Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kenny mann
04 Feb 13 16:58
| Topic/replies: 38,070 | Blogger: kenny mann's blog
Latest Desert Vision on the aw.
Pause Switch to Standard View 3 poor horses have died today
Show More
Report Virgin February 4, 2013 4:59 PM GMT
Carnage today SadSadSad
Report Bonza Bud February 4, 2013 4:59 PM GMT
Didnt see race. Wtf happenned?
Report howard February 4, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
broke a leg
Report kenny mann February 4, 2013 5:01 PM GMT
didn't see it, was stroking the cat. Just heard the commentary.
Report peckerdunne February 4, 2013 5:03 PM GMT
L O L......FFS
Report gentlemanjohn February 4, 2013 5:04 PM GMT
Something can just as easy happen (cf Go Native) in a leisurely canter at home as on the racecourse, one of those things..no call for hysteria
Report Bonza Bud February 4, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
I don't know...these people who stroke their **** instead of watching the races!
Report Dr.Cypionate February 4, 2013 5:07 PM GMT
it was gibbons fault for holding him back!...Cry
Report kenny mann February 4, 2013 5:10 PM GMT
I love stroking my cats. They're my babies.
Report Dr.Cypionate February 4, 2013 5:13 PM GMT
Grow up sissy boy!
Report wee eck February 4, 2013 5:16 PM GMT
If that went on for a week I  have no doubt that NH racing would be forced to stop.
Report kenny mann February 4, 2013 5:17 PM GMT
So you care for animals only when you're a child?
Report Dr.Cypionate February 4, 2013 5:20 PM GMT
yes ya fruity assed bastrd!
Report dewey February 4, 2013 5:24 PM GMT
The 'nutter' element has definately prevailed on this thread methinks!
Report Showrunner1 February 4, 2013 5:46 PM GMT
i thought you had common sense wee eck as a nh enthusiast its unfortunate what has happened today desert vision breaking a leg on the flat shows the dangers of racing but like that idiot blackcats thread what other sport loses its heroes at the rate racing does the answer is they would never have been heroes without the chance to race i get continually pissed off with so called animal lovers citing the sport if darlan hadnt have tragically died today nobody would have mentioned the deaths of the other two
Report kenny mann February 4, 2013 5:48 PM GMT
Dr.Cypionate seems a nice bloke.
Report wee eck February 4, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
Showrunner I think what I posted has some credibility if horses were being killed

daily hand over fist the RSPCA, media and many members of the non racing public

would demand some action. I hope it never happens.
Report 18blue4ever78 February 4, 2013 5:53 PM GMT
how many ppl have died today ?
Report Showrunner1 February 4, 2013 5:53 PM GMT
well put showrunner you are spot on idiots on here calling a sport which has gone on for over 300 years racehorses are bred to race end of story if they lived in the wild they would be killed inside a year some of the bastards want to voice their view on bringing the death penalty back there are murders happening and kids getting abused every day of the week for christs sake get in the real world
Report Steamship February 4, 2013 5:59 PM GMT
wee eck You do just get unfortunate days like today, I agree with Showrunner that because it's a potential superstar there are more threads and then because 2 more have died then it is a rare black day.

It is a tragedy for the horse and the lad/lass who looks after him.
It is a cruel blow to others involved with the horse.
It is gutting to us that love racing.
It is nothing to the wider world and I think that is how it should be.
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 6:01 PM GMT
Death is only understood by man but not to the point that without death we could not have life as the whole
animal kingdom relies on the death of many animals too survive, but we never see this in our normal lives
and wear  rose colored  spectacles as we hope to escape our own final but somehow beautiful end.
Report GandalfTheGrey February 4, 2013 6:03 PM GMT
Don't know about it being described as beautiful, Bf buddy.Sad
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 6:03 PM GMT
Birth, marriage and death are all ment to be.
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
otherwise we would be rubbibg shoulders with billions of creatures since the dawn of time!
Report wee eck February 4, 2013 6:05 PM GMT
Steamship, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments, but if there were a full

week of this type of thing some action would have to be taken, that is a fact.
Report GandalfTheGrey February 4, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
Stan Laurel did see it as a happy event, he said "that if anyone cries at my funeral, I will never speak to them again".
Report fife February 4, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
Showrunner1 appears to have forgotten to log in under his other username on his reply at 17.53.
Report wee eck February 4, 2013 6:14 PM GMT
fife, ffsGrin
Report Front-runner February 4, 2013 6:18 PM GMT
prepare for the anti mob to regroup........Cry
Report GandalfTheGrey February 4, 2013 6:18 PM GMT
Well spotted Fife, the list of the mentally disturbed on here gets longer daily, one post to slag and another to back himself up and at the same time having the audacity to call others idiots.
Report GandalfTheGrey February 4, 2013 6:19 PM GMT
Watch your back Wee Eck, there's two of him after you.Laugh
Report fife February 4, 2013 6:19 PM GMT
wee eck I was wondering if he was going to get away with itAngry
Report acey deucy February 4, 2013 6:24 PM GMT
Laugh
Report wee eck February 4, 2013 6:27 PM GMT
fife, the funny thing about all this is that I agree that NH racing is dangerous to

both horse and rider but if deaths of horses got out of hand, even just for the sake

of propriety, something would have to be seen to be done.  By the bye I have had horses

killed on the track, a most disturbing occurrence.
Report harter February 4, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
Surely you can try and put in safeguards to limit falls and damage as a result. In F1 changes were msde to the cars and tracks after Senna's death. In Nascar same thing happened after Earnhardt's death.  In hockey helmets were made mandatory after some skull fractures etc. Why do the hurdles need to be so high? Why does their need to be 20+ horses in a race? Why can't rhey make  the ground softer after a jump? etc. Just food for thought.
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 6:52 PM GMT
More than 3 horse die everyday but only 3 were any good for publicity stunts
by animal lovers that do nothing for them directly except try to eradicate the breeds
via selfish publicity.
Report Steamship February 4, 2013 6:53 PM GMT
harter no matter what you put in place accidents will happen flat or jumps. There are very few 20+horses in a  race over jumps, hurdles being too low is more of a problem.
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 6:54 PM GMT
The odds of getting any horse in an accident and emergeny room
the same way as humans are able are slim to none.
Report elise February 4, 2013 7:09 PM GMT
showrunner has done that before on another thread, he must have so many usernames he can't rem who he is
Report Slicer February 4, 2013 7:13 PM GMT
Mr Fananatic- "Death is only understood by man." You are wrong! It is well established that elephants understand the concept of death! And with regard to how many humans died today- those humans were not MADE to jump obstacles on soggy ground or run  on artificial unnatural surfaces!

I hope this clarifies the matter!

Dr ristotle Slicer
Professor of Zoololology
North Southeast Mumbai University
Report Meade in England February 4, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
Harter ....Im afraid it is one of those things ,the faster things go the more they get hurt or bigger risk of death,doesnt really matter how high the fence is imo as people will just try and go faster ,look at the grand national horses are still dying .I think in some ways hurdles are worse than fences as they have to skip fast and low to get away from them quickly whereas a big hedge is jumped slower and probably more safely.Regarding your references to motorsport,I used to race motorcycles bikes got faster over the years so they put silly little corners like chicanes at Mallory Park but in the last year I still saw 3 people die at different circuits that year.Probably irrelevent I know but I knew risks of dying but I loved the sport and carried on.Yes all you do gooders it was MY choice ,horses dont get to make the choice you might say,though saying that I have seen the wife get thrown to the ground years back running at a fence and her horse saying "sod that for a lark ,I aint jumping that "and stopped dead lol,packing her off to A and E.
Report harter February 4, 2013 7:24 PM GMT
Fair enough steamship. Synthetic tracks are becoming the norm in North America because it's supposed to be safer but it hasn't had a major effect on
preventing fatal injuries. Most in the industry blame it on breeding. In an attempt to create
the "fastest" horses, they've played with genetics to the point where most thoroughbreds have
legs far too thin for their upper bodies. In a way it's not much different than dancers, models and some athletes.
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 7:46 PM GMT
Stop trying to relate an 800 pound four legged beast of flight with a human, totally different evolutionary
path and design as humans after injury have evolved to heal wounds after accidents by being cared for by other group members
whereas the outlook for a huge animal like a horse that suffers a similar fate will never be the same and its impossible to recover a horse that has broken down either on a race course, in the wild or in a field.
Report bf_fananatic February 4, 2013 7:52 PM GMT
IF you banned race horses and racing dogs, most would have to be destroyed, some would remain but the breed would then stedily become unhealthy as simply left to graze away in fields or in gloomy kennels and stables or maybe a few as pets.

Not a fitting end for amazing animals with thousands of years tender loving breeding and nurture.
Report barrycool February 4, 2013 10:20 PM GMT
the same way the hunting brigade said we would be overun by foxes if hunting was banned and thousands of jobs would  be lossed and all the dogs put down.
Report barrycool February 4, 2013 10:22 PM GMT
*lost
Report saddo February 4, 2013 10:33 PM GMT
Showrunner1, rofl Laugh
Report Showrunner1 February 4, 2013 10:41 PM GMT
i have read some **** on here of course we are all upset when horses die but its nobodys fault these are top class horses hurdling at speed a job they are bred to do and because some can run faster and hurdle quicker than most others unfortunately when they get it wrong they pay the ultimate price i remember the greatest of them all golden cygnet killed on his 7th outing nearly 36 years ago what a tragedy but life goes on the world we now live in is a million miles away from the good old days
Report GandalfTheGrey February 4, 2013 10:50 PM GMT
Which Showrunner are you please?
Report GT-MOLE February 4, 2013 10:56 PM GMT
How do you know they were poor Kenny?

Harry Red Naps dog had accounts in Monaco and Zurich.napMischief
Report TiptheOdds February 4, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
Darlan, Desert Vision and??
Report Facts February 4, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
18blue4ever78     04 Feb 13 17:53 
how many ppl have died today ?

About 1,500 people die each day in the Uk - hth.
Report allinadayswork February 5, 2013 12:36 AM GMT
Re the synthetic tracks in America I thought these had brought some improvement in safety from stats I saw, but it brought an alien type of racing to that which Americans were used to on dirt, hence some of them did an about turn.

Certainly over jumps I think the facts would show there is a far greater danger of fatal falls when the ground rides faster than good to soft, unfortunately at Donny I think the ground dried out due to the very strong winds (to good from good to soft) which could well have made the difference for Darlan, as I have seen many worse falls where the horse gets up on softer going, as its not quite such a solid impact on hitting the ground obviously.
Report efisio. February 5, 2013 1:27 AM GMT
I must correct the OP. Only two poor horses died today, the other one was quite wealthy.
Report kenny mann February 5, 2013 2:18 AM GMT
oh dear!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com