Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bellfunk
13 Mar 13 20:54
| Topic/replies: 891 | Blogger: bellfunk's blog
Got to be the Gigginstown banker?
Pause Switch to Standard View First Lieutenant - Ryanair
Show More
Report Dr Gonzo March 13, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
I reckon so
Report portmanpark March 13, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
tough race but he is the most likely to run his race....certainly a placepot banker
Report BornToWin March 13, 2013 8:18 PM GMT
Cue Card the Tizzard's flagship representative Mischief
Report carrot1960 March 13, 2013 8:39 PM GMT
davy russell's charity bet at mulholland's preview night if he went for the race , mouse morris wanted to go for the gold cup and seeing as he is not one to tilt at windmills and the owner wants to win his own race you know its trying for all its worth
Report Tucho March 13, 2013 8:50 PM GMT
2nd place by a nose in the lexus, he was hardly crying out for a drop back in trip

i think he'll run to his usual high standard but cue card will win
Report akaBirdman March 13, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
FL must be the most over-rated horse in the race - Cue Card's form is definitely superior..
Report halcyon days March 13, 2013 9:58 PM GMT
For me C C should be FAV; fantastic VALUE !
Report durose13 March 13, 2013 9:59 PM GMT
The Banker of the week
Albertas - too old,Champion - a dog,Cue Card - hard race lto,For Non Stop - best when fresh,Ghizao - 2nd,Menorah - fall, Riverside - fekked after last yrs race. FL oi oi
Report halcyon days March 13, 2013 10:02 PM GMT
^ Can't agree with that mate, jumped like a stag last time... the right trip... and not far enough for F L  !
Report halcyon days March 13, 2013 10:02 PM GMT
Plus, course form exemplary !
Report durose13 March 13, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
that french photographer back tomoorrow seeking revenge on a Wheatley horse ^
Report halcyon days March 13, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
Think they make them stand further back, other snapper will be snapped !
Report halcyon days March 13, 2013 10:09 PM GMT
*wise
Report suzyspitfire March 13, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
Everytime Cue Card jumps a fence you had to hold your breath if you backed him.
Report kaycee March 14, 2013 12:17 AM GMT
FL's two best runs have come at the festival. Beat Rock on Ruby in the Neptune and then just outstayed by Bobs Worth in the RSA. Attacking ride over a stiff 2m5f on halfway decent ground is right up his street IMHO. Most of the winners of this race have managed to win at 3m as well like Imperial Commander, Albertas Run, Taranis, Our Vic, so it looks to favour a strong stayer over the trip rather than a horse that just lacks the gears for 2m. Reckon he's a good thing
Report metro john March 14, 2013 12:59 AM GMT
yes bellfunk no better chance!
Report bellfunk March 14, 2013 10:06 AM GMT
Thanks to all the FL supporters, i'm balls deep on it Happy
Report SoYouThink March 14, 2013 10:32 AM GMT
No Irish trainer winner in 8 years of this race. 19 have contested it. The closest was Mossbank who finished second in 2008. Rathgar Beau, Schlinders Hunt and Rubi Light all finished third.
Report bellfunk March 14, 2013 10:35 AM GMT
Yes, SYT, i know that stat all too well, but it has to be broken sometime and i don't think a classy a horse such as FL has ever contested it.
Report SoYouThink March 14, 2013 10:42 AM GMT
I think Champion Court will give a bold sight from the front bellfunk. I backed him in last year's Jewson but had kinda forgotten about him since. Ran a nice race in the King George and I'm prepared to excuse his latest run in a three runner race.

First Lieutenant is no doubt classy but I'd be in the minority - I think he'd run a better race in the Gold Cup (admittedly this is a weaker field). He has hit the crossbar at a lot of times too which worries me - a couple of races he ought to have won which he didnt, i.e. Punchestown last season and Down Royal this season. Disappointed behind Sizing Europe at Gowran Park. Priced on his Cheltenham runs and effort behind Bobs Worth in the Hennessy but other bits of form worry me....is he consistent enough to be backing at that price?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com