Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
17 Jan 14 16:42
| Topic/replies: 498 | Blogger: Paul Haigh - Total Respect's blog
I will start this thread now, and we can see how long it takes the BHA to publish its investigation into it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Catalyze / Ann Stokell / BHA...
Show More
Report racingstar January 17, 2014 4:43 PM GMT
Why would there need to be an investigation,Paul?
Report harry callaghan January 17, 2014 4:46 PM GMT
agree racing lol
Report wimbledon regular January 17, 2014 4:49 PM GMT
How about for starters the convenient 'sale' of all of the ****mypoker horses to a new 'owner' and now racing conveniently in similar colours.
Nothing mysterious about the 'sale'??????????
Same person pulling the strings?
Hmmm - I smell something nasty
Report mackies-fc January 17, 2014 4:49 PM GMT
Yeah find her guilty of improving a well handicapped horse and backing it to win. Imagine.
Report arrested development January 17, 2014 4:50 PM GMT
Nonsense ... stewards inquired into the improved form of Catalyze and were satisfied that the horse had recently 'come back to himself' after various health issues and benefitted from a more prominent ride in a very 'weak' race etc .... on to the next one.
Report pandora1963 January 17, 2014 4:50 PM GMT
why an investigation?? lets be pleased for a tiny little outfit who had it off once in a blue moon
Report racingstar January 17, 2014 4:52 PM GMT
If anybody did not take a long look at this horse considering its old form they need to take up another means of making a living.
Whether you were brave enough to back it is entirely another matter.
Report mackies-fc January 17, 2014 4:53 PM GMT
Wimbledon, the previous "owner" was on twitter this morning advising anyone who wanted to listen to back the horse at 12-1. hardly cloak and dagger stuff.
Report arrested development January 17, 2014 4:55 PM GMT
In fairness to Ann its hard to tell if she can train or not,  as she only ever trained one good horse and even he was a total nutter ....
The operation has been in hibernation for a few years now since that horse was retired,  I do recall she'd land the odd touch at Brighton and Southwell back in the day,  with some very moderate creatures.
Report mackies-fc January 17, 2014 4:58 PM GMT
probably booking professional jockeys a massive help also. no disrespect to Ann!!
Report The Spook January 17, 2014 4:58 PM GMT
wimbledon is probably right with his assertions although the last registered owner was pro punter w mackay until jan 3rd 2014
Report Ken O'sback January 17, 2014 5:03 PM GMT
Has she acquired A"NEW" assistant trainer  from the shysters old yard
Report wimbledon regular January 17, 2014 5:05 PM GMT
mackies - the previous owner who was tipping it on twitter today is currently warned off. He is banned from from communicating with stables / owners / trainers etc so how would he have been able to know the wellbeing of the horse? (that's a rhetorical question!)
Make your own mind up.
I can still smell that nasty smell.
Report Ken O'sback January 17, 2014 5:07 PM GMT
that smell could be "very foul" wimbledon
Report carrot1960 January 17, 2014 5:16 PM GMT
lets be honest she could not train ivy to grow up a wall
Report barstool January 17, 2014 5:18 PM GMT
I have always considered her more of a sporting owner/trainer than anything else.
Perhaps no surprise it has won first time out so the improvement can be put down to change of scenery etc.
BHA are being made fools of but not much they can do about it.

On another matter did anyone read the article in the post today about the two owners disqualified for laying their horses?
At the bottom of the article it goes on to say both horses owned by Brett Lloyd were trained by Tim Vaughan but there was nothing to suggest he or his jockeys were aware of the owners laying activities.

Some strange going on in our great sport.
Report mackies-fc January 17, 2014 5:22 PM GMT
I take your point about the 'iffyness' of it all Wimbledon. I just think it was plainly obvious the horse was fancied today and thrown in on old form.
Report homefortea January 17, 2014 9:02 PM GMT
Love it...Backed the animal at 12/1...

There are many market movers from that stable just make sure that if you are involved the fragrant Anne is not on board unless the horse is 50/1....
Report racingstar January 17, 2014 9:04 PM GMT
The aftertimer of the day award is given to,HFT.
One day back and is at it already.
Report homefortea January 17, 2014 9:10 PM GMT
Love it racingstar - was it you that reported me...

Incidentally when you are taking a peep at the prices on oddschecker and you see firms going 12/1-7/1 in quick succession and you have a mobile phone and two children at University what are you supposed to do...

Happy Days...
Report racingstar January 17, 2014 9:13 PM GMT
HFT,
I would not dream of reporting you.
I have long since learned to appreciate your "input".
You mentioned that you were banned otherwise I would not have known.
Report roida January 17, 2014 9:14 PM GMT
hft...post your pretendee bet..tar
Report homefortea January 17, 2014 9:15 PM GMT
Feck me racingstar - who did and are we the only two characters left on here....
Report homefortea January 17, 2014 9:19 PM GMT
Joined: 12 Feb 11 | Topic/replies: 230 | Blogger: roida's blog
hft...post your pretendee bet..tar

AWAITING TRANSLATION
Report racingstar January 17, 2014 9:23 PM GMT
Making a list of the people you have upset would narrow it down to a few hundred,HFT!
Report the dealer January 17, 2014 9:24 PM GMT

Jan 17, 2014 -- 9:23PM, racingstar wrote:

Making a list of the people you have upset would narrow it down to a few hundred,HFT!

LaughLaugh

Report the dealer January 17, 2014 9:24 PM GMT
he does grow on you though
Report the dealer January 17, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
slowly Laugh
Report boyce January 17, 2014 9:35 PM GMT
horse racing aint a sport its a gambling game,,i mean its the only so called sport where you can be absoultely useless at it(some jockies as good/bad as picking a stranger off the street to ride)yet able to compete,,its desrespectful to real sportsmen when mcCoy is winning sports personality of the year,,,,,,but we all know the score and im one of the biggest bashers yet at the end of the day its me who decides to play this rancid game
Report homefortea January 17, 2014 9:38 PM GMT
I am off to watch some Storage Wars on the Discovery Channel..

It has been a long day..

To those that I have offended grow a pair....

This is an anonymous forum for fecks sake...
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! January 17, 2014 9:47 PM GMT
Roida just wants people to post things.

If you want that just buy things off ebay clutz
Report onlooker January 18, 2014 9:17 AM GMT
Lingfield (AW) Result
28 Mar 2012
« 3:00 » Platers And Stampers Selling Stakes

(Class 6) (3yo+) 6f Standard
    £1,704.25, £503.25, £251.75

1st Catalyze Evens Fav     4-9-9 t Richard Guest     65 65 68 William Carson

Raced off the pace in 4th, ridden and effort on inner 2f out, driven and headway over 1f out, led inside final furlong, hard pressed after but always just holding rival, driven out

2nd nk     Riflessione 14/1 6-9-7 v Ronald Harris     63 69 72     Darren Egan7

Led for 1f, chased leader after, ridden 2f out, driven and kept on to challenge 1f out, every chance inside final furlong, not quicken under pressure towards finish

3rd 2l     Jake The Snake (IRE) 4/1 11-9-9 Richard Guest  84 56 61     Martin Harley

Ridden leaving stalls to go prominent, led after 1f, ridden 3f out, 4 lengths clear 2f out, driven and wandered under pressure over 1f out, headed and stayed on same pace inside final furlong (op 9-2 tchd 11-2)

5 ran TIME 1m 11.91s (slow by 1.91s) Total SP 110%

1st OWNER: Willie McKay BRED: The Hon Robert Hanson TRAINER: Richard Guest
2nd OWNER: Mrs Jan Adams
3rd OWNER: Willie McKay

There was no bid for the winner.

ANALYSIS

A fascinating betting heat primarily involving the two Willie McKay-owned runners, and those who heeded the market moves were rewarded.

Jake The Snake, who was claimed by McKay for £7,000 only five days earlier (could be claimed here for £6,000), had upwards of 17lb in hand on official figures.
However, he´d shown his best recent form when ridden patiently over longer trips at Kempton, and he was a major market drifter, having at one stage been around evens with a few firms[/b. (SP 4/1)
[b]In contrast to his usual tactics, he was bustled up to lead
at a good pace, but he never looked comfortable, particularly under pressure.

CATALYZE was next best off at the weights, so was the obvious one should Jake The Snake underperform, but even so the confidence behind him in the market was overwhelming - he was around 5-1 when betting opened - (SP EVENS)[b] - and he[b] landed the punt under a ride that saw his jockey pick up a seven-day whip ban.
The winner had a short spell with John Balding since he was last seen and only returned to Richard Guest´s care the day before the race.

QUOTES:
Stephen Arnold,
assistant trainer:
"A lot of the credit goes to John Balding who has trained Catalyze until yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon and he said he would win."
Report elise January 18, 2014 9:29 AM GMT
thought the funniest thing about that race was a stokell gamble nearly got chinned by peter grayson, laughable really
Report Virgin January 18, 2014 10:26 AM GMT
Smoke and Mirrors stuff Mischief
Report Rydal January 22, 2014 5:03 AM GMT
Interesting article in the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/21/ann-stokell-banned-owner-horses
Report Deltâ January 22, 2014 7:29 AM GMT
Owner and Track Suit Dave having a right old ding dong on Twitter!
Report bannahan January 22, 2014 8:12 AM GMT
any link delta...?

Ta
Report Deltâ January 22, 2014 8:27 AM GMT
goggle will take you there bannahan...
Report paddywhacker1970 January 22, 2014 9:45 AM GMT
That isn't Tracksuit Dave, it's some loser that has hijacked his name and constantly baits and insults people on there. He's a disgrace.
Report elise January 22, 2014 9:54 AM GMT
didn't koo and shiny disco balls find his real identity?
Report bingobango January 22, 2014 12:33 PM GMT
I really cant believe anybody would question the integrity of Mr Stephen Arnold he is clearly a fine and upstanding gentleman, I sure we all believe that he has cut all links with the horses and has absolutely nothing to do with Ann Stokel's yard and that will be the situation until his unfortunate ban expires.

Mr Arnold's partner, Miss Amy Taylor who previously worked for Violet Jordan, and recently has been employed by Ann Stokell, quite coincidentally at the same time the former Mr Arnold horses moved between yards, and clearly has a senior position within the new Ann Stokell set up looking at whos been responsible for placing this advert for staff http://jobs.careersinracing.com/index.php/jobs/riderstable-staff-3/ .

I am sure Miss Taylor and Mr Arnold will at no point be discussing the horses at any point between the sheets or at any other time as that would be against BHA rules and would be a breach of the terms of Mr Arnold's ban.
Report Deltâ January 22, 2014 12:40 PM GMT
wot were you other 4 posts about bingobango iyo?
Report Deltâ January 22, 2014 12:40 PM GMT
* your
Report bannahan January 22, 2014 12:42 PM GMT
Foxy bingo?
Report swiftynifty January 22, 2014 12:46 PM GMT
bingobango, it is possible for people to abide by the rules, I'm sure Karl and Elaine Burke and Paul Blockley and Jo Hughes never once spoke about horses during their bans.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com