Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Owls 6 pts Blades 0
22 Jun 13 15:09
| Topic/replies: 697 | Blogger: Owls 6 pts Blades 0's blog
How fookin bad is he?
Pause Switch to Standard View Jamie Spencer
Show More
Report wonders June 22, 2013 3:10 PM BST
hes hopeless cant really say what I think bout him id be in bother
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:10 PM BST
He rides OK but he is tactically inept, and always has been
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods June 22, 2013 3:11 PM BST
Horse lacked the pace of the others. No fault of the jock (for a change)
Report TRD.Racing June 22, 2013 3:11 PM BST
Yet another totally clueless ride from one of the most over rated jockeys in recent years
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:11 PM BST
Don't talk crap. He was boxed in
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:12 PM BST
to pre fat
Report tel8867 June 22, 2013 3:12 PM BST
always thinks hes riding shergar  he ia an average jockey at best
Report in hell June 22, 2013 3:12 PM BST
Got caught short of pace . No idea why he had it so far back though

Rides nearly every race the same though
Report kavvie June 22, 2013 3:13 PM BST
he lacked pace..not spencers fault
Report TheChaser June 22, 2013 3:13 PM BST
Would not back Frankel if he was on board
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:14 PM BST
If the horse did lack the pace, and the 6 other horses went lickety split, why was he boxed in? Surely the horse was going to need to see daylight. Seemed to accelerate OK once shown an opening
Report kavvie June 22, 2013 3:15 PM BST
hes a melbourne cup horse.hard see him win a g2
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:16 PM BST
It's not the horse. The jockey is tactically incompetent
Report Footiefan111 June 22, 2013 3:16 PM BST
and the sheikhs want to throw money at him from left and right to ride there horses Laugh
Report carrot1960 June 22, 2013 3:17 PM BST
long way back , strange spencer tried to go through the field instead of a clear run which suits his style of running
Report Vacario June 22, 2013 3:18 PM BST
I dont think he gave that horse any chance of being placed
Report TRD.Racing June 22, 2013 3:21 PM BST
The hose did get out paced,the point is why have the horse in such a position knowing once the pace lifted he would be fecked.

He should have been tracking the early leader,not nearly last miles off the pace
Report liberator of the oppressed June 22, 2013 3:24 PM BST
Looked to me like didn't get early position that he would have liked and not quite there but hey ho that's racing. Thought Ryan popped it out and was where he wanted to be but oss not good enough.
Report 18blue4ever78 June 22, 2013 3:26 PM BST
all you kids watching that is not how to ride winners
Report lustrumm June 22, 2013 3:26 PM BST
TBH I'd say the horse won't be left try again until the Melbourne Cup. Spencer is a prick but riding to orders say I'd say
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:27 PM BST
There were only 6 other runners and they went off like a scalded cat. It was a mile and a half. A top jockey should be able to get himself organized in those circumstances
Report motley01 June 22, 2013 3:30 PM BST
Didn't have the horse to go, it now wants further, in that grade anyway.
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:32 PM BST
The horse went fine once it saw some daylight. It was an inept ride by a jockey who has very little tactical nous and I suspect isn't very bright

He rides horses fine but hasn't got a 'racing brain'
Report motley01 June 22, 2013 3:33 PM BST
Ooooh Ok then, you're right.
Report 18blue4ever78 June 22, 2013 3:34 PM BST
couldnt agree more, will go back to avoiding spencer in future.
Report basilbrush June 22, 2013 3:38 PM BST
Been some very poor tactical rides this week, Spencer among them. Wink
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 22, 2013 3:45 PM BST
The thing is, he probably thinks he's one of the best around because of wins on horses like Kiyoshi. Horses that ANY other jockey, including apprentices, could win on.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 22, 2013 3:45 PM BST
The thing is, he probably thinks he's one of the best around because of wins on horses like Kiyoshi. Horses that ANY other jockey, including apprentices, could win on.
Report pauli June 22, 2013 3:45 PM BST
Spencer should really be riding at Redcar today.  There should be no place for him at the premier flat meeting of the season.
Report 718 June 22, 2013 3:47 PM BST
Last time out at Chester over 1m 5f Spencer had the ride ( rather than Moore)

The horse made all and won - which was fair enough

This time he takes the horse to the back, covers it up on the rail ( over 1f less ) and hopes for a gap that never appears

It makes no tactical sense when you have a horse that will stay 2m and doesn't mind being up with the pace or leading

Not a bad ride ( no-one could win from the position he got himself into) just bad tactics that didn't make any sense considering the horse
Report yorkie1 June 22, 2013 3:56 PM BST
718 - you're becoming a total joke son - everything I read from you on 'ere seems to be utter bollox.... there's a theme there - have a long hard look at yourself, log off, and get a life.
Report motley01 June 22, 2013 3:58 PM BST
Lots of bad judges on this thread, I'm afraid, either that, or it's the pocket talking.Sad
Report 718 June 22, 2013 4:13 PM BST
yorkie1 • June 22, 2013 3:56 PM BST
718 - you're becoming a total joke son - everything I read from you on 'ere seems to be utter bollox.... there's a theme there - have a long hard look at yourself, log off, and get a life.

I'm sorry if you're offended yorkie

I'm a very occasional visitor to horse racing  these days.

I'm not sure looking at myself long and hard ( whatever that means!) will do me much good. I maintain that the tactics that the jockey employed were very poor. You are most welcome to disagree or indeed disregard my opinion, however unless the jockey can enlighten  as to why he adopted such perverse tactics I will continue to opine that this was a poor tactical decision - and imo that he is not a tactically astute jockey. As a horseman I think he is OK.

I will be backing next in the 5pm
Report 718 June 22, 2013 4:17 PM BST
And I won't be backing Spencer on the favourite either!
Report TheChaser June 22, 2013 4:27 PM BST
14/1 winner
Report TheChaser June 22, 2013 4:30 PM BST
emma doing interview
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 22, 2013 4:33 PM BST
The race fell into his lap with a crazy early pace. A case of point and shoot and doesn't change my opinion of him. Fair play to GC for giving a mention of a certain ride of his the other day. Mischief
Report motley01 June 22, 2013 4:34 PM BST
Jock said they went slow for a wokinghamShocked
Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 4:36 PM BST
Well done Jamie, but the Sh1t talk continues by the "EXPERTS" who never even stood in a fieldLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report dave1357 June 22, 2013 4:39 PM BST

Jun 22, 2013 -- 10:36AM, timidpeopleruleok wrote:

Well done Jamie, but the Sh1t talk continues by the "EXPERTS" who never even stood in a field

hes a f u c k i n  p r i c k

hth

Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 4:41 PM BST
Well dave, and I really hope this helps, I believe for all his height he grew into a man, you on the other hand grew into the prick whether you realise it or not.
Report telepathic June 22, 2013 4:42 PM BST
Betfair Forum - the chance to air you views and be made a complete pillock half an hour later ..........what a bunch of t*ssersLaughLaugh
Report JEFKA June 22, 2013 4:45 PM BST
I think we all know the type who when they lose the dole money on Thursdays and hurl abuse at the screens in the betting shops. Clearly a lot of them now banned so coming on here to vent their nonsense........
Report dave1357 June 22, 2013 4:50 PM BST

Jun 22, 2013 -- 10:41AM, timidpeopleruleok wrote:

Well dave, and I really hope this helps, I believe for all his height he grew into a man, you on the other hand grew into the prick whether you realise it or not.

No I do my fckin job.  He doesnt do his.  The fckin pos has the gall to say a horse would have won if he'd given him a crack of the whip.  His job is to ride horses to win.  look at his stats - he is far worse than the average jockey on favs.  Why because he is bad at his job.

Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 4:52 PM BST
I have never in my time on here abused a jockey, I refuse to do so, but I have no difficulty in abusing those that so do. I have never been on the dole and I never shout at the screen in the bookies and I also abuse those that do.
Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 4:53 PM BST
dave when you're in a hole boy stop digging
Report JEFKA June 22, 2013 4:55 PM BST
I was referring to the endless slating of jockeys through people talking out of their pockets ,timid, not to you. I tend to take a similar view to yourself on the nonsense that comes out day after day from some of the Muppets on here.
Report Whippin Piccadilly June 22, 2013 4:57 PM BST
JEFKA
22 Jun 13 16:45
Joined:  27 Jun 02 | Topic/replies: 167 | Blogger: JEFKA's blog
I think we all know the type who when they lose the dole money on Thursdays and hurl abuse at the screens in the betting shops. Clearly a lot of them now banned so coming on here to vent their nonsense........

timidpeopleruleok
22 Jun 13 16:52
Joined:  02 Aug 10 | Topic/replies: 57 | Blogger: timidpeopleruleok's blog
I have never in my time on here abused a jockey, I refuse to do so, but I have no difficulty in abusing those that so do. I have never been on the dole and I never shout at the screen in the bookies and I also abuse those that do.

Ha ha. What a complete pair of pricks. Enjoy your winnings!
Report dave1357 June 22, 2013 4:58 PM BST

Jun 22, 2013 -- 10:52AM, timidpeopleruleok wrote:

so you abuse people in the bookies?  lol gl with that hobby

Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 4:59 PM BST
Yes JEFKA it's annoying and then when you give it back they cant take it. Anyway back to racing
Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 5:01 PM BST
dave: don't be so dim, read the post.
Whippin: I  do, that's all i need say to you.
Report Ibrahima Sonko June 22, 2013 5:03 PM BST
i cannot believe he has his horse in a decent position Shocked
Report dave1357 June 22, 2013 5:03 PM BST
ok sorry I misread you abuse ppl on the dole then?  Once again a hobby unlikely to help you collect a pension.
Report timidpeopleruleok June 22, 2013 5:10 PM BST
Glad I cleared that up then, but you still read it as you wish to interpret it, same as you see conspiracies in every race and jockeys not doing their job because you lose, your a pathetic little man no doubt and I will have no difficulty collecting a pension now find another jockey to abuse because that's your forte.(forte=strong point)
Report dave1357 June 22, 2013 5:20 PM BST
no I read it as you wrote it.  "I have never been on the dole and I never shout at the screen in the bookies and I also abuse those that do."  How can that sentence be interpreted in any way other than that you either abuse people who shout at the screen in bookies or people on the dole (or both)?

Anyway I had fun trolling you, so enjoy the rest of your day.
Report TRD.Racing June 22, 2013 8:21 PM BST
All those defending the ride and claiming Spencer not at fault.

The owner has just said it was a very strange ride and he did not ride to instructions. The horse should not have been so far back as it's stamina horse.

So are so clueless on here,it's laughable
Report nightingale June 22, 2013 8:33 PM BST
If u r aware that he prefers to hold his mounts up, then why do u insist on backing him and then knocking him when he gets it wrong ?
Report TRD.Racing June 22, 2013 8:37 PM BST
Hmm I didn't back him for exactly those reasons. The guy is inept
Report 718 June 22, 2013 10:11 PM BST
TRD.Racing 22 Jun 13 20:21

The owner has just said it was a very strange ride and he did not ride to instructions. The horse should not have been so far back as it's stamina horse.

This is the point the critics, including myself, pointed out. The fact that the horse won over 1f further last time out, from the front, makes the tactics employed today even more absurd and indefensible
Report MullahOmar June 22, 2013 10:42 PM BST
He is woefully one dimensional. Weird because he seems intelligent when interviewed but rarely rides with intelligence.

After winning the wokingham he called it a great ride, then said they went too slow. So why was he so far off the pace??

He probably does have lovely hands and can settle horses better than many jocks but by God he nearly always sits too far off the pace. He never seems to make a tactical manouvere when the pace is too slow.

Hughsie was the same 20 years back but quickly became a top all round, bright jock.

It has never happened with Spencer and never will.

He is the only jock in the top 30 who I would never dream of putting up on any horse I owned under any circumstances.
Report Ibrahima Sonko June 22, 2013 10:56 PM BST
obvious nail on the head mullah, i still cant see why anyone in racing would employ him.

I thought fati had escaped but now a stupid arab has brought him.

It doesnt make any sense, JS was a good jockey about 10 years ago but now his one trick is fooked.
Report Facts June 23, 2013 11:21 AM BST
He is woefully one dimensional. Weird because he seems intelligent when interviewed but rarely rides with intelligence.

After winning the wokingham he called it a great ride, then said they went too slow. So why was he so far off the pace??

..er ...something to do with the fact that York Glory doesn't win if he's 'up with the pace' - he's a 'come from behind' finisher. Spencer declared how as worried that he was getting there too soon ( becaue they'd gone so slow) - but in the end YG pace proved decisive.

Some ignorant/ill informed moaners on here.
Report chavman June 23, 2013 11:28 AM BST
you being one of the more prominent
Report Facts June 23, 2013 11:31 AM BST
I think not
Report pedrobob June 23, 2013 11:35 AM BST
my time figures suggest it was a fast race, so Frank can't read pace either.
But then we knew that already.
Explains why he is unable to ride from the front as can't judge fractions.
Report silvergreaser June 23, 2013 11:38 AM BST
One trick pony who likes to over complicate things by trying to emulate Lester Piggott but fails miserably.

Astonished that he still gets so many rides when most journeymen jockeys would do an awful lot better job than this poser.
Report pedrobob June 23, 2013 12:03 PM BST

..er ...something to do with the fact that York Glory doesn't win if he's 'up with the pace' - he's a 'come from behind' finisher. Spencer declared how as worried that he was getting there too soon ( becaue they'd gone so slow) - but in the end YG pace proved decisive.

Before yesterday, 7 wins from 24 starts. 3 held up, 3 tracked leaders, and once made all, the latter the only time has has ever been asked to make the pace in 24 starts and one of the two fastest timefigures of his career.
Spencer had only ridden the horse twice before, so doubt the hold up tactics were because he "knew" how the horse has to be ridden. The jock refuses to contemplate any other way of riding despite his claim a year or two ago that he was willing to listen and adapt his style....
Report 718 June 24, 2013 2:36 PM BST
JEFKA 22 Jun 13 16:55 Joined: 27 Jun 02 | Topic/replies: 188 | Blogger: JEFKA's blog
I was referring to the endless slating of jockeys through people talking out of their pockets ,timid, not to you. I tend to take a similar view to yourself on the nonsense that comes out day after day from some of the Muppets on here.

Your voice of reason seems to have gone unheeded by marwan koukash - Jefka

Sometimes you have to look & think rather than just come out with a stock response that anyone criticizing a jockey is talking nonsense. Sometimes criticism is accurate and warranted. I can't answer you "when?". You have to think to come up with that answer
Report Apologist June 25, 2013 8:22 AM BST
Jamie declined to comment.

Surely AP should ask "How many winners has Dr Koukash ridden?" in Jamie's defence?
Report differentdrum June 25, 2013 10:41 AM BST
Spencer probably gets a buzz riding from a behind and sticking two fingers up at punters on a regularly basis.

Why should he care too much when he has the Qatar job and rides for Koukash and Bell amongst others.

He isn't going to contemplate changing unless the rides dry up. The Lark was an absolutely dreadful ride but is Lady Bamford going to sack him? I doubt it.

The biggest sickener is when he occasionally gets things right and the media are falling over themselves with praise.

These threads will continue until he packs up and no doubt by then some other joker will have taken his place.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com