Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tattcorner
08 Mar 14 16:08
| Topic/replies: 835 | Blogger: Tattcorner's blog
Tell you the truth, I haven't renewed my passport or flown since coming into 'land' at Leeds Bradford in '07.
Misty day and coming into touchdown area when big clouds of mist obstructed the view, so we zoomed right up again to circle for a bit.  I'm not really happy with these 'fly-by-wire' modern planes either.  I know it's supposed to be the safest travel, but prefer other modes of transport now (I think ) - may change my mind I suppose.
Pause Switch to Standard View Do you enjoy flying?
Show More
Report twizzle22 March 8, 2014 4:09 PM GMT
Have you been drinking?
Report elise March 8, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
hope not, he's the pilot
Report mange March 8, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
never done it................no PP
Report TRIEDTOMAKEALL March 8, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
No-one really enjoys flying. Hate these people who say "its the first part of the holiday". But if you fancy warmer weather and drunk women, its got to be done.
Report Oh no!! not another Villa fan March 8, 2014 4:21 PM GMT
Another one gone down today, i hate flying.
Report jollie March 8, 2014 4:32 PM GMT
its not the flying bit that worries me ,,,...
Report Oldgit1 March 9, 2014 12:30 PM GMT
Its hardly flying sitting in a Jumbo with 300 others.
Try it in a small plane or a Chopper and see what it is really lie.
Report Glossy March 9, 2014 12:32 PM GMT
How is it not flying if you're sitting in a jumbo with 300 others?! Bizarre statement.
Report Mr Spock March 9, 2014 12:54 PM GMT
Sitting in an oxygen depleted pressurised tube for 11 hours to Vegas is no ones idea of fun but its great once you get there. Its the coming back and the jetlag and generally feeling knackered that makes it carp.
Report mange March 9, 2014 12:55 PM GMT
whys the porthole window in the bog frosted glass................
Report Mr Spock March 9, 2014 12:58 PM GMT
So you don't look at how high up you are and sh*t yourself before you have your trollies down.
Report xmoneyx March 9, 2014 1:04 PM GMT
flew business class once,brilliant

if plane crashed I would of been found with a steak knife thru mouth
Report TheNorfolkMafia March 9, 2014 1:16 PM GMT
Mr Spock • March 9, 2014 12:58 PM GMT
So you don't look at how high up you are and sh*t yourself before you have your trollies down.

Laugh
Report TheNorfolkMafia March 9, 2014 1:20 PM GMT
Flying is boring!

But it's a long walk to, Memphis, Tennessee!

Happy
Report mange March 9, 2014 1:21 PM GMT
skinto was flying ......................Sad
Report geordie1956 March 9, 2014 1:25 PM GMT
Not for safety purposes but I have always enjoyed travelling by train as the best transport - usually comfortable - you can have a drink or a bite to eat, read the paper & generally relax - pity the cost is often prohibitive
Report Oldgit1 March 9, 2014 6:25 PM GMT
Glossy:
It's as bad as sitting in a bus with steamed up windows
Report Oldgit1 March 9, 2014 6:27 PM GMT
Mr Spock:
Have you ever flown down the Canyon in a small plane?
Report Oldgit1 March 9, 2014 6:31 PM GMT
My sister in law has not flown since a very bumpy ride in a Vanguard to Edinburgh in 1958.
A friend in America got the S**t scared out him on the return leg of his first flight from a Star Trek Convention in Atlanta and has never flown again.
We were on a DC9 that had an engine fail over the Atlantic. The Movie showing at the time was death trap
Report barstool March 9, 2014 6:51 PM GMT
You from Pakistan Tattcorner?

If so, many welcomes!Laugh
Report Oldgit1 March 9, 2014 7:11 PM GMT
Geordie1956:
I have had many delayed overcrowded journeys on the main East Coast Route.
Probably the worst one was an Aberdeen to London overnight train. It was an old West Highland Line train running two hours late when I boarded it in Edinburgh. My heart sank when I found that it was full of drunken members of the London Celtic supporters club returning from a pre season friendly in Aberdeen.
Towards Newcastle the engine developed a fault and was diverted to Carlisle for a change of engine. We then went on a tour of England and ended up at Marylebone instead of Kings X around noon. There was not a buffet car and water ran out to flush the toilets.
Report saddo March 9, 2014 7:12 PM GMT
Love flying when I was a space cadet
Report thelatarps March 9, 2014 8:26 PM GMT
Took an internal flight in the states one time
Got off the jumbo at newark and onto some propeller jet piece of shee-it run by a bunch of cowboys name of colgan air
Fly me, the turbulence was absolutely horrific battered fae pillar to post I kid you not
Sat at the back I were genuflecting, singing hymns fae me childhood english or welsh, praying tae jesus, allah, buddah, anyone who would save my sorry ass.
There were a bunch of what sounded like german students on, rowdy as fluck. Should a seen them shut the fluck up when that turbulence kicked in.

After about an hour of circling we finally landed
Dear God I promise to be a good boy from now on
Walked up to the pilot and personally thanked the boy
He retorted in a smooth southern U.S. twang something like 'nothing to it buddy'
Took one look at the trolley dolley and she looked like she'd just shat 7 shades of sh!te
Thought the dude in the ray bans was one cool flucker

Couple of months later back in dear old blighty leading my humdrum life, losing on the horses saw the news that one of thay colgan fluckers had gone down over new york
No bl00dy wonder I thought

Still think of that pilot boy, what become of him
The devil looks after his own I guess.
Report Oldgit1 March 9, 2014 8:39 PM GMT
I like flights with excitable Turks and Continentals where they kneel in the aisle praying when they should be strapped in for final descent
Nice at Naples where they fly in over a cemetery.
I used to work next to Battersea Heliport and used to get the odd flight from one of the pilots I knew.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com