Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
26 Jun 13 10:33
| Topic/replies: 29,477 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Tax FOBT's 20p for every £1 put in. There's £11.5Bn saved in no time
Pause Switch to Standard View How would you save the £11.5 Billions...
Show More
Report saddo June 26, 2013 10:37 AM BST
How much did the Olympics cost us?
Report Trusty June 26, 2013 10:41 AM BST
Reduce government and civil service by 80%. Zillions saved and decisions can be made. Would be able to reduce income tax dramatically as well.
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 26, 2013 10:43 AM BST
Saddo you have to look at the bigger picture(so they say) tens of thousands of future jobs because of the O's
Report saddo June 26, 2013 10:47 AM BST
Aye, right. Happy
Report steview84 June 26, 2013 11:08 AM BST
how much did thatchers funeral cost us?
how much money do we waste on the arts?
how much do we waste on the royal family?

there is a start.
Report xmoneyx June 26, 2013 11:09 AM BST
Sticking our heads in every other countries civil war is costing us billions
Report Money Tree cost me thousands!! June 26, 2013 11:11 AM BST
What happens if they just tell every country hey owe money to that they ain't getting it? And stop paying other countries money to support them.
Report BobSievier June 26, 2013 11:12 AM BST
Foreign Aid
Benefits , NOT pensioners
Trident nuclear weapons
EU
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2013 11:15 AM BST
Stop all foreign aid.
Stop all payments to the European Union.
Stop running your health service for Africa.

Despite all your good deeds and generosity you are still despised by the recepients of this generosity.
Report Remember One Man June 26, 2013 11:30 AM BST
Stop subsidising industries that previous Tory governments sold off so they can pay dividends to their tax avoiding investors. (Railtrack, National Grid, BNF, various and assorted utility providers.)

Stop Osborne flogging off the rest of the nations remaining assets on the cheap or offering tax incentives to his buddies.

Stop Osborne offering tax incentives and avoidance loopholes to those liable for corporate, capital gains or highest rate income tax.
Report judorick June 26, 2013 11:35 AM BST
just to point out

pensions are not benefits, they are deferred wages, drives me made when people keep saying pensions are part of the benefits system

they are not, they are administered and delivered by DWP and they are a right paid for by paying your stamp over your life

my approach would be to use the modelling to try and find a series of tax and spend policies that lead to deficit reduction in the medium term, don't think we can justify this so called austerity (read low demand) approach any longer as deficit reduction is stagnant for three years

so:

increase real wages by raising the minimum wage by at least 20%
cut tax credits, transfer burden to employers, stop subsidising poverty pay
cancel Trident II

we need growth and demand
Report Trusty June 26, 2013 11:38 AM BST
all would be solved by cutting the chinless wonders that are in the civil service, far too many staff doing nothing , far too many managers, employment terms still way above that of private sector, job for life culture, stifles government, nice hours (if you can get them)......etc etc etc
Report ThunderRoad June 26, 2013 11:40 AM BST
Dismantling all welfare and the National Health Service.
Report saddo June 26, 2013 11:41 AM BST
Agree with judorick, very well put.
Report travelling_man.. June 26, 2013 11:42 AM BST
Leaving the EU would save us the membership fee which is just over £50million per day. Would that help?
Report judorick June 26, 2013 11:46 AM BST
see when someone says 'cut all welfare and NHS' they have no clue what the outcome of such a measure would be but you can be sure it would not be very pleasant and would do serious damage to the economy and society, just an ill informed soundbite that spits in the face of the millions that fought and died to protect us from tyranny

the foundation of the NHS and the provision of a state pension were great achievements that benefitted millions of people who previously had no health cover - disgraceful thing to suggest
Report xmoneyx June 26, 2013 11:51 AM BST
India spend billions on a space programme,yet our biggest overseas foreign aid is to India Tongue Out
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2013 11:53 AM BST
I agree entirely with Judorick but the problem lies in giving benefit to people who aren't British just like the NHS is cluttered by people coming in to avail of services they have made no contributions to.

You should have to be resident in Britain for five years before you could get benefits houses and access to the NHS.
Report xmoneyx June 26, 2013 11:57 AM BST
if you think we're bad--Italy has a massive 31billion scandal breaking
Report Trusty June 26, 2013 12:01 PM BST
It's all smoke and mirrors.

Spain owe us 74 billion but we owe them 360 billion, and they are bust!

This site shows you who owes who:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15748696

Fact is we are all bust but it is the money wasted in all the governments that cause the problem. Brussels being the biggest culprit.
Report spyker June 26, 2013 12:50 PM BST
Make sure all the tax that is due is paid - there's £90b odd EVERY YEAR right there.
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 26, 2013 12:58 PM BST
xmoneyx     26 Jun 13 11:57 
if you think we're bad--Italy has a massive 31billion scandal breaking

Pfft!! In Ireland we laugh in the face of €31 billion scandals
Report xmoneyx June 26, 2013 1:09 PM BST
to much Guinness Excited
Report clive82 June 26, 2013 1:18 PM BST

Interesting proposal but why stop there? Expand it to a 20% turnover tax on betting exchange transactions as well and the money could come rolling in. It would also give PC payers an entirely different perspective on punitive appropriation.
Report barstool June 26, 2013 1:36 PM BST
Just been watching Ed Balls spout utter drivel on the News.

I cannot bear to hear these people arguing with each other. I Don't watch, Newsnight, Question Time or listen to Jeremy Vine for the Same reason.

Barstool likes a more relaxed lifestyle.Love
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 26, 2013 3:32 PM BST
clive82     26 Jun 13 13:18 

Interesting proposal but why stop there? Expand it to a 20% turnover tax on betting exchange transactions as well and the money could come rolling in. It would also give PC payers an entirely different perspective on punitive appropriation.

Love to Clive but offshore...tax dodge.. etc ect ect as you're company knows so well
Report clive82 June 26, 2013 3:53 PM BST
I don't recall telling you who my employer is or their tax arrangements.

Unless you're playing that thoroughly original game of pretending anyone who doesn't agree with your balmy ideas on gambling prohibition works for a bookmaker. If that was true the list of employees is getting longer by the day... Judges, police, Government, Regulators etc...
Report harold_lloyd June 26, 2013 4:03 PM BST
clive , that is impressive .
not a mention of fobt in the thread title , but within the thread and you sniffed it out .

like flies round sh!te

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

get a life !
Report clive82 June 26, 2013 4:29 PM BST
How long do you normally leave it Harry, before you log in under a different name and agree with yourself?

Incidentally, did you have a lot of imaginary friends when you were growing up?
Report harold_lloyd June 26, 2013 4:30 PM BST
like flies round sh!te

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

get a life !
Report carrot1960 June 26, 2013 4:33 PM BST
lay mark johnston's runners
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 26, 2013 6:09 PM BST
I'm the God of the internet Clive, i know everything even IP no's. I'm watching ya
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 26, 2013 6:10 PM BST
This weeks winner of ''Bet he wished he didn't tweet that'' is  https://twitter.com/halfabear/status/349929746357952512/photo/1
Report Anaglogs Daughter June 26, 2013 6:17 PM BST
‘Lean English’, Tory MP Andrew Selous tells benefit claimants

Wednesday 26 Jun 2013 4:30 pm 
metro.co.uk

A Conservative MP was left wishing he practised what he preached after imploring foreign jobseekers to ‘lean English’.

Andrew Selous, reacting to news that benefit claimants would have to have a basic grasp of English, wrote on Twitter that he ‘strongly support the loss of benefits unless claimants lean English’.

The South West Bedfordshire MP has since deleted the tweet containing the unfortunate typo.

‘You might just like to take [a] second look at that tweet,’ Twitter user Jill Segger replied. ‘And a second look at government cuts to language classes.’

Louise Stowell wrote back to the MP: ‘Lean English – is that a new inspirational business title?’
And Duncan Hothersall added: ‘Were did you lean to rite so good?’

Speaking in the Commons earlier as he unveiled the government’s spending plans, chancellor George Osborne said it was a ‘reasonable requirement’ that anyone on benefits would have to have a basic grasp of English.

‘From now on, if claimants don’t speak English, they will have to attend language courses until they do,’ he told MPs.

‘It will help people find work. But if you’re not prepared to learn English, your benefits will be cut.’

Mr Selous can at least console himself with the fact that he is not alone in having a bad spelling day.

The official introduction to Mr Osborne’s comprehensive spending review says it is the ‘next stage in the government’s plan to move Britian from rescue to recovery’.
Report clive82 June 26, 2013 6:34 PM BST
I'm the God of the internet Clive, i know everything even IP no's. I'm watching ya

Were you pitching at intimidating menace? Because you're somewhere around comical google alert nerd.
Report Bonza Bud June 26, 2013 6:35 PM BST
If you had growth you wouldn't need these cuts - just poor government - It will all change in 2015 when we get rid of these losers.
Report homefortea June 26, 2013 8:21 PM BST
A quick earner would be to put a tax on ribbed condoms that are (allegedly) used by same sex couples...

Clive33 would then have to pay at least £300 per week to spout the s hit e that he keeps on coming up with...
Report homefortea June 26, 2013 8:26 PM BST
Anaglogs Daughter 26 Jun 13 18:09 Joined: 05 Jan 10 | Topic/replies: 29,479 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog

Anaglog you are a English hating benefit sucking hypocrite that lives in Belfast.

Get a job and if you said that that to me I would not be happy.....
Report clive82 June 26, 2013 9:57 PM BST
A quick earner would be to put a tax on ribbed condoms that are (allegedly) used by same sex couples...

Clive33 would then have to pay at least £300 per week to spout the s hit e that he keeps on coming up with...

I genuinely have no idea what that even means. Are you trying to insult me or is it a cry for help? Your insistence on including the brackets screams 'I'm confused!!!'
Report Facts June 26, 2013 11:15 PM BST
Remember One Man     Joined: 15 Mar 07
Replies: 145 26 Jun 13 11:30 
Stop subsidising industries that previous Tory governments sold off so they can pay dividends to their tax avoiding investors. (Railtrack, National Grid, BNF, various and assorted utility providers.)

Stop Osborne flogging off the rest of the nations remaining assets on the cheap or offering tax incentives to his buddies.

Stop Osborne offering tax incentives and avoidance loopholes to those liable for corporate, capital gains or highest rate income tax.

agreed
Report Facts June 26, 2013 11:17 PM BST
barstool     26 Jun 13 13:36 
Just been watching Ed Balls spout utter drivel on the News.

I cannot bear to hear these people arguing with each other. I Don't watch, Newsnight, Question Time or listen to Jeremy Vine for the Same reason.

Barstool likes a more relaxed lifestyle.

How's your head ?

...in the sand !!!
Report toberaheena June 26, 2013 11:38 PM BST
Why not have a referendum in Northern Ireland as is planned for Scotland. Simple.
Report themover June 27, 2013 2:33 AM BST
so far the UK has spent £37 billion on the war in Afghanistan. By 2020 it is estimated it will be at least £40 billion. It costs £15 million per day to maintain the presence in Helmund province. The total cost of this war is the equivalent to free students in higher education for 10 YEARS. Unfortunately the £37 billion has already been p1ssed up the wall but a withdrawal would save a minimum of £3 billion over 7 years and the £15 million per day. The £15 million saved per day I would put on Hugh Taylors selections everyday and if that goes pear-shaped we just have one person to blame instead of a bunch of planks having their cake and eating it in Westminster Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com