Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
portmanpark
05 Jan 13 19:48
| Topic/replies: 7,625 | Blogger: portmanpark's blog
thought it would be nearer 1.8
Pause Switch to Standard View CHAMPAGNE FEVER naas tomoro...
Show More
Report WWP January 5, 2013 8:01 PM GMT
just beaten by Jezki last time, he is atop class beast who will probably win the Neptune. 1.35 looks right to me
Report wildmanfromborneo January 5, 2013 8:04 PM GMT
Zuska franked the form on the last day of the Leopardstown festival,think that 1.35 will be long gone by tomorrow.
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
think rule the world and minsk both have chances to upset the fav..........he is a worthy fav but its the price i disagree with
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 8:09 PM GMT
think jezki improved for the better ground and zurka won a mares only race she was fully entitled to win.......
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby January 5, 2013 8:21 PM GMT
Will be taking him on with Rule the World. An under rated horse imho
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
think jezki improved for the better ground

Jezki has been impressive on bad ground, actually rated above 3lb higher than CA...

There is really nothing in the field that should trouble CA here.
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
*C/Fever
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 8:34 PM GMT
koi......we all know CF has an outstanding chance but 1.35 imo is a dreadfull price and both trainer and jockey said jezki enjoyed the better ground....think the time was about 12s above standard....every thing is about price and i think CF s price is too short
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:36 PM GMT
Price maybe too short...but cant see it beat..

A race to watch..no need to get involved.
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:39 PM GMT
A better odds on shot (backable) is     MARITO in the 1.05

jumped well on its debut & the one that will be suited best to the 2m with ground no problem,

MOUNT BENBULBEN & JENARI need farther, & with both, the jumping leaves a lot to be desired....neither of them are naturals...just cant see then having the pace to trouble Marito & can see them readily outpaced at the business end...if they are still on their feet.
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
koi.........if you think it cant get beat 1.35 is a gift ........you should sell your house car and sling it all on him...i would if i thought it couldnt lose
Report wildmanfromborneo January 5, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
He never said cant get beat he said cant see it beat,I also agree with him about Marito.
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
portman...as you know there are no certainties...thats why its called gamblingWink
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
but he cant see it getting beat
Report koikeeper January 5, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
Just because I cant see it getting beat doesnt mean it cant/wont be beat, thats just my opinion...i have been known to be wrong before....

as for putting "the lot" on a horse race....well..
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 9:04 PM GMT
koi........no only winding you up......myself i dont bet below 2\1.......ive fancied horse below that and its hard not to bet them when you think they should win but she have got to stick to  your guns
Report Shiekh Me Hand January 5, 2013 9:17 PM GMT
Naas - January 2013- Cert
Cheltenham - March- 2013- Sun Alliance Winner
Cheltenham - March 2014 -RSA Chase Winner
Cheltenham - March 2015 - Gold Cup Winner

NAP!
Report portmanpark January 5, 2013 9:25 PM GMT
smh...........now youre just being silly
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 5, 2013 9:33 PM GMT
I dont really rate CF but respect him, he looks rather one paced and doesnt look a natural over hurdles.

He is open to improvement and the opposition tomorrow isnt much.
Report jasey January 5, 2013 9:45 PM GMT
Neptune winner 2013 and will win tommorow like 1/10 shot
Report Glossy January 5, 2013 10:06 PM GMT
Beat Jezki over the minimum trip. Would have been a different story at tomorrow's 2m4f. Not sure there are any better novices over this distance than CF.
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 5, 2013 10:13 PM GMT
before he has even run over it glossy, that is quite some statement.

I would think Coneygree and Taquin Du Seuil are better prospects at the moment, and they are only 2 i can quickly bring up.
Report Brooksielad January 5, 2013 10:16 PM GMT
if you want a proper bet tomorrow back Uncle Tom Cobley in the 2 mile handicap chase. Can see it going off much shorter tomorrow, 10/1 is a decent price
Report Dr Gonzo January 6, 2013 12:05 AM GMT
Think this one is a proper animal. Like koi, can't see it beat, but won't be touching at the price.
Report Glossy January 6, 2013 12:26 AM GMT
Sonko, I'm assuming that Coneygree will go for the Albert Bartlett.

Not convinced by what Taquin Du Seuil has beaten yet and I've got a few nagging doubts about his high knee action - could turn out to be a little quirky IMO.

Looking back it was probably a bit of an OTT statement (and I'm not even drinking tonight!). I'll revisit this tomorrow.
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 1:57 AM GMT
Makes me laugh when people say its a proper animal but wont be touching it at its price, if it were Frankel you would jumping on it so you've got some sort of negative feeling just like the op, you can always put it as your banker with any other bets tomorrow if you cant see it being beat to boost your funds!
Report shearer2therestcue January 6, 2013 2:11 AM GMT
Champagne Fever bar a fall will win as he likes to further enhance Jezkis outstanding claims for the Supreme -cant believe you can still get just over 4/1 for next years Champion Hurdle winner-yes i think hes that good-outstanding performanc by CF to get as close as he did imo last time out -wonder what HFs thoughts would be if he was playing -personally think he would smash into it
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 2:31 AM GMT
You need to look further than just a mullins hotpot, his first race when 1/8F the second has been beat 94 lengths since! Thomas Edison what beat CF has been beaten out of sight since and has no entries for any race currently!

Conclusion, CF might win tomorrow but I would lay him for any race at cheltenham.
Report moneyforoldrope January 6, 2013 2:32 AM GMT
frankel didnt have hurdles in front of him to be fair.

Minsk only 'danger', more suited to this trip but as the price reflects cf is much the likeliest  winner.
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 2:37 AM GMT
But Istabraq did but he was like Frankel a cert, CF is Im afraid another talking horse.
Report shearer2therestcue January 6, 2013 2:44 AM GMT
CF was beaten by one of the best novices to grace either shore in many a year -just look at the depth of the race at Leopardstown over Xmas to back that point up
Report moneyforoldrope January 6, 2013 2:54 AM GMT
yeah, istabraq was never beaten at short odds.
Report shearer2therestcue January 6, 2013 2:59 AM GMT
Istabraq never ran against Jezki or anything of his ilk/class in his novice season -loved him as a horse and Jezki still has to get the stamps on his passport as it were but i firmly believe its only a matter of time -anyway time for bed cos Green Bay have put the game to bed GrinGrin
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 3:00 AM GMT
The depth!!!!! Please look at that race again
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 3:04 AM GMT
CF is a chaser always was, what he did in his bumpers were just a bonus how you can put Jezki anywhere near Istabraq at this stage is unreal, you need to stick to the Green bays.
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 3:08 AM GMT
You gone bed fair enough but just for you, Jezki has beat a chaser(CF) and the biggest talking horse for 10 years(Minsk) and you think it can win 3 champion hurdles and it would of been four if it wasn't for foot and mouth!!
Report shearer2therestcue January 6, 2013 3:14 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_UgHbWutjc

When i need tips  how to make the game pay on here i will make sure i look you up mate lolLoveLove
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 3:19 AM GMT
Apples, did i say I give tips???
Report shearer2therestcue January 6, 2013 3:25 AM GMT
Straight ova ya head that one then -im here all day mate if ya wanna ruck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY74RmVucYg
Report moneyforoldrope January 6, 2013 3:29 AM GMT
Laugh
Report Movewiththetimes January 6, 2013 3:32 AM GMT
Not over the head, CBB seems a better option right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report koikeeper January 6, 2013 8:19 AM GMT
Movewiththetimes 06 Jan 13 02:37
But Istabraq did but he was like Frankel a cert, CF is Im afraid another talking horse.

Beaten twice in its racing career & raced over a trip well short of what it needs....wish I had one of those talking horsesWink
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 9:41 AM GMT
it is short, but i rate,jezski,very highly.HappyHappy
Report EVILROYSLADE January 6, 2013 10:31 AM GMT
Im on to collect a lovely 35% interest rate! Win on bridle and should be 5's on. Nothing to beat.
Report portmanpark January 6, 2013 10:32 AM GMT
i agree with most and i think its the most likely winner its the likely i disagree with........whatever happens 3s on is silly
Report EVILROYSLADE January 6, 2013 10:34 AM GMT
Just to add though, Istabraq would have been 33/1 on in this!! Awesome hurdler that has pride of place over my fireplace!!
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 12:15 PM GMT
LoveLoveLoveWink
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 12:16 PM GMT
im on his next ride.MischiefMischief
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 12:19 PM GMT
sorry marito.db.Grin
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 12:46 PM GMT
got ruby beat in run,1.3GrinGrinHappy
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 1:12 PM GMT
Happy
Report koikeeper January 6, 2013 1:14 PM GMT
koikeeper 05 Jan 13 20:39
A better odds on shot (backable) is     MARITO in the 1.05

jumped well on its debut & the one that will be suited best to the 2m with ground no problem,

MOUNT BENBULBEN & JENARI need farther, & with both, the jumping leaves a lot to be desired....neither of them are naturals...just cant see then having the pace to trouble Marito & can see them readily outpaced at the business end...if they are still on their feet.

A bit closer than expected...Wink
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 1:21 PM GMT
yep,i put in a small lay 1.3,to green up.Silly
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 1:23 PM GMT
might do same in this in run,depends on opposition though.Whoops
Report kefir_man January 6, 2013 1:36 PM GMT
Market and everything says this is a 'good thing' but I have layed it anyway..I think Minsk and rule the world can give it a good race. Might leave a small back bet in-running
Report Ibrahima Sonko January 6, 2013 1:40 PM GMT
one pace
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 1:41 PM GMT
1.3 bagged.HappyHappyHappy
Report koikeeper January 6, 2013 1:41 PM GMT
stopped like it was shot.
Report daz190 January 6, 2013 1:43 PM GMT
irish racing , dont ya just love it

results only service would more than suffice
Report Why so serious? January 6, 2013 1:43 PM GMT
Backed Walsh in the 1st laid walsh in 2nd race and backed him on that.My day is done Sad
Report koikeeper January 6, 2013 1:43 PM GMT
maybe a BBV?
Report Glossy January 6, 2013 1:44 PM GMT
I take it back Sonko.

I need a drink!
Report kefir_man January 6, 2013 1:45 PM GMT
Had it to prove stepped up to 2m4f, on that basis 1.3 at the off was too short
Report differentdrum January 6, 2013 1:48 PM GMT
Never travelling at any stage. You could reasonably expect a horse who makes all in a Champion Bumper to open up a clear advantage and then coast home - never looked like it. Can't get carried away about the winner because he probably ended up having nothing to beat. Bookmakers must be laughing - probably taken as much on this for the novice hurdles as anything else. Now probably means those who were clever and backed Pont Alexandre for the Albert Bartlett have also done their money.
Report warhan January 6, 2013 1:49 PM GMT
Steps up 4f in distance and makes the running?irish racing rotten to the core,more money to be made laying these long odds on than the prize money on offer sad but true
Report Dr Gonzo January 6, 2013 1:49 PM GMT
Never travelling at any stage.

Yep. Clearly not right
Report Born Unlucky January 6, 2013 1:50 PM GMT
Seems to be a few with something not quite right at the moConfused
Report portmanpark January 6, 2013 1:54 PM GMT
the winner beat minsk far easier than CF  did last time so i dont think he would have beaten him anyway
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby January 6, 2013 2:03 PM GMT
Winner a serious horse. CF needs a fence and doesnt hurdle well enough. No surprise now Mullins was contemplating going straight over fences.
Report Cider January 6, 2013 2:07 PM GMT
That was a slow motion finish.
Report turnip turns January 6, 2013 2:53 PM GMT
The Irish Field ‏@TheIrishField
Champagne Fever was found to be suffering from a respiratory tract infection following his run in the Slaney Novice Hurdle.Mischief
Report deadbrain59 January 6, 2013 3:16 PM GMT
like the icon turnip.WinkWink
Report turnip turns January 6, 2013 3:28 PM GMT
Silly
Report Glossy January 6, 2013 3:58 PM GMT
There was obviously something up. Race might as well have a line drawn through it as far as CF is concerned.
Report EdwardWoowardWould January 6, 2013 4:59 PM GMT
EVILROYSLADE 06 Jan 13 10:31
Im on to collect a lovely 35% interest rate! Win on bridle and should be 5's on. Nothing to beat.

It may be wrong but I do laugh my nuts off when these smug money buying dunderheads do their lot

They are the ones that act like everyone is stupid when one of these thin'ns win and you have not backed it LaughLaughLaugh

D'oh
Report portmanpark January 6, 2013 5:21 PM GMT
does anyone make money backing these shorties......you would have to have an amazing strike rate to make it pay
Report windmill January 6, 2013 5:43 PM GMT
although promising, treat the winner with cauntion, thought ruby and minsk did each other no favours up front and the race fell in the lap of the winner.
Report EVILROYSLADE January 6, 2013 6:16 PM GMT
Just to add. I am plenty up on this site and still going strong. YOU?????
Report Movewiththetimes January 8, 2013 11:36 PM GMT
Movewiththetimes 06 Jan 13 02:31 Joined: 21 Mar 12 | Topic/replies: 165 | Blogger: Movewiththetimes's blog

You need to look further than just a mullins hotpot, his first race when 1/8F the second has been beat 94 lengths since! Thomas Edison what beat CF has been beaten out of sight since and has no entries for any race currently!

Conclusion, CF might win tomorrow but I would lay him for any race at cheltenham!

Just when you thought this thread was dead!

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet, note-Spend more time looking at form than you-tube-stop
Report all along January 9, 2013 12:05 PM GMT
every time there is an excusecfror these so called certs apunters get nailed..Horse 1/4 and in all types of trebles accums etv.FINISHES WELL BEAT.USUAL RESPONSE HAD RESPIRATORY INFECTION.THAT JUST A FEWDAYS AGO AND HE IS RECOVERED ALREADY!!!!!!!!mAKES ONE WONDER WHAT IS GOING ON.vERY SUSOPICIOUS!!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com