Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
29 Nov 13 20:14
| Topic/replies: 1,978 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
One of my most favourite horses, tough on his day, and may not be as consistent as Denman or the likes of Kauto Star but was built from the same mould.  Now in the Hennessey for his last hurrah... Gold Cup winner on 11-7?  tempting? yes he is a 12 year old but in the last 2 years he has only run twice... with a 50% win ratio.  His fto record in Nov is first or second every season since his career began.  This is horse that needs a break to show his best and is normally caught best first time out and I do hope he maintains this stat.

Last season Tidal Bay represented the older generation, this year IC can do the almost impossible and go out and win the race, if he is in the mood.  I do hope he enjoys his retirement and shows for one last time with a superb round of jumping and returning back safe and sound, with the Hennessey added to his many honours.

Good Luck.
Pause Switch to Standard View IMPERIAL COMMANDER 20/1 EACH WAY
Show More
Report sixtwosix November 29, 2013 8:17 PM GMT
Last run , like Kauto & Istabraq to name but two ...if this doesn't look good they will no doubt do the right thing and pull up , this is the scenario I think most likely.
Report therobster27 November 30, 2013 6:06 AM GMT
I would love to see the old boy run well oh his final Hurrah, and there is no denying his ability to run well fresh. However he has been described by his trainer over the years as a  very fragile horse, with only 21 runs in 7 seasons somewhat telling the story. I’ve backed against him, but I really would not be that bothered (or surprised) if this lad won, but he does Imo look set to give way to the next generation of chasers, either way just hope he comes back safe and sound for his connections. GL  IrisD
Report mange November 30, 2013 12:26 PM GMT
Ive backed it..................I had to off 153 wiv no miles in the clock & Paddy re-instated................a mistake my main worry
Report thehoffisback November 30, 2013 1:15 PM GMT
I would love the commander to win, it would cheer me up and i might even go to the sauna later to put a real big smile on my face
Report Big Bucks John November 30, 2013 1:18 PM GMT
Forget it...stable massively out of form.

Otherwise I woulda gave it a squeak.
Report judorick November 30, 2013 1:21 PM GMT
1 winner of the Hennessy aged older than 9 in 40 renewals, won't be 2
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com