Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
subaru
09 Mar 13 20:07
| Topic/replies: 424 | Blogger: subaru's blog
Sad to see this invading NH...usually only happens in the summer when there's no football for the louts to go to...

Racing Post ‏@RacingPost
Seven people were arrested and two taken to hospital by ambulance following a disturbance outside the main entrance at Sandown after racing.
Pause Switch to Standard View Fight night after Sandown racing...
Show More
Report Makybe_Diva March 9, 2013 8:12 PM GMT
Very disappointing to here that.
Report Makybe_Diva March 9, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
*hear Blush
Report homefortea March 9, 2013 8:17 PM GMT
Probably saw the each-way terms offered for the Imperial Cup.I would be angry and fighting if I had backed the third at a fifth the odds 1-2-3....
Report SlippyBlue March 9, 2013 8:18 PM GMT
Happened at Kempton with West Brom 'fans' on the rampage and of course more recently the Welsh at Newbury beating each other up.
I have absolutely no problem with Welsh people inficting g.b.h upon each other but would rather it didn't happen at a racecourse.
Report allpoints March 9, 2013 8:22 PM GMT
Kelso last Saturday.
Fight broke out at the back of the stand & in front of the Books.Jobs worth just stood back,made no attempt to stop it,turned around walked away & let them get on with it.He certainly wasn't going to get involved,what do they get paid for?
Report intheknow March 9, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
Did that happen down towards your pitch allpoints?
Report racingstar March 9, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
"Come Racing".
Report SlippyBlue March 9, 2013 8:29 PM GMT
When it happened at Kempton there was not a rozzer to be seen for miles let alone any on the track.
Report MJK March 9, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
Apparantely the row broke out after the crowd were told that Paul Moloney had slipped out the back way.
Report mange March 9, 2013 8:36 PM GMT
The clue is leave the fight if its them & them  (cct) most fights last abt 20 secs ...then the henches move in & they dont want to know.

A race course is abt the only place that U can have an 18th birthday & when there skint & drunk...........beinging told that their footy team is crap......................
Report homefortea March 9, 2013 8:43 PM GMT
Seen many fights at racecourses but never seen an innocent get involved if they stand back...

What do you expect if you try and lure coach parties in from different areas...
Report larrence March 9, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
why people can't behave nowdays lightweights after a few shandys, the worst part is kids seeing it at the racecourses. SadCrazy
Report Anaglogs Daughter March 9, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
Reports of a stabbing at Sandown after racing today,
Report homefortea March 9, 2013 8:57 PM GMT
Must have been Variety Club Day then Anaglog....Laugh
Report shamokin March 9, 2013 9:02 PM GMT
was anita harris or the taxi driver from eastenders there homefortea?
Report elise March 9, 2013 9:03 PM GMT
sandown for me one of the worst courses for encouraging drinking & the wrong people

saw enough a few years ago and never been back
Report factmachine March 9, 2013 9:09 PM GMT
INTHEKNOW VERY RARELY GOES ELISE????
Report Meade in England March 9, 2013 9:17 PM GMT
I visited Haydock almost couple of years back (Helicarnisos won the old newton cup)and a couple of  fights broke out there ....group of lads in suits charging out the stands to try and beat the hell out of folk.....not impressed at all with the place tbh.Guess that would be stag dos on the way to Blackpool after racing.
Report elise March 9, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
i was excluding bookies from the wrongun bracket, they never made me think twice about attending a track
Report factmachine March 9, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
AND THESE ARE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THE CLUELESS RACECOURSES WANT TO ATTRACT,TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE GENUINE RACEGOERSad
Report homefortea March 9, 2013 9:23 PM GMT
Shamokin....

Always stabbing on Variety Club Day - yet no-one ever complains....
Report elise March 9, 2013 9:28 PM GMT
yup, short term beer and food revenues more important than long term fans of the sport, i can appreciate it's a difficult time and they need to attract people in the gate but some of the target audience are not racing people, some are just plain dross
Report homefortea March 9, 2013 9:44 PM GMT
Does Dale Winton still attend Sandown...
Report MadVlad March 9, 2013 9:48 PM GMT
allpoints
09 Mar 13 20:22
| Topic/replies: 1,140 | Blogger: allpoints's blog
Kelso last Saturday.
Fight broke out at the back of the stand & in front of the Books.Jobs worth just stood back,made no attempt to stop it,turned around walked away & let them get on with it.He certainly wasn't going to get involved,what do they get paid for?

^ If you were that jobsworth allpoints would you jump in and risk a kicking or let them knock 10 bells out of each other and then mop up ?
Report MadVlad March 9, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
just a thought Mischief
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 9, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
was at chester a few years back when fancied nipping in for a pint...soon gave that a miss when i was greeted by hoardes of drunken

revellers singing RUGBY songs..!!!
Report SlippyBlue March 9, 2013 10:23 PM GMT
Friday nights at The July Course was heaving with non race goers who were there for the gigs afterwards, never saw any trouble there surpsingly enough.
Report elise March 9, 2013 10:33 PM GMT
never felt rough at newmarket although i moved to the other side of the country before it became as commercial as now

most of the acts back then although good in their day were abit past it by the time they dropped to racecourse gigs
Report Dr Gonzo March 9, 2013 10:37 PM GMT
Meade in England,

Guess that would be stag dos on the way to Blackpool after racing.

Haydock, for one, have created themselves as a stag do venue in itself. They positively encourage big groups to go along.
Report EastLower Gooner March 9, 2013 10:38 PM GMT
its those vile tottenham fans...booo hisss.
Report Born Unlucky March 9, 2013 10:52 PM GMT
Kicks off at Ayr all the timeSad.
Report theressomepratsonhere March 10, 2013 7:56 AM GMT
homefortea    you forgot to mention you could get 1st 5 1/4 on the rails at sandown but then again you would not know that as you never leave the flat
Report yeast March 10, 2013 9:28 AM GMT
Can't speak for the rails as I was only in the tatts. All 31 books were 1/5 a place in the 19 runner Imperial Cup. And they wonder why the on course market is dying. There was 1 book going 1/4 on the back row. AB Betting or GB betting I think they were called. After realising they were the only book going a 1/4 I went back to place a bet with them. By this time they'd revised their terms and had gone 1/5 a place.
Report roggrain March 10, 2013 9:34 AM GMT
A racegoer would have to be so drunk he couldn't manage to put his hands in his pockets to get some money out, before being refused service!
Report Duvauchelle March 10, 2013 9:43 AM GMT
"Jobs worth just stood back,made no attempt to stop it,turned around walked away & let them get on with it.He certainly wasn't going to get involved,what do they get paid for? "

if you call minimum wage getting paid, they get about £6-40 phour.
Report 1st time poster March 10, 2013 10:41 AM GMT
obviously doesnt matter to us keyboard warriors but you,ve missed the most important point out,

they dont want to attract these people but without them racecourses wouldnt excist for long
Report Facts March 10, 2013 10:51 AM GMT
Yes it would. To a large extent this 'post event fight' element has been removed from football - and that hasn't suffered.
Report Larry Sellers March 10, 2013 10:53 AM GMT
I am a member at Sandown and not surprised to hear of fighting, albeit a little shocked that a stabbing was involved.

The stewards at the track are only responsible for checking badges and nobody is there to keep a check on crowd behaviour.  Loads of stag dos there yesterday as usual - I have nothing agianst them in general but....one 'stag' was wearing a jockey outfit with an A4 piece of paper safety pinned on his back saying 'Kn0b Jonkey!'.  Why is this allowed?  If anything, he should have been forced to remove it on the basis that it is not even remotely amusing, letalone how crass it is.  It wouldn't be allowed anywhere else and just adds to the antisocial behaviour that is gradually ruining what has always been a great day out for everyone.

Also, it surprises me just how absolutely f*cked some people are at the track.  I saw plenty that were hardly able to stand by the third race.  Add to that, and you may call be a snob, but groups of neck tatooed thugs effing and blinding at the top of their voices - they look like they belong in prison.  I note that Chelsea weren't playing yesterday and the thug ratio is hightened when there is no game.
Report alleged22 March 10, 2013 10:56 AM GMT
Happened at Kempton with West Brom 'fans' on the rampage

behave! why would albion fans be at kempton
Report mange March 10, 2013 11:01 AM GMT
Drinking in "schools" before midday......I was at Newbury & this drunk bird phoning a cab......asking me "where am I ?"
Report posy March 10, 2013 11:39 AM GMT
I too am a member at Sandown and was there both Friday and Saturday....what a difference a day makes, the Friday crowd was made up of many officers/soldiers wearing obligatory brownish tweed suits (many were ill fitting) and dark suits with obligatory two back vents in their jackets.Most looked like fish out of water and would probably have been much happier wearing fatigues. The great majority of them were holding pint glasses throughout the afternoon however there was a very pleasant atmosphere to the day despite it being very cold.Yesterday couldn't have been more different....the place was packed with low life;mainly weedy looking individuals with feral faces and as mentioned earlier by another poster those cretins who adorn themselves with tattoos. As the afternoon went on it became clear that the rowdyism was increasing and yet there wasn't a policeman in sight. Fearing the worst I'd had enough after the 5th race and left early.

What this country needs is a strong man in charge who will eliminate the low life once and for all.....anti social behaviour should not be tolerated....end of rant.
Report Larry Sellers March 10, 2013 11:48 AM GMT
posy - I complained to Sandown about this sort of thing last year and was imppressed that the MD took the time to call me and discuss.  He said they were aware that someting needs to be done but a year later nothing has changed Sad

One of the things he mentioned was the possibility of banning drinking in the stands.  I said at the time that that wouldn't make much difference apart from stopping decent folk from enjoying a drink whist wathcing the racing.  I still stand by this.

All that is needed is some hired 'security' to keep a check on antisocial behaviour and if necessary, eject those that persist.  I didn't see any police there.  They should be at least one or two for a crowd that size surely????
Report posy March 10, 2013 12:21 PM GMT
Larry   Quite agree with you re allowing drinking in the stands; i hate it when law abiding, well behaved people's enjoyment is curtailed because of the cretins. A police presence is a 'must' for a Saturday meeting and both police and stewards should have the right to crack down very heavily on bad behaviour...a zero tolerance is required. Otherwise not a lot that can be done by the racecourse;it's a Society problem and the sooner Society is prepared to exterminate these people the better.
Report mange March 10, 2013 12:25 PM GMT
At a Football Ground the police tell them how many POLICE are required..............& the club has to pay!
Report 1st time poster March 10, 2013 12:30 PM GMT
LOL AT FACTS , the difference between football and racing is this

on a saturday the troublemakers make up a small amount of a football crowd,at the races the club trips,stag do,s etc make up a huge amount of the total crowd without them,  think longchamp on any other day than the arc
Report factmachine March 10, 2013 12:49 PM GMT
FOOTBALL IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RACING,CHESTER RACES,OLD TRAFFORD,THE EVER INCREASING PRAWN SANDWICH BRIGADE NOT REMOTELY INTERESTED IN THE ACTUAL SPORTING EVENT,JUST A SOCIAL PiSS UP,THE REAL SUPPORTERS OF BOTH EVENTS ARE THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR AS FAR AS TRACKS AND STADIUMS ARE CONCERNED.
Report factmachine March 10, 2013 12:52 PM GMT
I DID ONCE SEE A POLICEMAN ARRESTING A MAN IN A BETFRED SHOP FOR TRYING TO GET A THOUSAND POUNDS ON A HORSELaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report larrence March 10, 2013 12:57 PM GMT
Always the minority who spoil it for others, what has happened to this country why people can't get on and conduct themselves correctly. CrazySad
Report mange March 10, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
Just spoke to my boy who as a doorman did this sports venue work.....Infact was in charge on the ground at Chelt.......said that there was a    responce team     in a room listning to the radio waiting to respond.............He said that of all the venues Cricket is the worse with Racing 2nd........football a dodle.........i.e. a chance of "all day drinking" by 2pm there fu(ked by 4pm there fighting.
Report Anaglogs Daughter March 10, 2013 1:14 PM GMT
Ten held at Sandown Park racecourse after man stabbed
The brawl at Sandown Park followed a day of racing

bbc.co.uk

Ten men have been arrested after a man was stabbed at the end of a day of horse racing at Sandown Park in Surrey.

Police were called to the scene off Portsmouth Road, in Esher, at about 18:15 GMT on Saturday following reports of an altercation in the car park.

The victim, in his 40s, suffered a stab wound to the neck and is in a stable condition in hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Another man was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Det Insp Kevin Jewell, said: "A large number of people would have been leaving the venue around the time that the altercation happened so I am certain that members of the public must have seen the incident taking place, and would urge them to contact police as soon as possible."

A statement from Sandown Park said: "We can confirm that a serious assault took place after racing outside the main entrance at Sandown Park Racecourse and the matter is now in the hands of the police.

"Security at our tracks is taken very seriously and it is distressing for everyone involved that an incident like this occurred."
Report Anaglogs Daughter March 10, 2013 1:24 PM GMT
Apparently/allegedly A stag do was the cause of the whole shebang, overpowered a couple of security guards who tried to intervene and give them a right old (in horsemens term)damn good trashing. It was another punter who got stabbed in the neck though.
Report Ramruma March 10, 2013 1:40 PM GMT
Time to leave marriage to the gays if it is no longer possible for straight men to organise a stag do without all-day drinking, fighting and attempted murder.
Report mange March 10, 2013 1:48 PM GMT
At the end of the day ......the venue is abt the only place where U can have a large group of lads on the pi$$............take Brighton for ex......the word goes round that theres 10/12 on the pi$$ having fun...........causing havock & no one will let em in.........Race track ...more the merrier. (price reduction)
Report Anaglogs Daughter March 10, 2013 11:50 PM GMT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291189/Man-stabbed-neck-mass-brawl-...
Report Happy Valley March 11, 2013 8:00 AM GMT
so the person with the knife must basically carry it around with them everywhere

why would you do that if you didn't intend to use it?
Report Deltâ March 11, 2013 8:34 AM GMT
hey Happy Valley - what dreadful luck for John yesterday... cant believe another one
Report BARNEY21. March 11, 2013 9:22 AM GMT
Not too far from Aldershot get the "parras" in to "supervise" very good training for them and they wouldn,t tolerate any "neds".
Report posy March 11, 2013 9:52 AM GMT
Barney   a very good suggestion except for the fact the paras aren't based there any more !
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com