Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
THETRUTHHURTS
03 Dec 13 13:08
| Topic/replies: 1,957 | Blogger: THETRUTHHURTS's blog
WHYConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Pause Switch to Standard View BOOKMAKER CENTER COURSE SEDGE
Show More
Report democrat December 3, 2013 1:10 PM GMT
Who is it ?
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
THINK IT COULD BE AN INNRUNNER INDISGUISELaughLaughLaughTRY SAYING THAT AFTER A FEW PINTSShocked
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
DERECK WOOD LAST TIME!
Report know all December 3, 2013 1:25 PM GMT
one of the best layers on the track
Report TheNorfolkMafia December 3, 2013 1:46 PM GMT
One of the best layers in the centre of the course, that's for sure!
Report jimnast December 3, 2013 2:14 PM GMT
he is just getting of his arse and trying to make a living,perhaps if others like him in this country did the same it wouldn't be in the state its in.
Report democrat December 3, 2013 2:17 PM GMT
That was a political broadcast on behalf of the jimnast party !
Report jimnast December 3, 2013 2:22 PM GMT
Laughdemocrat

this gets brought up every Sedgefield meeting perhaps he is making sure the ring doesn't close in case boxing day comes back to its former glory days.

Derek was telling me at haydock not that many years ago the management at Sedgefield would give the racecourse bookmakers some turkey and a glass of sherry on boxing day,just look how we get treated now.
Report TheNorfolkMafia December 3, 2013 2:32 PM GMT
jimnast • December 3, 2013 2:14 PM GMT
he is just getting of his arse and trying to make a living,perhaps if others like him in this country did the same it wouldn't be in the state its in.

Oh dear!
Report jimnast December 3, 2013 2:33 PM GMT
and
Report TheNorfolkMafia December 3, 2013 2:37 PM GMT
Oh dear!
Report democrat December 3, 2013 2:38 PM GMT
All they get now jimnast is the stuffing !!
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 2:44 PM GMT
JIMNAST,SORRY TO POINT OUT THE OBVIOUS BUT ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO MAKE A LIVING FROM TAKING BETS IN THAT RING,GOT TO BE ANOTHER REASON FOR HIS ATTENDANCEConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Report TheNorfolkMafia December 3, 2013 2:47 PM GMT
Has he fell out with the old woman?

Laugh
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 2:49 PM GMT
ATR HAVE JUST REPORTED ITS NOT A BOOKMAKERS JOINT BUT A SMALL FRACKING MACHINE WHICH IS CURRENTLY DRILLING AS WE SPEAKShocked
Report jimnast December 3, 2013 3:13 PM GMT
I presume he doesn't think its impossible truth.
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 3:20 PM GMT
WELL EITHER WAY GOOD LUCK TO HIM!
Report jimnast December 3, 2013 3:26 PM GMT
agreed cu tomorrowHappy
Report MaxED December 3, 2013 3:49 PM GMT
derek has been betting for over thirty years.he must know what hes doing
Report johnnywilkinson December 3, 2013 6:55 PM GMT
APPERNTLY HE WAS STILL THERE FROM THE LAST MEEETING THEY CEMENTED HIM IN AND HANDCUFFED HIM TO THE JOINT ,YESTERDAY MORNING THEY WENT ACROSS AND DE-FROSTED HIM AND THE FIRST THING HE SAID WAS BBBBBBIIGGGGERRRR TTHHHANNN TTTHHHHE MMMMMMMMACHHIEENNNNE
Report ribero1 December 3, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
Is this the guy who when you hover over the best price in the ring facility his name invariably comes up?
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 7:00 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 3, 2013 7:01 PM GMT
NO THATS ME RIBBlush
Report ronnie rails December 3, 2013 7:10 PM GMT
ribero1

Have you never had a pitch at Sedgy, I always thought there was money there.

Also will you thank Paul for helping me with the betfair account situation in November, I feel awful that I didn't thank him in person but as you can imagine having just found out your bank account has been cleared by a fraudster tends to leave you flustered to say the least, when I next see him in may in the living room tell him there's a drink on me.
Report ribero1 December 3, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
No prob Ronnie,re Sedgefield,bought a pitch in 01 and sold in 02 I think for a considerable loss although would get much less now.Before the buying and selling it was one of those gaffs where they always seemed to get results from heaven with virtually anything happening,remember the fallers causing havoc running the wrong way?however while you still get some results i'm sure its nothing like the "good old days".
Report red lorry~ yellow lorry December 3, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
unbelievable ~ made truth look like a non jigger
laying McCoy@ 1.42 on machine ~ he is 1/2
last race laying 2.72 he is 15/8
7 punters tops in ring
y?
Report intheknow December 3, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
much slower connection in the centre Laugh
Report carpet1 December 4, 2013 7:51 AM GMT
correct rlyl ive heard hes lost on days out there on his own !!
Report TheNorfolkMafia December 4, 2013 8:34 AM GMT
Where's he off to today, to see his psychiatrist?
Report flash bookie December 4, 2013 8:42 AM GMT
norfolk mafia do you want to come to work boxing day,or will it interfare with your fulltime job ?? {writing constant utter b****x on here}
Report TheNorfolkMafia December 4, 2013 8:50 AM GMT
Yes please!

Love
Report 2honest4ere December 4, 2013 9:39 AM GMT
rlyl

Cant understand any bookmaker giving a service to the public and offering prices that are not within  the 0.05 range of the exchanges.
He should be made to carry his joint all the way to his association and forced to apologise.
Like all good sheep at this time of the year he should listen to his shepherd and follow the three wise men who were sent to the RCA bearing gifts from ALL BOOKMAKERS but unfortunately it appears the racecourses would not even open their  boxes and then insisted that any negotiations had to result in a benefit to a minority at the expense of the majority.
N0 ITS NOT TRUE IT MUST BE A PANTOMINE STORY .
Report dave d December 4, 2013 2:05 PM GMT
thouroughly nice guy is derek and his missus ...have it on good authority that if no show then the management are looking to close the ring down .....and its just about workable boxing day and a couple of spring/summer meetings ....
Report 2honest4ere December 4, 2013 3:31 PM GMT
rlyl

Cant believe one of the big boys didn't nip over to get 30 bob at 1.5 then lay it on exchange at 1.43
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 4, 2013 3:53 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report zipper December 4, 2013 5:06 PM GMT
Lets face it  other than big meetings  the game is over
punters  now have Betfair  .. better prices .. no bet  knocked back
there is 800k  bet or lay  on any race    .. no travel  .. no pay at the door. no exes
sit at home with your fav drink ..swich off any time you like ..Hic Hic ..get the drift ........zipper
Report zipper December 4, 2013 5:07 PM GMT
and yes i was a bookie ..not anymore
Report poorpup December 4, 2013 5:42 PM GMT

Dec 4, 2013 -- 2:42AM, flash bookie wrote:

norfolk mafia do you want to come to work boxing day,or will it interfare with your fulltime job ?? {writing constant utter b****x on here}

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report TheNorfolkMafia December 4, 2013 5:51 PM GMT
Shut it!

Laugh
Report poorpup December 4, 2013 5:56 PM GMT
WinkLaugh
Report red lorry~ yellow lorry December 4, 2013 6:24 PM GMT
dd
agree smashing fella and his missus
hope he can make it pay
Report dave d December 4, 2013 6:45 PM GMT
Silly not many silver rings left ..not just on arc racetracks but everywhere ...will undermine a few livelyhoods imo see ya saturday rlyl Whoops
Report whiskyalpha December 4, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
Most silver rings now unworkable midweek but a few are still ok on saturdays and bank holidays.
I remeber attending 20 out of 26 meetings at Liecester silver ring when the flat and jumps were all one list as a casual to get an allocated pitch (75% requirement).

But the bounus would come on easter monday when there were about 16 meetings and the books were split. I went to Nottingham in 1984, easter was as late in the year as it could be(I have the formular to calculate when easter will be if you're interested). A huge crowd and a warm sunny day, only 5 of us standing.
Report mugbookie December 4, 2013 8:49 PM GMT
WORKED THE SEDGEFIELD SILVER RING MANY TIMES IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES...SET OFF AT THE CRACK OF DAWN....FULL ENGLISH AND A GAME OF POOL AT THE A1 TRUCK STOP...THE BEST PIE AND PEAS ANYWHERE AT THE TRACK....AND LESSONS IN BOOKMAKING FROM CEDRIC MOODY...'LAY THEM SHORT UNS SON...LAY THEM SHORT UNS'...IN HIS THICK AYRSHIRE TONE.Laugh THE HAPPIEST OF HAPPY DAYS.Love
Report dave d December 4, 2013 10:18 PM GMT
lol @mug Excited now that is a blast from the past ...are you from the borough mug ??
Report factmachine December 4, 2013 10:30 PM GMT
DAVE,MUGS RESIDENCE IS A CLOSELY GUARDED SECRET THAT ONLY THE PRIVILEDGED FEW ARE PARTY TOOShocked
Report johnnywilkinson December 5, 2013 8:34 AM GMT
I WENT IN THE EARLY 80S SHOWING OUT TO GLYNN JONES IN THE SILVER ,PUT ME 2 BOXES DOWN GOT UP SHOWING AWAY ,ONE OF THE DOLANS SAID YOU CANT STAND THERE ,I SAID WHERE DO U WANT ME TO GO ....HE SAID AGAIN U CANT STAND THERE ,SO  I SAID WHERE DO U WANNA ME TO GO ,HE SAID HE CANT STAND THERE ....IT WAS LIKE TALKING TO A PARROT ,,,I SATYED PUT .....I ALWAYS TALK TO THE OTHER ONE WHEN I SEEE HIM,HE S A NICE FELLA,AND HIS SON
Report mugbookie December 5, 2013 8:48 AM GMT
FACTMACHINE IN 'I'M ONE OF THE PRIVILEGED FEW SHOCKER'...ILLUMINATI URGENTLY SEEKING CONFIRMATION. Grin

DAVE D - NOT FROM THE BOROUGH, BUT LOVED TRIPS TO SEDGIE, OFTEN TEN BOOKS IN THE RING AND A FEW QUID FLYING ABOUT...USUALLY AROUND CEDRICS JOINT....HE LOVED TO LAY THEM 'SHORT UNS'....AND KEEP THE BOB KETT FIRM BUSY.Grin
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 5, 2013 9:53 AM GMT
YEP JOHHNY UNLIKE THE BLUFFER U WERE WORKING FORAngry
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 5, 2013 9:56 AM GMT
MUG,ILLUMINATI CURRENTLY IN STEALTH MODE AT THE MO,BUT DONT WORRY YOUR WHEREABOUTS WILL NEVER BE TRACED BY THE EVIL EMPIRE!
Report wolf j flywheel December 5, 2013 12:37 PM GMT
lol yeah i remember working in there and harold (ketts tic tac )being busy lol happy days Excitedand it was workable for ten books boxing day and the aways (wetherby,kempton,wincanton 0 were good too xx
Report whiskyalpha December 5, 2013 2:42 PM GMT
If as years ago you had to attend 1 meeting in 3 to keep your pitch warm, Derek would have it all to himself at Sedgefield on boxing day as he would be the only one on the ring list.
Report whiskyalpha December 5, 2013 3:02 PM GMT
The books that turn up on boxing day have agreed to give Derek a hundred pounds each to say thankyou for keeping the ring open.
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 5, 2013 3:27 PM GMT
GOOD IDEA,MAYBEE THEY CAN ADOPT THE SAME IDEA AT UTTOXETER/HAYDOCK PARK TATTSLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report johnnywilkinson December 5, 2013 5:40 PM GMT
TRUTH HES TURNED OVER A NERW LEAF YOU CAN GET ON NOW
Report factmachine December 5, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
STILL SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED ANYWHERE NEAR A RACECOURSE!
Report johnnywilkinson December 5, 2013 8:18 PM GMT
IN HIS PRE EXCHANGE DAYS HE WAS A COWARD ALONG WITH MANY MODERN DAY LIONS
Report factmachine December 5, 2013 8:25 PM GMT
HMMMMAngry
Report johnnywilkinson December 5, 2013 8:26 PM GMT
U DISAGREE
Report factmachine December 5, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
STILL DONT THINK U WOULD GET ON!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder