Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
21 Jan 14 18:13
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
director of sport Barbara slater said, im pleased we can add gb davis cup matches to our coverage. Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View bbc gets rid of all horse racing, but...
Show More
Report salmon spray January 21, 2014 7:09 PM GMT
She needs slating.
Report mange January 21, 2014 7:13 PM GMT
No ethnic jockies Wink
Report geordie1956 January 21, 2014 7:50 PM GMT
She should be strung up
Report jmdc January 21, 2014 9:29 PM GMT
Same applies to the risible BDO darts - must be cheap as chips to show the sh it.
Report ima_mazed66 January 21, 2014 9:39 PM GMT
You can't really show racing on a Saturday on a mainstream channel which will be its main viewing day and also have it sharing coverage with several other sports going on at the same time. It's fine when it's a midweek meeting being shown on a minority channel but on a busy Saturday you are barely seeing the winner and placed horses (sometimes) cross the line before the coverage shoots off somewhere else to cover another sport.

This isn't a BBC problem exclusively as Channel 4 found it too when they had the cricket test match coverage and also had to combine screen time with the racing.
Report elisjohn January 21, 2014 9:42 PM GMT
have to be honest, I loved r ascot , glorious goodwood, chelt, Aintree, the derby. arc trials, arc on bbc
Report quantize January 21, 2014 9:43 PM GMT
Barbara Slater talks nonsense as she said they wanted the crown jewels on the BBC and not second rate hence they wanted only the main racing meetings. But as jmdc has stated the BDO darts is second rate compared to the PDC.

Racing on C4 is better for the bookies with all the advertising and they give it full coverage each week so the terrestrial viewer is not too much worse off for the loss of the BBC. They do need to sort out the farce that was Champions Day meaning no Cheltenham on C4 in October. Perhaps Cheltenham needs moving a week, or to the Sunday.
Report racingstar January 21, 2014 10:08 PM GMT
I "Liked" all racing coverage when it was on Analogue Tv and 0.5 seconds behind "Live".
Report pandora1963 January 21, 2014 10:12 PM GMT
davis cup is rubbish,pointless,middle class garbage
Report Insanity Later January 21, 2014 10:18 PM GMT
If Murray pulls out of any matches, which is likely, no bugger'll watch it anyway.
Report The Pies January 22, 2014 9:39 AM GMT
I'd rather the BBC spent money on areas that the commercial sector doesn't do as well ie radio, news, drama.

Some will no doubt argue about quality of production but all of the racing that BBC had is still there but now on C4.
Report paddywhacker1970 January 22, 2014 9:46 AM GMT
Farce.
Report moondan January 22, 2014 10:01 AM GMT
I forget the last time I watched the bbc for anything, its far more interested in trying to normalize what I would rather my kids did not think was normal behavior.

Cannot even get the weather right these days and its always been the home of every weirdo you can imagine.
Report spyker January 22, 2014 10:22 AM GMT
No ethnic jockie

I bet there are more 'ethnic' jockeys in the UK than 'ethnic' prof tennis players - prob more than the rest of the world! Of course it depends what one means by 'ethnic' i s'pose........
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com