mail to betfair  that the deposits were sent.surely this would be proof and would speed things up.
Report Wesdag March 25, 2014 10:48 PM GMT
I'm not sure a bank would want to speak to a 3rd party?
Report peter gaffney March 25, 2014 10:54 PM GMT
They won't do it, anything happens to the email from the bank to the 3rd party, will be the banks fault then - they won't be interested
Report brassneck March 25, 2014 10:58 PM GMT
ring someone in the bank in the morning,ask them to send an e mail,then ring betfair and tell them to check their e mails,its better than having to stand in the bank and wait for someone to see you,then get a statement and then send it to them,for it to lie in a tray all week end and then you will still have to ring them.with my suggestion it could be all done in ten minutes and gives you a chance of withdrawing tomorrow afternoon.
Report brassneck March 25, 2014 11:02 PM GMT
most banks have a 24 hour live chat help,in fact get on to them now and request an email to be sent.
Report TEABAGHDAD March 25, 2014 11:02 PM GMT
Good luck with that one imo
Report brassneck March 25, 2014 11:13 PM GMT
surely all betfair want is confirmation that the money was sent,and if it was not instruct the bank to send it straight away,and get it confirmed with betfair.you have nothing to lose by asking.the problem could arise that his weekend gambling entertainment could get messed up if he waits for electronic nature to take its course.
Report brassneck March 25, 2014 11:24 PM GMT
Another idea is to ask betfair to allow you a second temporary account until its sorted out with the same card and the same bank and see if the money goes in straight away.if it does you can punt ,deposit and withdraw on the second account until it is sorted out.
Report salmon spray March 25, 2014 11:36 PM GMT
They asked me for one.
I don't bank online and rely on monthly paper statements. As it happens I wouldn't have been able to send them a copy for at least a month. They ummed a bit but I appear to have been allowed to withdraw earlier this evening.
Report BARROWBOY March 25, 2014 11:42 PM GMT
can you not get a mini statement from a cash machine & screenshot that to them?
Report salmon spray March 26, 2014 12:39 AM GMT
I haven't a clue what a screenshot is but I did think I might be able to get a mini-statement from an ATM but it appears you can only get a printed balance these days.
However I appear to be sorted.
Report mange March 26, 2014 7:07 AM GMT
Makes U wonder if the Tax Mans in there ................turning the place over
Report EVILROYSLADE March 26, 2014 8:17 AM GMT
I actually agree with Teabag. You should be compensated just for the bloody inconvenience of it all.
Report axxeman March 26, 2014 10:09 AM GMT
OK, so let me get this straight... you're happy to bet ONLINE but not bank ONLINE?  Pretty much all bank accounts can be run online nowadays, and when something unfortunate occurs, you have all the relevant data at your fingertips around the clock instead of having to ring up or run to the local branch for assistance.

Come on people, it's 2014 not 1914...

Words fail me.
Report salmon spray March 26, 2014 10:13 AM GMT
I tried once a few years ago axxeman. Got into a hopeless mess and had to ring them to go back to paper billing.
We are not all nerds.
Report Big Boss March 26, 2014 10:37 AM GMT
I am absolutely astounded by this episode, how on earth can Betfair not detect or trace that you have made a payment into their system ?

Yet you have to go through the rigmarole of proving that you have paid them, utter joke Angry
Report dustybin March 26, 2014 10:46 AM GMT
SS is Father Time.
If the sundial works why change eh?

It just goes to show you have to take problems by the balls yourself, I watched this problem (bf's error I might add) occur, leaving it to sort itself as I wasn't in any hurry for the funds. As the days passed and the marketing twaddle released played down the problem I sat on my hands, still unable to withdraw.
Each day being told it will deffo be sorted within 24 hours.
So again I left them to it.
Only when reading the forum about bank statements did I put it to them that as they had made no effort in contacting me even though I had contacted them ,they would never have rectified the problem as they never asked me for account details.
I posed this to them and asked therefore if what I had been told previously had been utter utter horse 5hit?
It seems it was.
Report salmon spray March 26, 2014 11:08 AM GMT
Sundials were perfectly adequate when I was young      Devil
And yes it WAS Betfair's problem not mine despite my old-fashioned habits.
Report axxeman March 26, 2014 3:38 PM GMT
Salmon, I'm not a nerd - far from it BUT, despite being close to retirement age, I embrace technology rather than shun it!
Report salmon spray March 26, 2014 4:14 PM GMT
I don't like it. I find my way round the internet on a strictly need to know basis
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com