Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
02 Sep 13 15:42
| Topic/replies: 23,039 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
or they just see him as dirt??
Pause Switch to Standard View has cooper upset a few jocks??
Show More
Report imagele September 2, 2013 3:47 PM BST
I agree - it is starting to feel personal isn't it? Has he had a go at jockeys recently?
Report FELTFAIR September 2, 2013 3:54 PM BST
He`s harmless.
Report tips September 2, 2013 3:55 PM BST
he deserves better harmless old bloke
Report duffy September 2, 2013 3:56 PM BST
what happened?
Report georgebakerfanclub September 2, 2013 3:59 PM BST
They watched Moore taking the piss out of him and think they can abuse him...Nasty horrid little men. Bobs a nice chap often chatted to him, I've seen the Jockeys throwing food at him. The free food in the changing rooms that is not any food that they have paid for.
Report nerium September 2, 2013 4:08 PM BST
He's a buffoon. How the hell did he get set on?
Report Duvauchelle September 2, 2013 4:17 PM BST
Bob should stuff it - the food - down their scrawny little throats, the little twats
Report FOYLESWAR September 2, 2013 4:32 PM BST
bang out of order from the short assed coonts  he may not be everyones cup of tea but who is perfect !,sir bob seems a decent chap , shamefull stuff from the stunts !
Report .birkdale September 2, 2013 4:34 PM BST
He's a gentle old duffer - jockeys should show more respect.
Report halcyon days September 2, 2013 5:12 PM BST
Met Bob a couple of times, very sociable, seems a good egg !  ?....
Report MJK September 2, 2013 5:24 PM BST
If he actually asked a proper question I might have more sympathy for him.
Report Deltâ September 2, 2013 5:29 PM BST
and once he had asked it - shut up and listen to the answer without interrupting!
Report MJK September 2, 2013 5:36 PM BST
I used to think it was all just an act with him, never seeing a bad ride, forgetting midway through a question what he was gonna ask etc. It seems it's not.
Report imagele September 2, 2013 5:42 PM BST
They make excuses for Ryan Moore and say that he is joking etc etc - but he and a few others (Spencer etc) are really just rude.
Report Deltâ September 2, 2013 6:19 PM BST
Ryan is never rude when Rishi interviews him - they seem to get on well...
Report differentdrum September 2, 2013 6:23 PM BST
Unfortunately, listened to Cooper loads of times and never heard him properly criticise anybody. His questions are about as far away from incisive as you can get. So can someone please confirm what he has said?
Report chavman September 2, 2013 6:31 PM BST
He called differentdrums accosiation with reality tenuous at best
Report hong kong fooey September 2, 2013 8:53 PM BST
The racing pundits are the same as football pundits
They wont ask any questions that may possibly unseat them
from the gravy train.
This in no way excuses Moores contempt for Mr Cooper,
who unlike some jockeys, was TRYING to do the job he is paid for
Report paul the b September 2, 2013 9:16 PM BST
Advice for Bob.....just don't bother to interview Moore/Sanders/Spencer and Co. Just make sure your producers don't give them the time of day when they are injured or retired to earn any fees from ATR.
Ok so Bob is not everyones cup of tea, but it costs nothing to be polite in my book.
Anyway when their careers are over I can find them some work in the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs panto!Mischief....on second thoughts no.....as you need some sort of personality for that.
Report kingsburyken September 2, 2013 9:32 PM BST
Laugh
Report chavman September 2, 2013 9:35 PM BST
pandora as you live in fantasy land I don't disbelieve you.save a part for Grimmy as buttons
Report bettysboy September 2, 2013 9:38 PM BST
tbf - Moores second interview was more forthcoming. His first was curt and unhelpful. didn't see any others
Report jmc27 September 2, 2013 9:38 PM BST
Just saw Seb and the trainer been interviewed by him today absolute rude as f**k no need for that and somebody needs to say it to them..to$$er$
Report geordie1956 September 2, 2013 9:38 PM BST
If this is how the jockeys generally act why not offer some proper criticism of them on ATR - that should at least offer some interesting TV when Weaver, Lukie boy & Fitzy tryly to interview them - the jocks are surly little tw*** & have got away with a general absence of direct observations about specific rides for far too long - lets see how they feel when poor rides are dissected in front of  a TV audience when the viewer is allowed to represent their views - I suspect there will swiftly be a change of attitude
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD September 2, 2013 9:39 PM BST
Im more yaw widow twankyBlush
Report bettysboy September 2, 2013 9:41 PM BST
wrong thread TGODB
Report chavman September 2, 2013 9:41 PM BST
More benny off crossroads Cry
Report THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD September 2, 2013 9:44 PM BST
Oi i aint skinto.CryCry
Report Dr Gonzo September 2, 2013 9:51 PM BST
Given the lengths most presenters go to to defend jockeys, it's a mystery why any jockeys feel the need to be rude towards them. Completely unnecessary, but probably stems from them having the impression (mostly correct) that they're untouchable.

I don't think much of Robert Cooper as a critical eye on the game, but he's a pleasant enough guy, and he does take the time to reply to emails, etc.
Report geordie1956 September 2, 2013 9:55 PM BST
If the jocks refuse to be interviewed who cares - they say nothing which assists the punter anyway
Report sparrow September 2, 2013 10:29 PM BST
Moore should be ashamed of himself.
Report chavman September 2, 2013 10:40 PM BST
Outfit was a bit dodgy and ewed struggle to pull with a saddle over your arm unless it was hers these days
Report hello :-) September 3, 2013 1:12 AM BST
Bobs harmless , jocks acting like big children and look like them aswell , the rude shower of c

total lack of respect the snivelling ...........

who the f do they think they are , most of them are riding donkeys trained by the challenged

goodnight racing world
Report chavman September 3, 2013 1:22 AM BST
Exactly .about time someone put the bite on these ***** and let them know who's boss .Laugh oh sorry I lost myself for a minute Laugh
Report chavman September 3, 2013 1:25 AM BST
And thought they owned,trained and rode for you.forum is full of fantacists
Report doantwin2easy September 3, 2013 2:01 AM BST
I missed the ffos las interview today but, suffice to say, some won't play the foil to the lovable eccentric too willingly.

And that is the only role that is offered.
Report chavman September 3, 2013 2:09 AM BST
Personally would have fought a straight ~you've never rode the course before,how did you find it?~would have had more credibility
Report chavman September 3, 2013 2:10 AM BST
*thought
Report chavman September 3, 2013 2:12 AM BST
All in all in the greater merits of things
Report chavman September 3, 2013 2:16 AM BST
And then ~and winner~
Report halcyon days September 3, 2013 7:59 AM BST
^ Have a go at Bobs job chavvers... I'm sure your homophobia will draw the best from the vertically challenged !    Laugh
Report moondan September 3, 2013 10:02 AM BST
Moore is doing his best to live up to his reputation of being Lester/like, A man of few words.

A few boos in the right place would bring these overrated jockeys to earth, lets hope we dont have to wait too long.
Report silvergreaser September 3, 2013 11:07 AM BST
McCoy is no barrell of laughs either, often has a face on him when been interviewed like a bulldog chewing a wasp.
Report Meyer Lansky September 3, 2013 11:14 AM BST
Don't bother to interview them IMO ... nothing interesting to say except to spout the same predictable tired old cliches.

Racing people in general are VERY insular and loathe to talk to the general public,let alone listen.
Report roggrain September 3, 2013 11:27 AM BST
In fairness to jockeys they're probably tired of having to answer the same routine questions after a win,and they're not in a position to say anything other than the usual platitudes to horse/owner/trainer.
A jockey is hardly likely to say 'Well,to be perfectly honest with you,we were dead lucky today.
The only speed in the race dwelt and the fav. was blocked for a run,whereas a gap opened up for mine at just the right moment.
The horse is a piece of **** but the rest of the runners weren't much better and we got the weight down 2 stone over the last 10 races,where we didn't try with him.
Even then he's only just scraped home and I'd have no faith in him in the future. Someone else can ride him'
Report sparrow September 3, 2013 11:27 AM BST
People like Moore simply let the sport down. As has been said before on this thread "who do they think they are"
Report doantwin2easy September 3, 2013 1:03 PM BST
roggrain has a point. There seems to be a clamour to speak to every jockey and every trainer before and after every race, presumably because the producers think this is what we want.

When there is weighing in to be done, instructions to be given and debriefs to complete, it probably does become a little tiresome.

Personally I would like to see more replays of the race, perhaps from different angles. Sometimes (on C4 particularly) we have to wait an eternity before seeing the race again. Most people want to see where their money went imo rather than hearing the jockey describe how "he/she did it well".
Report deadbrain59 September 3, 2013 1:21 PM BST
tommo,whats it like to win the derby,lester ,foock off.LaughLaughLaugh
Report moondan September 3, 2013 1:22 PM BST
I Don't see the point of replays as you can access those to your hearts content within hours if not minutes of the race.
I certainly don't want Willougby being wise after the event and useless before it and the fact is, all these guys owe the punter a lot.
Moore started this and while he is a top class jockey you would not put great in his description yet.
Far better they all accepted where their bread and butter comes from and were advised that they do the game no good.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com