Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
queen bee
11 Jan 13 07:51
| Topic/replies: 2,184 | Blogger: queen bee's blog
A Disgraceful tinted glassed view, that has let certain trainers and untouchable jockeys do what they like over the winter for last couple of years.
Most on here have been ashamed at the lack of balls by the bha, now they act and give a jockey the min he could have got would think he feels the need to stick up for the jockey.Angry
Pause Switch to Standard View Lee mottershead pge4 rpost
Show More
Report Deltâ January 11, 2013 7:58 AM GMT
whoo whoo, more gravy please....
Report TheJudge January 11, 2013 7:58 AM GMT
Report saddo January 11, 2013 8:50 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBwsG8ubFw
Report queen bee January 11, 2013 9:00 AM GMT
Couldnt write a book about it Sad
Report onlooker January 11, 2013 9:07 AM GMT
Just a Schoolboy - He should be writing for the BEANO.
Report dod January 11, 2013 9:14 AM GMT
He should be in the BEANO.
Report onlooker January 11, 2013 9:15 AM GMT
What - and ruin a good publication?Cry
Report the.mad.dog.man January 11, 2013 9:38 AM GMT
hes known as the village idiot by some racing post staffLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report dod January 11, 2013 9:41 AM GMT
Does his mum know he is not at school today?
Report Dr Gonzo January 11, 2013 9:42 AM GMT
Mottershead is one of the most pathetic 'journalists' out there. I've more respect for the journos who write for the Daily Star. At least they don't pretend to be a serious paper.
Report parispike January 11, 2013 9:42 AM GMT
How did I omit him from the top ten gravy train slurpers Fred?
Report andyl January 11, 2013 10:11 AM GMT
onlooker

Just a Schoolboy - He should be writing for the BEANO.

wouldn't get a job for the beano !!!
Report andyl January 11, 2013 10:13 AM GMT
laughable how he can win racing post best journalist award or whatever bollox award he got

must be right up that other ****s (editors) ....
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby January 11, 2013 10:16 AM GMT
Niall Hannity has just tweeted back to Mottershead that Pipers Piping is a dog.
Report allinadayswork January 11, 2013 11:28 AM GMT
The horse used to be reasonable at one time, was rated in the 70s and used to be competitive over 7f and a mile on the all weather, so bit harsh to call it a dog. Seemed to have a problem and was off the track for nearly a year so would say injury is more likely the cause, prob feeling something, plus has moved trainers so maybe the new guy hasnt worked out how to get the best out of the beast (has a similar strike rate on AW to prev trainer but not trained any winners at all on turf in last 5 seasons looking at stats).
Report allinadayswork January 11, 2013 11:31 AM GMT
Kirby isnt generally my fav jockey anyhow but usually cos I think he tends to go too early so a bit ironic that he gets done for holding one up, always preferred my jockeys more in the George Baker and Richard Hughes mould though. Looking at the video the horse seemed to half rear on jumping, then settled at the back and didnt seem to get a clear run until a gap opened about a furlong out but thats prob why the disciplinary committee have acted, as there didnt seem to be any attempt to go for it and switch the horse at all, fair enough the race was prob lost by then but they're prob just saying a bit more effort to finish closer would have looked better.
Report GEORGE.B January 11, 2013 11:44 AM GMT
The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of FINAL DRIVE (IRE), ridden by Adam Kirby and trained by John Butler, which was slow into stride and ridden in the rear to finish seventh, beaten some 7 lengths. They interviewed the rider and the trainer. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer. The rider stated that his instructions were to get FINAL DRIVE (IRE) travelling and to get the gelding to finish. However, the gelding fell out of the stalls and was never on the bridle throughout the race and finished very one-paced. The trainer confirmed the instructions and stated that he was satisfied with the ride given by the jockey, adding that getting loose prior to the race probably would not have helped FINAL DRIVE (IRE)’s chances. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race the Stewards noted their explanations.

Fancy that, 'Squeaky' who just can't stop riding winners on the AW, has been called in twice now recently by the powers-that-be to explain rides he has given, and what a coincidence, both horses trained by the same trainer! What were the odds on that happening!?

Hey 'Motty', take a look back at that Final Drive ride and give us thoughts please...
Report queen bee January 11, 2013 11:58 AM GMT
Whilst hes looking ask him to look at the bay bandit 8th march last year, can someone get some of the threads up on here from that day last year the forum was in melt down after that ride.
The horse won days later at the track Mischief
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2013 12:01 PM GMT
A serious question for George B were those two horses mentioned drifters on here and if so by how much?
Report saddo January 11, 2013 12:06 PM GMT
Got a whip ban when it won a few days later, QB.
Report brain dead jockeys January 11, 2013 12:10 PM GMT
i wonder if Lee has ever seen any skullduggery in his life..........im sure he does like the rest of us but dare not talk about it.
Report queen bee January 11, 2013 12:14 PM GMT
Remember the day last year well saddo,never seen so many threads on here think boycie was on that day and he even got of the fence about it Shocked
Report GEORGE.B January 11, 2013 12:15 PM GMT
Wildman, if memory serves, Final Drive did drift in the betting (and more noticeably so lto), though the horse did run loose beforehand which might have contributed to the drift.

As for Piper's Piping, I don't know, but his BFSP was 14.28 and 4.7 to place, which would suggest the horse did drift.

Final Drive's BFSP at Wolver was 11.04 & 4.6 to place. Again if memory serves, sure he was around 6 at one point in the lead up to the race.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 11, 2013 12:27 PM GMT
Thanks for your civil reply especially as you know we are normally diametrically opposed on these issues.
I think Kirby is entirely innocent and think the stewards have got this wrong indeed they appear confused,if he stopped it as they imply surely seven days is too lenient.The market on here is crucial  as it always reflects what's going on and if a horse is being stopped it will show here not necessarily through the jockey or trainer but someone will avail of the free money.
George Bs other point about the same trainer being involved is relevant and one that could be explored deeper although we are not privy to the instructions given.
Report GEORGE.B January 11, 2013 12:38 PM GMT
Fwiw, I wouldn't have banned him for the Piper's Piping ride, however, I thought they were very lucky that the stewards only noted his explanation at Wolverhampton.
Report GEORGE.B January 11, 2013 12:42 PM GMT
*Pipers Piping
Report silvergreaser January 11, 2013 12:51 PM GMT
Wildman sticking up for a jockey now thats a first?.
Report motley01 January 11, 2013 12:56 PM GMT
The Racing Post in today's format, doesn't require serious investigative journalists, or indeed
an impartial and capable editor. The intent of the current proprietors was obvious
from the time they purchased the paper. They had identified an information/database monopoly and set
out on a course to monetize it, no doubt on the advise of it's previous editor Mr Byrne. The paper sets
aside all serious issues relating to the industry, as most issues conflict with their commercial partners,
the big bookmakers. The paper generates revenue streams mainly through three sources, paper sales, internet
database revenue, and advertising. As the current owners are venture capitalists, the paper will be unloaded
as soon as it becomes commercially viable. The likes of Motorshead, Millington etc, merely exist as token journalists.
Contributions from the current crop of writers, are relatively meaningless, owing to the commercial direction the paper
has taken.
Report millhouse January 11, 2013 1:10 PM GMT
Motley, well summed up, though I would bet very good money that one of the organisations involved in the purchase of the publication was William Hill....
Report motley01 January 11, 2013 1:43 PM GMT
Millhouse, in 2007 FL Partners a PRIVATE equity firm purchased the post from Trinity Mirror for £170
million. I seem to remember reading, the £170 million purchase price was financed through a bank in Ireland. Anglo Irish Bank.
Which I also remember reading is a zombie bank, bailed out to the tune of billions by the Irish taxpayer
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com