Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
starfish and coffee
24 May 13 16:21
| Topic/replies: 8,055 | Blogger: starfish and coffee's blog
Dick !
Pause Switch to Standard View Richard hughes
Show More
Report Oh no!! not another Villa fan May 24, 2013 4:26 PM BST
Pocket talkers he did nothing wrong.
Report Roger De Bris May 24, 2013 4:26 PM BST
over 2 furlongs to get a run....LaughLaugh
Report Marcus Cicero May 24, 2013 4:26 PM BST
Yeah looks worse than it actually was.
Report simon9 May 24, 2013 4:26 PM BST
plenty of room to go through when your going forward
Report the beard May 24, 2013 4:27 PM BST
Jockeys get banned for not trying to obtain the best possible placings--surely this is the same scenario
Report andyl May 24, 2013 4:27 PM BST
Pocket talkers he did nothing wrong.

PMSL WHAT RACE R U WATCHING.....HE SHOULD HAVE WON 6 LENGTHS FFS LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 4:28 PM BST
Yep, Colldogg, without barging through.  No chance if he went outside imo. Rides this course better than anyone and sometimes it doesnt go your way.  Get over it.
Report Wesdag May 24, 2013 4:28 PM BST
Watch the head-on guys, the gaps didn't appear until way too late.  I'm with Mellish on that (after he initially questioned the ride).
Report carrot1960 May 24, 2013 4:29 PM BST
mushroom no room he had plenty of room to go outside just inside the final furlong but choose to wait and wait and hope for a gap which did not come
Report the beard May 24, 2013 4:29 PM BST
must go down as worst ride of the season--and no i had no financial involvement
Report duffy May 24, 2013 4:30 PM BST
where was the gap too? he was outpaced in the middle part of the race so he couldn't get himself into a better position earlier.
Report wee eck May 24, 2013 4:31 PM BST
Did any of the pundit on RUK have any comment as to the ride of Hughsie?
Report mushroom23 May 24, 2013 4:31 PM BST
Was hemmed in by piscean on the outside, bunch of pocket talkers here who will be complaning about something else in another 20 minutes
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 4:32 PM BST
no bet here either

perhaps just get it out wide a furlong and a half out, imo would have mowed them down it had that much left in tank.

he was fcuked after choosing to sit there, dodgy gaps but split second later the door was shut on him 2 or 3 times.

one of them you have to grin and bare at times
Report relton May 24, 2013 4:32 PM BST
Yes one of the RUK presenters described it as 'looking a strange ride'!!!
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 4:33 PM BST
if a gap did open people would be saying how cool a ride it was

the margins the jocks have to play with are often miniscule between hero and villain
Report ribero1 May 24, 2013 4:33 PM BST
Think most on here want him to barge through and get 10 days,lol.
Report Shiekh Me Hand May 24, 2013 4:33 PM BST
Eddie Ahern on Wentworth? Crazy
Report doantwin2easy May 24, 2013 4:33 PM BST
for anyone watching again, please tell me why couldn't he have switched outside Piscean at the one marker? nothing there
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 4:34 PM BST
anyone know what it traded in running please ??
Report wee eck May 24, 2013 4:35 PM BST
Thinking about it again I suppose he was very unlucky that the gaps did not appear at the right time,

the other jockeys in the race are not supposed to make way to let one through, does not matter how well

the one that needs a bit of room is going.
Report carrot1960 May 24, 2013 4:35 PM BST
he had a wall of horses in front of him at the furlong pole and not much chance of one appearing ,surely the percentage call was to switch and give the horse half a chance although he would have got a b0llocking if he had got beat by switching
Report the beard May 24, 2013 4:35 PM BST
That was Hughes of old-totally useless
Report hulk23 May 24, 2013 4:35 PM BST
how many years will he get ?
Report the beard May 24, 2013 4:35 PM BST
That was Hughes of old-totally useless
Report andyl May 24, 2013 4:35 PM BST
EXACTLY.....those who defend that ride want a good word with themselves
Report Colldogg May 24, 2013 4:36 PM BST
It traded 1.17 in running. It's funny, Buick won the race and would have also won the race on Wentworth had he been on that horse.
Report jmc27 May 24, 2013 4:36 PM BST
No barging needed switch outside instead of going back into the rail 2f out, he had plenty of time to read the race made the wrong call. Sh!te ride! People justifying are deluded!
Report doantwin2easy May 24, 2013 4:37 PM BST
the beard, he did exactly the same last week.

the truth is there is another day and punters don't matter.

How many other jockeys do we see doing this.
Report Poppydog. May 24, 2013 4:37 PM BST
What was the horse last week he came 3rd on after sitting behind two rags for way too long?
Report gerard May 24, 2013 4:37 PM BST
Howard Hughes got out more than Richard has lately imo.
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 4:37 PM BST
cheers colldogg
Report gman500 May 24, 2013 4:38 PM BST
C+NT
Report jmc27 May 24, 2013 4:38 PM BST
I will add everyone makes mistakes nothing was corrupt and Hughes is a great jockey but he just read the race dreadfully
Report starfish and coffee May 24, 2013 4:38 PM BST
Had he of switched he would have won on the bridle. When you have that much horse under you you don't sit behind a wall hoping for a gap
Report Tallywagger. May 24, 2013 4:39 PM BST
That last winner at Yarmouth could have got boxed in had the jockey not taken a positive, early decision to switch wide. Hughes took way too long in making a decision. I suppose he got what he deserved really.
Report bilbobaggins May 24, 2013 4:41 PM BST
He is a brilliant jockey but even he will admit that was a c**t of a ride.
Report Angel Gabrial May 24, 2013 4:41 PM BST
What was the horse last week he came 3rd on after sitting behind two rags for way too long?

ORIEL -

Oriel 1/2F    2    8-10     Richard Hannon    —    *    *   
Richard Hughes

Tracked leaders, not clear run 2f out, travelling well when not clear run again and baulked 1f out, switched left inside final furlong and still green, finished strongly to press for 2nd, not recover to get to winner (op 4/7, tchd 4/6 on places)Cry
Report bilbobaggins May 24, 2013 4:42 PM BST
Of course - he was a c**t on that as well.
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 4:43 PM BST
His draw dictated where he raced and we can all be geniuses after the event......you may just as well call contestants idiots for not opening their box on Deal Or No Deal once it's been revealed the £250k was inside.

The draw put him on the rail and he got outpaced for a while before then picking up and coming back onto the bridle and twice gaps momentarily appeared but then close almost as quickly and did stay long enough to push a horse through. If it was a non-trier then he wouldn't have made the effort to get a run on a few occasions by switching.

The owners aren't exactly in the game to pick up a few quid on a punt next time either.
Report gman500 May 24, 2013 4:43 PM BST
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC UNNNT
Report Jungle May 24, 2013 4:44 PM BST
if it had been a journeyman jockey he would have been slated by the experts, once again scared to tackle the top jockeys. thats one of the worst rides i have seen, purely a prep race for something bigger no effort made.
Report Homer Simpson May 24, 2013 4:45 PM BST
It is easy from the armchair If he clips heels switching he would look a lot worse. 3 yo  colt against older handicappers, not one to take a short price about anyway. Something with good potential not going to risk in a small race. Jocks try to consider safety first not punters' bets, except Mr Dettori who is the punters' friend.
Report starfish and coffee May 24, 2013 4:45 PM BST
Ima mazed you don't half talk some sh1te
Report Poppydog. May 24, 2013 4:47 PM BST
Both awful rides, but the ride on Oriel was much worse. More stupidity than bad luck
Report Facts May 24, 2013 4:53 PM BST
60 posts. sad lot.
Report differentdrum May 24, 2013 5:01 PM BST
If ever RUK need a few more excuse merchants look no further - is this forum full of jockey's agents by any chance? Hard to know what was worse there - the actual ride or the subsequent analysis? Have to say Mellish almost broke ranks but Machin expertly steered him back in line. The analysis should have been quite simple. Hughes should have realised the potential problems and switched outside at a much earlier stage. Could easily have gone five wide and still won. Bottom line was he didn't care enough about winning this race and it was an awful ride.
Report doantwin2easy May 24, 2013 5:05 PM BST
I have definite suspicions about a few, Different
Report fby May 24, 2013 5:12 PM BST
Just watched the replay. Hughes exactly finished where he wanted: Behind the winner. Now I understand the drift of Wentworth before the race started.
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 5:19 PM BST
starfish and coffee
Ima mazed you don't half talk some sh1te

I'm glad you said that as I've seen your level of knowledge and intellect and it reassures me by comparison that I must be doing something right.

For example if you took my view to task on each point then I'd have a least some respect for your views, (although you can't anyway because what I have said was accurate) but like I mentioned, that would take some level of intellect and that's clearly way beyond you, so you make do with the best you can offer with your previous comment.....I suppose I should pity you really eh? :)

Anyway what exactly did I say that was supposed to be sh1te? I'll break it down into bite sized pieces for you here:

I said Hughes's racing position was dictated by his draw and that put him on the rail - he was drawn in stall 8 which was one off the rail....oh and you also have to ride the first part of the race to your draw too.

I said he got a bit outpaced for a while - he was being ridden between the 3f-2f mark and others were travelling better before coming back onto the bridle again.

I also said brief gaps twice came for about a stride or two and closed just as quickly - this happened just after the 2f and again just before the 1f pole and then he switched to try to get a run once knowing he was running out of time.

Please feel free to tell me which out of all of that is wrong. I think I see your problem though, because you have an inability to see things for yourself and so just come up with any old b0ll0cks, you mistakenly think those who can must be talking sh1te.

HTH. Happy
Report silvergreaser May 24, 2013 5:20 PM BST
Just watched it myself to see what all the fuss was about, my honest opinion is Hughes tried to win showboat style hoping the gap would appear and then win hard held on the bridle, he had ample time to switch.
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 5:23 PM BST
At which point during the race when he always had 4 or 5 horses to his outside hemming him in should he have switched?
Report silvergreaser May 24, 2013 5:28 PM BST
I dont know what race you were looking at ima?, once piscean had moved on there was a clear gap there for what seemed an eternity for him to switch out, he was always a showboater, take a look at his ride on Trumptet Major at the Goodwood festival last year, struggling for a gap, then gets the gap then inexplicably takes a pull instead of going for his race, and ended up dead heating a race he should've won outright.
Report doantwin2easy May 24, 2013 5:29 PM BST
ima have a look for the big back and white pole marked 1
Report Colldogg May 24, 2013 5:38 PM BST
ima_mazed66 saying Hughes racing position was dictated by his draw. FFS it was a 7 runner race, in which 1 totally blew the start. Hardly a 24runner 1mile handicap field or 24runner 2mile hurdle race ExcitedCrazy
Report Marcce May 24, 2013 5:39 PM BST
I think the big mistake he's made was to be convinced Annunciation was going to fall away on the rail and let him through there. That one had pulled early and was under pressure from the 3 pole plus Hughes has ridden it before so obviously knows the horse well. Perhaps with it being Ryan on the stablemate he was thinking he might be let through but from what I saw he was never contemplating the outside.
Report screaming from beneaththewaves May 24, 2013 5:41 PM BST
Wentworth was an enhanced Lock-In price in Ladbrokes shops just before midday. They went 5/2 while it was 3.3 on here.
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 5:43 PM BST
At the 1f pole he had 2 horses on his outer and one just behind and coming up on his outer, and I doubt anyway even if he could have got out that running sideways to switch around that many at the stage of the race would have given him enough time to balance and straighten his horse again, and we saw that with Camelot in the Leger when he only had to switch around one horse and they were going a fair bit slower than in this race.

Hughes did switch one horse wider inside the final half a furlong and then momentarily there was a gap to come through which soon closed when the jockey on the outer with his whip in his right hand used it and drifted back inside to close the gap.
Report wee eck May 24, 2013 5:44 PM BST
It was an unlucky ride which looked terrible because was going so well. One of those things.
Report Nige down south May 24, 2013 5:47 PM BST
I had £25 EW on the winner, not many times I say this but lucky lucky me.
Report starfish and coffee May 24, 2013 5:53 PM BST
Ima I've probably forgot more than you know but I'm in a good mood today so I'll humour you.

you may just as well call contestants idiots for not opening their box on Deal Or No Deal once it's been revealed the £250k was inside.

Once you start comparing that ride to a television show that is when I know you have lost it and are talking nonsense. You then go on to say he had no gap which shows your total lack of understanding regarding race reading. He had more than enough time and horse under him to switch widest of all and still win on the bridle.You only have to look at him crossing the line to get a good idea of how much was left in the tank.

Then there was this beauty from you

The owners aren't exactly in the game to pick up a few quid on a punt next time either.

What on earth have the owners got to do with this ?

Put it this way if today was the day and it had been backed do you think he would have sat in behind the front two like a statue ? They clearly have another day in mind.

I've read some of your previous posts and when you're not talking nonsense like this you're usually trying to convince everyone how innocent and misguided Kieren Fallon is. I sometimes wonder if you might be Kieren's bit on the side or just on a fishing trip.
Report Nirnaeth Arnoediad May 24, 2013 5:56 PM BST
Wentworth was an enhanced Lock-In price in Ladbrokes shops just before midday. They went 5/2 while it was 3.3 on here.

Irrelevant imho, trust me they haven't got a scoobie.

As I speak you could have had 5/1 Bob Lewis (from 4/1) now 15/8. Need I say more!!
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 5:58 PM BST
I'm afraid Colldogg that you have just shown both your lack of racing knowledge and common sense there.

The rules say you have to keep straight coming out of the stalls for the first 75 yard or so (don't pick me up on the finer detail) and by then where you get the chance to race for the rest of it can already be decided by the position of other horses around you and where you were drawn.

Even in a 24 runner race that you mention it's not the other 23 holding you in and is usually only one 2 or 3 others and I've seen cavalry charge fields split into groups and a horse not get a clear run in a group of 4 or 5 and you can even get no run in a 3-4 runner race, and Hughes himself basically lose the Abdullan job by getting boxes in in a smaller field than today's when having other horses ahead of him and another to his outer.

Of course it's more likely to get no run in a bigger field but this wasn't a race where they all got strung out or came off a bend where to a greater degree you can pick and choose where you want to go.
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 6:35 PM BST
If you have forgotten more than I know starfish and coffee then maybe that's your problem and you should really try to retain information as it's likely to hold you in good stead for the next time. Happy

The TV game show thing was an analogy and I could have used 101 other examples but forgive me for not realising it was beyond you to work that out, the point being we can all be wise after the event, which I'm sure I had already said anyway.

I know full well Hughes's horse had plenty of horse under him but you still need to get a run in order to win and he barely rode a finish due to not getting the run and was still only just beaten.

You then ask what have the owners got to do with it and then seemingly contradict yourself by saying they clearly have another day in mind. In mind for what exactly? Often when these non-trier accusations are made its because they have "another day in mind" so do you get more prize money if you lose a previous race and then win the one where you have another day in mind? If not then why not win both races, unless you are alluding to something else with your use of "another day in mind."

Oh and all I've ever said about Fallon is that the Ballinger Ridge ride was a monumental human error c0ck up and nothing more.
Report kavvie May 24, 2013 6:41 PM BST
i agree re bollinger ridge for sure.anyone thinks he stopped it dont understand how it works.if he wanted to stop it he wouldnt have gone clear.i laid the rh one today and laid it in a match with the fav so i was double lucky.but he couldnt do anything.there was one outside him to stop him gong there and no gap opened.o he had to sit and wait.end of.one top watch next time id say.but many unlucky ones start short nto and fil to win.
Report starfish and coffee May 24, 2013 6:43 PM BST
"Oh and all I've ever said about Fallon is that the Ballinger Ridge ride was a monumental human error c0ck up and nothing more."

Please, just stop it. Now I know you're fishing. That is all from me, all the best.
Report differentdrum May 24, 2013 6:54 PM BST
I think the spade has been well and truly worn out.
Report vantastic54 May 24, 2013 7:05 PM BST
Todays ride was poor.In many respects speaks volumes for the character of Ritchard Hughes.On by far the best horse in the race  and attempts to win snugly,events conspire against him,gets caught out and loses.No surprise to this poster why a guy with his obvious talent only has one classic win in Britain.Hughes likes to showboat and look the part rather than getting on with the job in hand by more straightforward means.Check out the horses 4 runs to date,all ridden by Hughes,Hampered,Trapped in,not clear run,had to be switched etc.York,Newbury,Goodwood all wide tracks,twice in 7 runner fields,found trouble in all races too date.Abdullah ,a loyal owner,couldnt tolerate it any more.Just an opinion.
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 7:38 PM BST
I suggest you go over the Youtube starfish and coffee and watch the video of the Ballinger Ridge race again and see Fallon look over the wrong shoulder for the winner and then try to get his horse going after the second look over his shoulder once the winner moved off the rail behind him and into the course centre......then do your best to not forget what you have just seen eh?

All the best to you too. Happy
Report Nige down south May 24, 2013 8:05 PM BST
I myself backed Ballinger Ridge, in the days when I used to bet on here.

I lost a couple of grand on the race and apart from swearing at Mr Fallon for a huge cockup that was all it was IMO.
Report Howellsy May 24, 2013 9:12 PM BST
It won't be looking such a poor ride after his next run.
Report Roger De Bris May 24, 2013 9:25 PM BST
Hughesy said it's one for your notebooks lads....
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 9:33 PM BST
Vantastic - Form an opinion and then search for evidence to back it up

What evidence do you have from today's race that Hughes tried to win "snugly", and why on earth would he?.  Even if they thought the horse's future lies in handicaps (which it doesn't, imo) they need a higher not lower mark to get into the big RA races.     

"Found trouble in all races to date". This is B olloc ks isn't it?  Where did he find "trouble" at Newbury in his last run. Looked like he might get beat for a stride or two but this is not the same thing is it?.
Report larrence May 24, 2013 9:46 PM BST
I remember reading a bit on hughes and he said at goodwood if you know you are on the best horse in the race you want to attack on the outside.
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 10:19 PM BST
Larrence - Assuming he said that, his riding at the course suggests he does not listen to his own adviceWink, and if he did, I doubt he was thinking about 6f races with the stalls against the stands rail, riding a horse drawn 8 of 9.
Report brain dead jockeys May 24, 2013 10:20 PM BST
that is the worst case of "ive no where to go" i have Ever seen...............HE HAD 2 FURLONGS TO DO SOMETHING............IT WAS PATETHIC
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 10:24 PM BST
brain dead - that was my initial impression too, but having watched the reply, at what precise point in the race would you have done something different?. I am assuming you have watched the replay!
Report ima_mazed66 May 24, 2013 10:24 PM BST
And he also had all but the one on the rail ahead of him holding him in throughout the race and those 2 furlongs.

Maybe he should have just recklessly barged his way through to make his own gap for a run like that one in Ireland the other day that got thrown out.
Report holywell May 24, 2013 10:33 PM BST
The fact they ran this horse over 6 furlongs today tells you this was a sharpener for a more important assignment. Hughes has missed some important meetings in the past for riding offences in minor races. He was never going to take the risk today when they weren't bothered if the horse won or not. I can understand people being annoyed with Hughes, but, if you watched the market drift you wouldn't have backed the horse bearing in mind the connections.
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 10:35 PM BST
blackbarn if he'd chosen to get out 1 1/2 furlongs out and come wide, di you think he'd of won the race.

he had nowhere to go once he decided to wait for a run through as gaps were fleeting and shut, he probably would have had to barge his way out.

obviously you dont want to have to go wide usually but the horse was pulling a train and would of flown once being able to go forward out wider.

jockeys have to make these decisions they are only human but to think he couldn't of won if switching from 2f to 1 1/2 out is wrong imo
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 10:37 PM BST
they have an exciting horse there though when you consider it should of won that race over 6 and stayed a mile well last season!
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 10:51 PM BST
Striding - All about opinions. I don't think he could have reasonably switched (right)outside at ANY point in the race. I think he could have gone for the gap he eventually went for (between 1st and 2nd) earlier than he did, before the furlong pole, even though it did not open up till a bit later.

My issue with the criticism of Hughes in this race is not about whether he could/should have won, BUT that he deliberately lost or was protecting the horse's mark. This in my view is total boll ocks.  The horse is probably group class and in any event needed a higher mark to get into the big RA Handicaps AND I am not sure Hughes knew exactly what he was sitting on BEFORE the race, or even after a furlong and a half.
Report doantwin2easy May 24, 2013 10:54 PM BST
Spot on Striding although he would have needed to have waited until the 1 pole to go round the winner. 4 wide yes but that's not unusual. We see this all the time.

He actually waited until below the 1/2f pole by which time it was way too late and even then he tried to come between horses.

The reality is the gap was unlikely to come. Don't fool yourself into believing Richard didn't know this. But it really is inconsequential to all but the punter. The horse will have other days.

If this was a one off you could give him the benefit but it happens again and again.

For what it is worth, I think his talent is unreal. Nobody has more balance, rhythm and synergy with a horse.

Nothing is more frustrating than a brilliant jockey on the best horse that doesn't have the will to win at most costs - whatever the reason may be.
Report doantwin2easy May 24, 2013 10:57 PM BST
Blackbarn, it's not about protecting the horses mark for me. It's about not giving the horse too much to think about. But where do we draw the line in terms of people risking their hard earned.

We all know the trip was inadequate.

There are degrees of this kind of approach and this kind of ride really does polarise one end of it.
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 11:00 PM BST
yeah thats rubbish they wont be concerned about protecting a mark i totally agree with that, nonsense.

seen it many times over the other side of the track and seen hughes ride the perfect race coming wide over there. a track where putting your eggs in one basket up the rails can make you look a real mug!
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 11:12 PM BST
doantwin2easy - sound posts. I actually think he might have gone outside of the winner IF Johannes had faded faster, Once it had, he was pretty committed to go between winner and second when a gap appeared.
Report Captain Christy May 24, 2013 11:13 PM BST
If it was an important race he would sure as hell have done all he could to win it, clearly he hasn't and should have been pulled for that.
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 11:20 PM BST
Sounds like we are all in violent agreement that Hughes was NOT protecting this horses mark!!

Striding - re the other side of the track, There, Hughes "masterclasses" consist more of threading the needle than they do of coming wide. Stats welcome, but I go there a lot!.
Report blackbarn May 24, 2013 11:22 PM BST
.....Except for the great Captain!.
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 11:25 PM BST
i've watched it a few times now again

i think there was definitely room to get out wider at least away from the rails behind my son max about half way, he could of easily got past that to the right and had better options from there.

when you think tariq too drawn stall outside blew the start and still got a run down the outside before having to make up so much ground told later, it shows that there was room for maneuver earlier in the race, the decision was made very early i'm staying inside and looking for things to open out.

just one of them things have to feel for those who backed it but that racing, i'm glad he didn't barge his way out, dangerous when that happens!
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 11:27 PM BST
i agree now that once inside 2f it was too late and hands were somewhat tied.
Report stridingedge May 24, 2013 11:37 PM BST
watch his ride on producer when stalls were over far side and he was drawn 1 off rails

he got in a bit of trouble and dropped back to come round the field, for a minute he pointed to the inside but changed mind quickly and forfeited ground to drop back come wide down the outside and get up late.

that to me was a superb ride
Report millhouse May 24, 2013 11:38 PM BST
The problem imho, is this 'ride with confidence' mantra.

Most of them just don't think getting yourself in a position as soon as possible where you are guaranteed a clear run is that important...
Report dan hardcore May 25, 2013 1:05 AM BST
blackbarn - he would've easily got in the britannia off 92.
Report duffy May 25, 2013 2:21 AM BST
Looked at it again and the argument that many are saying about him having plenty of time to switch out wide, this could only have been done at about 1.5 furlongs out because before that and johannes was still hemming in him.

So he's got a furlong and a half to edge himself out 3 or 4 horses wide in the process losing ground and momentum,and he barely had any momentum anyway because he's trapped and not travelling at any pace so the ground he would lose would be exaggerated even more against horses ahead that are properly racing, at the same time he has to watch out that he doesn't cut up tariq too that is just in behind out wide, could he have done that...doubtful.

What is for definite is that it didn't work the way he played it so people are screaming blue murder that he didn't try a different strategy that "may" have worked, vice versa may well still have applied in all eventuality.
Report nugg May 25, 2013 2:51 AM BST
Ultimately with Wentworth, the best horse didn't win, whether that was bad luck or bad jockeyship is open to debate, having watched the race a few times I would opt for combination of the two
Report MJK May 25, 2013 9:19 AM BST
Last season Hughes cut out a lot of his showboating, rode a lot more horses up with the pace and won the jockeys championship. Seems to have gone back to is previous ways this season.
Report MJK May 25, 2013 9:20 AM BST
Last season Hughes cut out a lot of his showboating, rode a lot more horses up with the pace and won the jockeys championship. Seems to have gone back to is previous ways this season.
Report Can't Catch Me May 25, 2013 2:18 PM BST
Oops
Report ima_mazed66 May 25, 2013 2:50 PM BST
Colldogg
ima_mazed66 saying Hughes racing position was dictated by his draw. FFS it was a 7 runner race, in which 1 totally blew the start. Hardly a 24runner 1mile handicap field or 24runner 2mile hurdle race

ima_mazed66   
I'm afraid Colldogg that you have just shown both your lack of racing knowledge and common sense there.

Even in a 24 runner race that you mention it's not the other 23 holding you in and is usually only one 2 or 3 others...

There you go Colldogg, Cathy Gannon on Van Percy just got out of jail when trapped on the rail in what effectively became a 3 horse race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com