Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
28 Dec 12 16:06
| Topic/replies: 29,477 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
http://www.sportinglife.com  December 28 2012,

John McCririck is clinging to hope that he might appear on Channel 4 Racing at some point in the future as the curtain comes down on a colourful era.

Saturday sees the final day of the long-standing Channel 4 team, with the Morning Line and racing from Newbury, Doncaster and Leopardstown bringing down the curtain.

IMG Media takes over from Highflyer in producing Channel 4 Racing which will be solely responsible for the sport on terrestrial TV after BBC coverage came to an end.

McCririck, 72, is one of several familiar faces who will not be on the new team along with Derek Thompson, Mike Cattermole and Alastair Down.

Although bitterly disappointed, McCririck described his time at Channel 4 as a "privilege".

"It's been a fantastic experience to do what you love doing for 30 years," he said.

"Nearly every other sport has someone on that has done that sport - Gary Lineker in football, the cricketers, the golfers etc.

"I'd worked in betting shops before going on to television and tried to pass on what was happening in the betting ring.

"It's been a privilege.

"There are two things different about it. There is no-one else on television who is regularly among the public, hour-in hour-out.

"There's no point putting prices on the screen. You have to be in the ring, see what's happening and try to pass on what the betting jungle is like.

"That's been a motivation and a difficult thing, but the benefit it brings is no-one can compare how bad I am. I've been lucky enough in that there's no-one else going round the betting ring like me.

"Strange things happen in life and I'm still hoping they will have a re-think and they might call me back. I know I'm being optimistic, but you never know.

"My New Year's resolution is to get back on the Channel 4 team, but it's been a great time.

"If I was sitting at home what I would want to know is what is happening in the betting ring, that's the motto I've always had.

"That is always how I followed it and it's been fantastic working with Tanya Stevenson bringing in all the exchanges. It's important to inform all punters what is happening on the machines and in the betting ring.

"It's been great fun. There's been one or two disasters but it's been a privilege to do and I'm very sorry for it to be unfairly taken away."

McCririck recalled the first time he faced the cameras from the betting ring.

"My very first programme was Shergar's Derby in 1981 with ITV," he said.

"We had no practice run and this was the heat of the Derby. In those days it was a real mass production, being put in the betting ring for the very first broadcast ITV had and no-one had done it from there before.

"Then in 1983 Channel 4 took over the racing so I've been with them ever since.

"A lot of the team are working for the new IMG Media which is a very good thing, but I'm very sad for people like Mike Cattermole, Alastair Down and Derek Thompson, who have been sacked because they are generally regarded as being too old. I think it's unfair.

"Whenever new people come in they have to kick people out because they are in charge now.

"I am still hoping Channel 4 might think of finding a spot for me and bring me back. You never know, life is very strange.
Pause Switch to Standard View Big Mac bids channel 4 farewell
Show More
Report comingupthehill December 28, 2012 9:47 PM GMT
for what
Report homefortea December 28, 2012 9:51 PM GMT
"Lemond USA" Quote....
Report comingupthehill December 28, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
that brittain (i think horse)that won a big race in usa,it had won our oaks i think/or guineas,yet there tote was 18/1 when it should of been 6/4.
Report know all December 28, 2012 9:53 PM GMT
a lot of his money was made working with bookmakers and opening shops, he was only a punters friend for the smoke screen and it worked he made a fortune, two london houses must be worth 2million+
Report homefortea December 28, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
The man is a lucky smelly two faced arse.....

And you can quote me on that...
Report going skint December 28, 2012 10:08 PM GMT
wont be missed
just a fat,ugly lump of turd
should have been off loaded years ago
Report comingupthehill December 28, 2012 10:10 PM GMT
hes gave a life time to promote racing and tell punters info,he questions them when they try and pull a fast one.

he deserves better than fat ugly lump of terd.

so going skint(tanya) you should be happy now hes gone ,dont be bitter.
Report portmanpark December 28, 2012 10:10 PM GMT
think it will be very boring without him
Report jmdc December 28, 2012 10:14 PM GMT
Made me laugh when he stirred up the whip debate in the Mail and at the other end of the paper another obsequious cretin Marcus Townend was presenting the opposite argument!
Report mactheknife December 28, 2012 10:23 PM GMT
He could tic - tack at Portman Park or Steepledowns.
Report homefortea December 28, 2012 10:29 PM GMT
soberup comingupthehill

The half wit has had his own agenda for years..

Anyone who has been a knocker should never have been allowed on TV in the first place..

And then to have the audacity to promote Ladbrokes in an advert during a "show" that he was allegedly presenting proves what a money grabbing fecker he is..

Rancid person....
Report going skint December 28, 2012 10:32 PM GMT
the mans ugliness knows no bounds
for every one person that he has drawn to racing he will have made three others leave
his personality is worse than his looks
Report intheknow December 28, 2012 10:45 PM GMT
an extremely rude man and he got a volley from me big style when he pushed a load of my regulars out of the way when trying to get a Gold Cup price to broadcast on TV
Report Dav_vin03 December 28, 2012 11:02 PM GMT
a true legend of the sport, will be missed
Report Larry Sellers December 28, 2012 11:07 PM GMT
at least he was a character unlike many of the others
Report aberdonia December 28, 2012 11:08 PM GMT
Big Mac is an odious, toffee nosed, rude trough dweller.

I'm actually surprised that he never became a tory mp as befits his upbringing.
Report mactheknife December 28, 2012 11:20 PM GMT
He does seem to have a high opinion about himself.
He would`nt want to start his Harrow pish around some folk.
Report NMR December 29, 2012 1:13 AM GMT
Celeb Big Brother starts next week he'll probably show up on one of their shows.
Report dustybin December 29, 2012 8:13 AM GMT
I couldn't care less about his enforced ch4 retirement or what might be happening in the betting ring.
The point is the viewer isn't in the bloody ring so what feckin good is it?
Haven't seen mac for years really anyway, he ain't on ruk and I only see ATR through LV (thank god)
Report Deptford December 29, 2012 8:43 AM GMT
Look at the name of show on next on CH4, quite amusing, sums up 99% of the mugs
Report jmdc December 29, 2012 9:03 AM GMT
McCririck has the final word "Please find a way of getting me back" - deluded old fool!
Report millhouse December 29, 2012 9:26 AM GMT
A thoroughly unpleasant man, who has ridden the gravy train at punters' expense for decades on end.

That there are still people on this thread that want to stand up for someone that has cynically made a career out of exploiting them, says everything about how easy it is for these shameless frauds to thrive in this totally rancid industry...
Report Facts December 29, 2012 10:02 AM GMT
^ well said.
Report sageform December 29, 2012 10:09 AM GMT
Arrogant and deluded to the last. Good riddance.
Report BEER BEER BEER SEX AND BEER December 29, 2012 10:12 AM GMT
Made a living out of making people dislike him. Smart IMO.
Report ThunderRoad December 29, 2012 10:18 AM GMT
My Dad (who is a big Tommo fan I might add) said something interesting. He said that the reason McCirick was so good was that it gave everybody a panto villain to dislike and that the new C4 team will regret the move to dump him, because it will now be one of them that people choose to dislike (here's hoping Clare Balding!)
Report sageform December 29, 2012 10:26 AM GMT
If you want a racing program that is a substitute for pantomime then faitr enough. I watch in the hope of learning something and Big Mac failed on that count. Anyone with an ounce of sense should know that Nicky Henderson has not yet decided where he will run Oscar Whisky but Mac "demands to know"
Report Facts December 29, 2012 10:28 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPpBpDaSXE
Report Facts December 29, 2012 10:32 AM GMT
Best thing on The Morning Line today was Jim McGrath telling McCririck to 'shush' and 'shut up '
Report comingupthehill December 29, 2012 11:04 AM GMT
homefortea - you need someone asking the awkward questions/having a go at the industry otherwise it just becomes one big back slapping excercise,fair enough hes a bit tactless,but he added to the spectical,hes one of lifes characters - people want mourinho,fergie,ginger mccain,maccririck types endless nick luck types conveyor belted out of eton would be boring.
Report TELL DEL December 29, 2012 11:14 AM GMT
When he put in a last-minute plea this morning at the end  for C4 to maybe have a re-think and bring him back next year - if that was his planned strategy today, then maybe he should have toned his act down a bit today.  Instead he was just as annoying as ever and even Jimbo had to tell him to sssssssSSHUSH up.

I don't think it's possible for him to tone down he is the way he is.  And I don't think he would exist harmoniously with the new team. 

However, if it was a choice between Big Mac and Rishi  = Big Mac.
Rishi or Tommo  = Rishi
Rishi or Lesley Graham  =  Rishi.

Surprised Tom Lee and Catt have been dropped.
Report mrcombustible December 29, 2012 11:18 AM GMT
What did Tom Lee add
Report TELL DEL December 29, 2012 11:31 AM GMT
^  Tom Lee didn't have the entertainment value like Big Mac in the ring, but for covering the betting I thought he was good.  If it was a choice to keep Tom Lee or Tanya = Lee. And Big Mac clearly not happy about being thrown off the gravy train -  expect him to turn up now on some pretty tacky TV shows, anybody who'll pay him, or maybe he'll go in the jungle Surprised !!!!!!!

Or maybe he'll start a tipping line ????
Report millhouse December 29, 2012 11:37 AM GMT
homefortea - you need someone asking the awkward questions/having a go at the industry

Unequivocally, he did not do this (unless there was something in it for J. McCririck)...
Report holywell December 29, 2012 11:37 AM GMT
TELL,

Tipping line, that would be a novelty, I haven't watched the show for a while now, but, he would never give a slection at one time, the rest of the team would always share their thoughts. Mischief
Report Duvauchelle December 29, 2012 11:40 AM GMT
artie
28 Dec 12 17:34
| Topic/replies: 2,417 | Blogger: artie's blog
I'd rather see a "character" like him with a big gob ,than the bland,short haircut,suited mob who are frightened to say anything controversial.

So that will be Tom Lee then artie?Mischief
Report millhouse December 29, 2012 11:45 AM GMT
Tom Lee did a professional job of passing on betting information - how is that worse than a screaming, right wing, sexist, self-promoting freak show, please...?
Report Duvauchelle December 29, 2012 11:50 AM GMT
Where did I say I was supporting McCririck? I was obviously trying to get a rise out of artie(Thommo), and whilst you might find Tom professional I like my people on TV to have a little bit more character and oomph than an ameoba on downers.
Report cooperman December 29, 2012 11:53 AM GMT
Can't imagine that in twelve months time anyone will be mourning the removal of Down,Cattermole,Thompson although I can see a vacuum in the eccentric buffoonery dept.
Report millhouse December 29, 2012 11:53 AM GMT
Post not aimed at you Duvauchelle, but lol...
Report Duvauchelle December 29, 2012 12:04 PM GMT
no problem........artie where are you?Grin
Report Facts December 29, 2012 12:06 PM GMT
gone - with the rest of the 'spongers'
Report Duvauchelle December 29, 2012 12:06 PM GMT
Oh I forgot he's probably in "Make up".....for the last timeMischief
Report pumphol. December 29, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
TELL DEL     29 Dec 12 11:31 
^  Tom Lee didn't have the entertainment value like Big Mac in the ring, but for covering the betting I thought he was good.  If it was a choice to keep Tom Lee or Tanya = Lee. And Big Mac clearly not happy about being thrown off the gravy train -  expect him to turn up now on some pretty tacky TV shows, anybody who'll pay him, or maybe he'll go in the jungle

You are joking he has already been on
Celebrity Big Brother
Ultimate Big Brother
Wife Swap
Hells Kitchen
Pointless
Celebrity Poker Club
Celebrity Coach Trip
Bullseye
Cash In The Attic
The Alan Titchmarsh Show
Beat the Nation
Question Time
Loose Women

& dozens of others, I doubt there are too many shows left that he could inflict himself on I suspect
Report Steamship December 29, 2012 1:00 PM GMT
Tom Lee was never really given the chance to shine but he is certainly better than Tanya. Big Mac should have gone gracefully. When c4 racing started he was very good and something different. I will miss the old team because it takes me back to a time when I backed a winner.
Report jackrussel December 29, 2012 1:13 PM GMT
I have been trying to work out now for several weeks what Jim McGrath brings to either the Morning Line or the live racing. Very suprised that IMG have not tried to keep John Francome on the team, and Cheltenham without Alistair Down will be a loss to IMG, and as for McCririck and Tommo, they both served well to promote racing for many years and both still know how to sell racing to the less well informed racegoers and viewers.
Lets see how the all important viewing figures check out in 6 months time, best bet of year in my book a re-shuffle of the team.
Report jackrussel December 29, 2012 1:13 PM GMT
I have been trying to work out now for several weeks what Jim McGrath brings to either the Morning Line or the live racing. Very suprised that IMG have not tried to keep John Francome on the team, and Cheltenham without Alistair Down will be a loss to IMG, and as for McCririck and Tommo, they both served well to promote racing for many years and both still know how to sell racing to the less well informed racegoers and viewers.
Lets see how the all important viewing figures check out in 6 months time, best bet of year in my book a re-shuffle of the team.
Report bellfunk December 29, 2012 1:21 PM GMT
I think Francombe wanted out anyway.
Jim Mcgrath brings the "Camp" element to the show.
Report portmanpark December 29, 2012 1:27 PM GMT
jim brimgs  tipping the fav in every race to the show or if its a open race fav and 2nd fav
Report Anaglogs Daughter December 29, 2012 4:34 PM GMT
Channel 4 Racing

Wonderful sign off from both Al and Franks. Highflyer go out on a high leaving us with some fantastic memories, many of us have grown up with them (or grown old with them!) and owe them, at least in part, our love of the sport. But everything has a start and everything has an end, time to head into the winners' enclosure to rapturous applause and the well wishes of friends. A good race well run! They go now to take their place in the pantheon of era-defining sports broadcasters we've had in the UK, in whose exulted company they will have no reason to feel ashamed
Report halcyon days December 29, 2012 5:03 PM GMT
Shocked                Laugh
Report wolfatthedoor December 29, 2012 5:28 PM GMT
Laugh
fantastic stuff AD
Report liberator of the oppressed December 29, 2012 5:31 PM GMT
I'm looking forward to Rishi. He is the best.
Report onlooker December 29, 2012 6:01 PM GMT
McCricrick ...

"There's no point putting prices on the screen. You have to be in the ring, see what's happening and try to pass on what the betting jungle is like.
-----------------

'As dead as the Dodo' - and dinosaurs like himself, nowadays - according to all reports.

So the DELUDED old dinosaur is NO LONGER NEEDED, in the DEAD ring - or on our screens.
Report Do wah Diddy December 29, 2012 6:31 PM GMT
NOBODY WANTS YOU WHEN YOUR OLD AND YOUVE LOST YOUR ERROL FLYNN LOOKS
Report Do wah Diddy December 29, 2012 6:32 PM GMT
AND YOU NEED TO KEEP GOING TO THE TOILET ALOT
Report Emden December 29, 2012 7:49 PM GMT
Always thought he was ok in small doses. At least he knew something about the game.

His replacements are just presenters - who can, and do, present any tv show that comes their way.
Report no-won-sun December 29, 2012 9:14 PM GMT
Back in the 80's Channel 4 had late night panel show called "After Dark" which discussed various problems. One such discussion had McCririck, Barney Curley, Duncan Keith and some others whose names escape me at the moment on the problems that were part as they saw it of horse racing. McCririck had a right go at Duncan Keith i recall and I remember hoping that Keith would get up and hammer him one. I could never forgive the big TURD for the attack and all the time he kept glancing at Curley for approval. Coincidentally the question he asked on the occasion was did Keith ever "pull" a horse, while looking at Barney for approval.
Also I was never a fan of but neither did I dislike Luke Harvey but on the clip on You Tube where Barney has a go at Luke and McCririck when it's over the TURD turns to the camera and announces "The worst thing is I had to stick up for Luke Harvey as a rider, now that is ridiculous", now that is what I call an odious TURD and the game is better of without bad mannered, disloyal, self centred, misogynistic boors like him. A hateful thing the likes of something that got caught under your shoe and a failed bookie to boot. He's gone thank God and forgotten soon I hope.
Report racingstar December 29, 2012 9:24 PM GMT
The fact that they are replacing the Fat lump of Lard with Rishi(The Token)Persad is irrelevant.
Just be grateful  that the odious,gutless cretin has finally gone.
Report homefortea December 29, 2012 9:43 PM GMT
Anaglogs Daughter
29 Dec 12 16:34
Joined:  05 Jan 10 | Topic/replies: 25,254 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Channel 4 Racing

Wonderful sign off from both Al and Franks. Highflyer go out on a high leaving us with some fantastic memories, many of us have grown up with them (or grown old with them!) and owe them, at least in part, our love of the sport. But everything has a start and everything has an end, time to head into the winners' enclosure to rapturous applause and the well wishes of friends. A good race well run! They go now to take their place in the pantheon of era-defining sports broadcasters we've had in the UK, in whose exulted company they will have no reason to feel ashamed

Funny how you are in raptures about the UK when it suits you AD..
Must have picked up your excessive benefits in the week..

Next week you will be slagging off the hand that feeds you and telling us how great the Southern Irish are..

Rancid poster who should move South Of The Border and get a job...

Perhaps then you would be unable to post 24/7/365.....
Report homefortea December 29, 2012 9:43 PM GMT
Anaglogs Daughter
Channel 4 Racing

Next week you will be slagging off the hand that feeds you and telling us how great the Southern Irish are..

Perhaps then you would be unable to post 24/7/365.....
Report verbotene liebe December 29, 2012 9:44 PM GMT
I still have that After Dark episode on video somewhere.Will have to check that it's not been destroyed by mold and watch again sometime.Think it was 1988.
During part of the programme Keith was recalling how he was sometimes given orders to ensure that horses never won. McCrickrick announced that it was sad that a once top rider renowned for his great front running rides was now telling lies to earn a few bob and that his tales should not be believed. Presenter, Anthony H Wilson then suggested that perhaps many of those front running rides were sometimes executed to prevent the horse from winning!
The part where McCrickrick put Keith down was when he said in a roundabout way that Keith haden't achieved much since retiring because he 'only' ran a pub.
I still have that After Dark episode on video somewhere.Will have to check that it's not been destroyed by mold and watch again sometime.Think it was 1988.
During part of the programme Keith was recalling how he was sometimes given orders to ensure that horses never won. McCrickrick announced that it was sad that a once top rider renowned for his great front running rides was now telling lies to earn a few bob and that his tales should not be believed. Presenter, Anthony H Wilson then suggested that perhaps many of those front running rides were sometimes executed to prevent the horse from winning!
The part where McCrickrick put Keith down was when he said in a roundabout way that Keith haden't achieved much since retiring because he 'only' ran a pub.
Report verbotene liebe December 29, 2012 9:45 PM GMT
Apologies, new laptop from the sales!
Report racingstar December 29, 2012 9:47 PM GMT
Verbotene,
That only highlights how bullies like McFatso behave.
Stand up to them and they curl up faster than a BR sandwich.
Report verbotene liebe December 29, 2012 10:01 PM GMT
As with many of his colleagues they pick and choose who to put down as they know what side there bread is buttered on.
Report verbotene liebe December 29, 2012 10:06 PM GMT
One things for sure, if he requires Hospital stays as the years advance, he won't be staying in a packed to the rafters,over stretched National Health hospital ward.
Report SlippyBlue December 29, 2012 10:53 PM GMT
He is not a well man, I saw him at the greyhound derby this year, he always goes. The head tremors were not good to see.
Report Anaglogs Daughter December 30, 2012 12:02 AM GMT
homefortea     29 Dec 12 21:43 
Anaglogs Daughter
Channel 4 Racing

Perhaps then you would be unable to post 24/7/365....

Rodney you plonker....Sorry but not one word of that was wrote by me, that is what Channel Four wrote on FacebookShocked...
Report jamilla14 December 30, 2012 12:03 AM GMT
The thing I disliked about Big Mac was how he would encourage people to 'come racing' and then as soon as the last race on Channel 4 was televised,he was away and gone.Tells you something,don't you think ?
Report comingupthehill December 30, 2012 12:09 AM GMT
hes been to thousands of racing days - why would he stay to watch a bumper or a apprentice race,
Report cj180 December 30, 2012 12:15 AM GMT
Spot on jamilla14- Seen him scuttling out of Chester with 3 races still to go many a time. A fraud and a phoney.
Report comingupthehill December 30, 2012 12:20 AM GMT
why would or could you be so bitter towards a guy who does his best in his job,why should he stick around at chester,i know your winding me up but hes 72,its over for him now he deserves some respect and a pat on the back.
Report Anaglogs Daughter December 30, 2012 12:22 AM GMT
From last weeks Mail

Dumped Channel 4 racing veteran Derek Thompson says he and fellow broadcaster John McCririck, 72, have been ‘banned’ from saying farewell to viewers when they present for the last time on Boxing Day.

From New Year’s Day, the presenting team will be headed up by Clare Balding, although glamourpuss Emma Spencer, has been retained.

Thompson, 62, known  as Tommo, found his axing all the harder because he is fighting bowel cancer.

‘I felt let down by the way it was done,’ he says. ‘I had a two-minute phone call from Jamie Aitchison, the head of Channel 4 sport, and he gave me the details but he didn’t once ask how I was. Not once, and I thought, “disappointing”.

‘We’re not even allowed to say goodbye on air. That’s what Channel 4 told us, and nobody has said:

'Let’s have a drink, or go out for dinner.” You’d think after 30 years, somebody might do something.

Perhaps they’re organising a surprise — that’s what it is, a surprise party! I love it.’

Meanwhile, he offers an intriguing insight into the off-screen antics of Emma, who eats three bags of sweets every show.

‘Her party trick is that you can throw a Liquorice Allsort into her mouth from four feet,’ Tommo tells the Racing Post. ‘I told her she should join a circus if she lost her job, but that didn’t go down well!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk
Report comingupthehill December 30, 2012 12:25 AM GMT
they shouldnt of moaned about how it was done - things move on.

that or a thinely vieled emma swallows thread.
Report comingupthehill December 30, 2012 12:26 AM GMT
ad - you put the hours in,
Report Glossy December 30, 2012 12:28 AM GMT
They call it a 'liquorice allsort' these days do they?
Report DancingBraveTheBest December 30, 2012 7:13 AM GMT
Rishi Persad is awful, you can tell when he's talking he has no idea about horseracing.  big mistakes made by channel 4 imho. cattermole old?
Report cooperman December 30, 2012 9:09 AM GMT
Rishi and Fitz are as cringeworthy as Thommo and Catt and will ensure that the common denominator is kept at the usual level imo.
Report Deptford December 30, 2012 9:54 AM GMT
I can think of a nice surprise for Thommo
Report Facts December 30, 2012 10:25 AM GMT
Anaglogs Daughter     30 Dec 12 00:22 
From last weeks Mail

Dumped Channel 4 racing veteran Derek Thompson says he and fellow broadcaster John McCririck, 72, have been ‘banned’ from saying farewell to viewers when they present for the last time on Boxing Day.

From New Year’s Day, the presenting team will be headed up by Clare Balding, although glamourpuss Emma Spencer, has been retained.

Thompson, 62, known  as Tommo, found his axing all the harder because he is fighting bowel cancer.

‘I felt let down by the way it was done,’ he says. ‘I had a two-minute phone call from Jamie Aitchison, the head of Channel 4 sport, and he gave me the details but he didn’t once ask how I was. Not once, and I thought, “disappointing”.

‘We’re not even allowed to say goodbye on air. That’s what Channel 4 told us, and nobody has said:

'Let’s have a drink, or go out for dinner.” You’d think after 30 years, somebody might do something.

Perhaps they’re organising a surprise — that’s what it is, a surprise party! I love it.’

Meanwhile, he offers an intriguing insight into the off-screen antics of Emma, who eats three bags of sweets every show.

‘Her party trick is that you can throw a Liquorice Allsort into her mouth from four feet,’ Tommo tells the Racing Post. ‘I told her she should join a circus if she lost her job, but that didn’t go down well!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

As ever straight out of an Alan Partridge script. Thompson is as embarrassing as they come.
Report Cider December 30, 2012 10:35 AM GMT
Talk about bowing out ungracefully. These self indulgent 'untouchables' should thank their luck stars they've been able to bluff their way through for so many years instead of squealing like pigs going to market.
Report peeler December 30, 2012 10:37 AM GMT
Having read the posts and opinions on Big Mac (some of them way over the top)I must point out 2 things;
1. Mc Cririck divides opinion like no other-thus his long tenure on TV.Whether he was good ,bad or indifferent doesn't really matter people had to listen to him and thereafter pass an opinion.
RThat made him a must watch person.

2. I cannot work out people who really detest people they don,t know. They pass their opinions on people without having even met them. Whether it be McCririck, Graham ,Thompson how many bloggers on here have actually met and spoken personally to them in order to form their opinions about them. I dare say that in civvy street these people are totally different to what we see on tv.

A word of advice if certaion presenters get on your nerves don't watch them.
Report Facts December 30, 2012 10:41 AM GMT
you don't have to 'know' people to have a dislike of them. You dislike their persona that they are putting over in the media. Its their choice how they portray themselves. They're in the media out of choice - so they can expect the bric bats alongside any applause. hth
Report moondan December 30, 2012 11:00 AM GMT
I think he (above anyone else) proved the old school tie really did count for so much, its the only plausable explanation as to his very overlong career in tv that said and did so little of note.
Wish him luck but my thoughts must be with the booby who alas will have no respite as I am sure she would rather be home alone.
Report Anaglogs Daughter December 30, 2012 1:00 PM GMT
Sad Miss him already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXAK-2TQ_bA
Report Duncster December 30, 2012 1:15 PM GMT
Give it a few weeks and you will be wanting Tommo et al back. Cant believe they have broken up such a good team. Very disappointing.
Report millhouse December 30, 2012 2:15 PM GMT
These people have done nothing other than exploit punters for their own self-serving ends for decades.

Their agenda has been only to seek to conceal the truth for commercial third parties in return for side work, endless and lavish junkets, and other 'advantages' to themselves - and again, the victims of this mendacity are the very people for whom they are supposed to be broadcasting.

That there are people stupid enough to still think their departure is anything other than fantastic news for all punters, shows only that turkeys really will vote for Christmas, imho...
Report comingupthehill December 30, 2012 2:20 PM GMT
the bueaty of the forum is it caters for all opinions ,even those of the most extreme nature
Report bellfunk December 30, 2012 2:24 PM GMT
I can see Thommo settling in quite well at North Norfolk Digital Laugh
Report desperatemunter December 30, 2012 2:50 PM GMT
"A word of advice if certaion presenters get on your nerves don't watch them"
            - a word of advice to a pompous ass : I don't 'watch presenters' - i 'watch programmes', some of which are ruined by rubbish presenters.
  -thrown from the gravy train at high speed is the least these types deserve.
Report artie December 30, 2012 4:06 PM GMT
Millhouse "these people have done nothing but exploit....".If you're a television presenter then  exploiting the general public is the name of the game.What do you think Ant and Dec etc. do.
Report halcyon days December 30, 2012 6:39 PM GMT
But Derek, the howay the lads have a modicum of talent !
Report artie December 31, 2012 5:06 AM GMT
TTT.Totally,talentless,tosspots.
Report Facts December 31, 2012 10:05 AM GMT
FOYDC !
Report artie December 31, 2012 12:59 PM GMT
SIUYAM.
Report motley01 December 31, 2012 1:10 PM GMT
Artie, I do hope you can read a race, a little better than you do people
Report artie December 31, 2012 1:14 PM GMT
Thank you for your concern.
Report posy December 31, 2012 6:20 PM GMT
If artie is describing ant and dec as TTT then for the second time in my life i agree with him
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com