Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Stamford Bridge
20 Mar 13 18:00
| Topic/replies: 186 | Blogger: Stamford Bridge's blog
Surely this maiden is the proverbial Match although UK maidens can often leave one with Egg on their chin afterwards !!! The race revolves around Roger Varian's KOHLAAN who cost 105K .His dam is a full sister to Kirkwall. So far she has produced three winners from three runners including. Gr 1 winner Temagant and Stakes placed Splinter Cell. KOHLAAN was third on his Lingfield debut despite missing the break he got a dream run off the bend and did well to give the well regarded Andrew Balding favourite a proper race before fading to 3rd ! He looked a real  eyecatcher, the big concern tonight is a terrible draw out in 13. The first time hood is a ploy Varian has used to regular success this Season. The form of that race worked out well as 2nd and 4th both won next time out !

The danger and only realistic danger is the well regarded  HORNBOY who showed little in a warm Newmarket maiden won by a big Gosden talking horse SEEK AGAIN. HORNBOY was next seen at Goodwood where he was only a 7/2 chance for a maiden auction race and from a poor draw he ran ok without being knocked about to finish 3rd to Roger Charlton's DON MARCO.

The choice for punters is whether to take the more obvious claims of the poorly drawn KOHLAAN or go with the solid Goodwood form of the better drawn HORNBOY. That Goodwood maiden that HORNBOY was 3rd in has been a good source for future winners so its solid form.
Is there a chance of something outside the front 2 wining,well if there is it will either be Hannon's once raced ENDORSING or Andrew Balding's debutant FLORIDA BEAT. But reports of KOHLAAN'S good homework with FARAAJ have seen this horse shorten all day I think he'll just shade it but the bad draw in 13 is the worry and precludes from going in head down. Still think he'll just edge it !!! Whoops
Pause Switch to Standard View "Match Of the Day" 5-45 Kempton
Show More
Report TheJudge March 20, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
I think Absolutely So is a real decent type, I could be wrong, so having completely fulffed the start and managed to get fairly close without being knocked about was a good debut imo

if Atzeni kicks on and gets across he wins for me, this race should be decided in the first furlong or two
Report TheJudge March 20, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
*Kohlaan that is
Report Stamford Bridge March 20, 2013 5:10 PM GMT
Yeah that Lingfield maiden was a cracker and ABSOLOTELY SO was in Baldings top 3 two year old's ! If KOHLAAN was drawn better he'd be a moral,so as you say it's vital Atenzi is alert from traps as the draw bias in Kempton is quite pronounced. I saw Richard Hughes win a race from a bad draw here in October ,the key is breaking smart but not running your race in the first 400 yards,once he breaks on terms grabs a nice slot he can hold his position before kicking on two out ! Lots of dead meat in this rqace in relity only 3 or 4 should count from two furlongs out !!!! Excited Will be hard to beat if the Pilot is tuned in from traps !
Cool
Report Stamford Bridge March 20, 2013 5:11 PM GMT
Yeah that Lingfield maiden was a cracker and ABSOLOTELY SO was in Baldings top 3 two year old's ! If KOHLAAN was drawn better he'd be a moral,so as you say it's vital Atenzi is alert from traps as the draw bias in Kempton is quite pronounced. I saw Richard Hughes win a race from a bad draw here in October ,the key is breaking smart but not running your race in the first 400 yards,once he breaks on terms grabs a nice slot he can hold his position before kicking on two out ! Lots of dead meat in this rqace in relity only 3 or 4 should count from two furlongs out !!!! Excited Will be hard to beat if the Pilot is tuned in from traps !
Cool
Report Stamford Bridge March 20, 2013 5:12 PM GMT
Yeah that Lingfield maiden was a cracker and ABSOLOTELY SO was in Baldings top 3 two year old's ! If KOHLAAN was drawn better he'd be a moral,so as you say it's vital Atenzi is alert from traps as the draw bias in Kempton is quite pronounced. I saw Richard Hughes win a race from a bad draw here in October ,the key is breaking smart but not running your race in the first 400 yards,once he breaks on terms grabs a nice slot he can hold his position before kicking on two out ! Lots of dead meat in this race in relity only 3 or 4 should count from two furlongs out !!!! Excited Will be hard to beat if the Pilot is tuned in from traps !
Cool
Yeah that Lingfield maiden was a cracker and ABSOLOTELY SO was in Baldings top 3 two year old's ! If KOHLAAN was drawn better he'd be a moral,so as you say it's vital Atenzi is alert from traps as the draw bias in Kempton is quite pronounced. I saw Richard Hughes win a race from a bad draw here in October ,the key is breaking smart but not running your race in the first 400 yards,once he breaks on terms grabs a nice slot he can hold his position before kicking on two out ! Lots of dead meat in this race in relity only 3 or 4 should count from two furlongs out !!!! Excited Will be hard to beat if the Pilot is tuned in from traps !
Cool
Cool
Report chavman March 20, 2013 5:19 PM GMT
can you repeat that please
Report TheJudge March 20, 2013 5:23 PM GMT
I think she's a class jockey Andrea she'll be kicking this one early especially if its fancied
Report Roquebrune March 20, 2013 5:24 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Roquebrune March 20, 2013 5:25 PM GMT
Endorsing,gl
Report Virgin March 20, 2013 5:44 PM GMT
Deal Me In    / Little Alice

small win punt gl
Report Roger De Bris March 20, 2013 5:50 PM GMT
a match...indeed...Cry
Report TheJudge March 20, 2013 5:50 PM GMT
Endorsing,gl

wd mate

back to the kitchen Andrea fs
Report Virgin March 20, 2013 5:51 PM GMT
RCoolquebrune   
Report TheJudge March 20, 2013 5:51 PM GMT
*Roquebrune
Report Roger De Bris March 20, 2013 5:51 PM GMT
Fallons tip for the jockey championship....ATZENI....LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Ylime March 20, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
wd Roquebrune Cool
Report Roquebrune March 20, 2013 6:00 PM GMT
Only just seen the result Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com