Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paddyirishman
09 Mar 13 03:36
| Topic/replies: 136 | Blogger: paddyirishman's blog
rumours on twitter davy arrested for race fixing and sacked by michael o leary. hope its not true
Pause Switch to Standard View is this davy russell story true
Show More
Report Footiefan111 March 9, 2013 3:37 AM GMT
you got a link mate
Report paddyirishman March 9, 2013 3:39 AM GMT
https://twitter.com/search?q=davy%20russell&src=tyah
Report brain dead jockeys March 9, 2013 3:52 AM GMT
no one gets arrested for race fixing in ireland.........not a hope in hell
Report silvergreaser March 9, 2013 6:43 AM GMT
There has been heavy rumours circling that corruption charges will be brought soon by the Irish Turf Club ref one particular race at Downpatrick 2011, what race and who's involved I don't know.
Report booster March 9, 2013 7:31 AM GMT
All part of the job description. They'd have to close down the sport if they did that, so many involved.
Report jimeen March 9, 2013 8:30 AM GMT
Yes paddyirishman,you are on the ball. Davy Russell along with Walsh and Geraghty have been arrested in a big race fixing probe,O Leary isn't too bothered because he was in the process of cutting costs anyway ,so he has made himself first jockey to Gigginstown with immediate effect .He describes himself as a "no frills" jockey and does take the ride on Sir Des Champs in the gold cup. Davy is in real trouble as he was arrested at a Cheltenham preview in Mumbai,if he is convicted there,he faces the death penalty
Report silvergreaser March 9, 2013 9:00 AM GMT
arrested would be the wrong word anyway, charged maybe.

Anyway jimeen the rumour is almost certainly not true, but would it really surprise you if he was?
Report johnn March 9, 2013 9:01 AM GMT
O'Leary has warned punters that there is a surcharge if they want him to use the whip.
Report duncan idaho March 9, 2013 9:38 AM GMT
on the eve of Cheltenham? there'd be riots in the streets over there if they did
Report jimeen March 9, 2013 10:10 AM GMT
Silvergreaser,its not a case of the rumour being almost certainly not true,anybody with a quarter of a brain would know it has no factual content whatsoever. What kind of imbecile puts the thread up in the first place. Its more than likely somebody who regurgitates tweets hoping that one of them will be correct some day,and he can claim to be the first on here with the news. The lure of "what did i tell ye" is all too much for this half wit. And yes it would really surprise me,very much so in fact.
Report winnings March 9, 2013 10:28 AM GMT
last season riding for that outfit
Report jimeen March 9, 2013 10:31 AM GMT
That may well be correct winnings,and there are rumours to that effect,but one thing is certain and that is any split has nothing to do with anything untoward. The next thing is whoever they get if that in fact is the case,will not be anywhere as good as him.
Report topfarrier March 9, 2013 11:55 AM GMT
Wouldn't surprise me tbh.
Report Swardean March 9, 2013 12:11 PM GMT
^^^^
Laugh... Pot and kettle
Report dj876 March 9, 2013 6:32 PM GMT
cheltenham roar
Report acey deucy March 9, 2013 6:43 PM GMT
I aint buying it,if it's true the game is well and truly sunk.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com