Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Gordon63
28 Dec 12 15:04
| Topic/replies: 3,266 | Blogger: Gordon63's blog
wish he would ride it like it got the trip!
Show More
Report geoff m December 28, 2012 3:08 PM GMT
rode a shocker
Report larrence December 28, 2012 3:10 PM GMT
unreal how that finished unplaced. what a game this is. Crazy
Report Gordon63 December 28, 2012 3:10 PM GMT
well you'd have to say wouldn't win a Gold Cup on that form but must be a cert for the Ryanair - just a pity the jock didn't run an even pace out in front, why would you experiment in the biggest race to date??
Report .Fidway. December 28, 2012 3:11 PM GMT
what a horse. take on sprinter sacre but they think hes not a good traveller
Report GEORGE.B December 28, 2012 3:12 PM GMT
Champion 2 miler, shirley?
Report carrot1960 December 28, 2012 3:13 PM GMT
going was the difference , kept taking a pull to get him home on good going would destroy them
Report vinnie_roe December 28, 2012 3:14 PM GMT
He would be a cert for the ryanair.
Report 1st time poster December 28, 2012 3:16 PM GMT
bad mistake 3 out where he went for a big one and ballooned it landing on all fours meant he was 3 wide coming around the bend ,hard to say he didnt stay 3 miles when he looked like getting swamped didnt jump the last well either,but obviously wont get up the chelt hill on that evidence
Report vinnie_roe December 28, 2012 3:18 PM GMT
He's going for the hennessy. The jockey felt he pulled too hard, and they will lead next time.
Report tillymay December 28, 2012 4:20 PM GMT
they;ve got to have another try esp at the hennessy as on better ground he'd get home.i'd still be inclined to hold him up if possible if he learns to settle and kick for home properly from corner and springheel the last...we'll see....also chel gold cup invaraibly run on good grd so wouldn't totally rule out.a bigger concern would be the travelling and the fact that chel seems to suit sdc better...8/1 v big
Report BETTY December 28, 2012 4:49 PM GMT
Anyone remember Best Mate getting beat by Florida Pearl in the KG. That day Matey was ridden by McCoy like a non-stayer and they never made the same mistake again.

Wind the clock forward a few years and you have Flemenstar ridden today like a non-stayer. The only reason he didn't win for me was because Lynch didn't kick on with a mile to run, he was tanking and would have quickly put the race to bed. Do I think Lynch got it wrong, probably. But most important of all Lynch thinks he got it wrong.

The 12s currently available will look huge when he dots up in the Hennessy before a journey to Cheltenham.

Yes the Ryanair would probably be a shoe in but will Lynch be required to ride Sizing Europe, very likely.

Today was learning curve and money lost only lent imho
Report judorick December 28, 2012 4:58 PM GMT
shoo in not shoe
Report BETTY December 28, 2012 5:03 PM GMT
big wellington boot in
Report penzance December 28, 2012 5:05 PM GMT
thought he travelled like the best horse
in that race,by far,just think he got
outstayed by genuine 3 milers.
Report wonders December 28, 2012 5:09 PM GMT
never win a gold cup  would be beaten two out on a stiff cheltenham
Report buddy December 28, 2012 7:54 PM GMT
how low did his price go I.R.?
Report gentlemanjohn December 28, 2012 8:15 PM GMT
Incredibly enough went 1.08, find that hard to believe but says so on betfair results page
Report EVILROYSLADE December 28, 2012 8:17 PM GMT
Walsh would have won on any of the front 4!
Report allinadayswork December 28, 2012 8:22 PM GMT
Cant understand folk saying kick on a mile out, probably would have been pulled up if that happened, kicked on before last and had a good few lengths lead and then ran out of stamina up the run in so surely would have been even more tired by using up more petrol earlier on. You could argue he went too soon as it was really. On good ground I agree would prob have the legs of them over this trip but got another two and a half furlongs at Cheltenham so will be interesting to see what happens...
Report Cider December 28, 2012 8:28 PM GMT
Reminded me of One Man, he just went pop. Hit the wall.
Report comingupthehill December 28, 2012 8:45 PM GMT
sad day really - flemstar loosing means peter casey will have to settle down to his po rn mags/internet gold card - mrs casey will be fumming at him its lost.
Report buddeliea December 28, 2012 8:56 PM GMT
Be in the QM if trainers most recent quotes are true.
Report walllace007 December 28, 2012 9:13 PM GMT
Yeah i think he went to the front too soon as well but I suppose he was tanking along so well Lynch had no choice but to hit the front when he did.
Clearly got outstayed and an extra 2fl and a stiff uphill finish at chelt means he has no chance in Gold Cup imo. I mean I dont see how could he reverse form with Tidal bay over a further 2 furlongs.
The are obliged to try 3m again in the Hennessy and maybe on good ground he may hold on in that but i dont see it at Chelt, has to be the Ryanair.
Leaving all that aside - what a genuine, class horse...
Report judorick December 28, 2012 9:19 PM GMT
got beat half a length and a head on his first go at the trip, think we might wait and see before drawing firm conclusions tbh
Report BornToWin December 28, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
Nobody with a truly top class animal wants the Ryanair tho. He was tugging him back the whole way round burning up petrol, I am sure he would have won with a better ride.

Also the trainer described the ground as tacky, and that he would have liked more rain. I wouldn't fancy the Gold Cup for him at this stage but wouldn't rule it out.
Report flyingbolt December 28, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
Cantering all over them approaching the last,stopped to nothing.

That was conclusive enough for me.Mischief
Report judorick December 28, 2012 9:23 PM GMT
no chance that he will improve then flyingbolt? I mean no other horses have improved have they, ever?
Report flyingbolt December 28, 2012 9:26 PM GMT
He doesn't need to improve,judorick.

He needs to stay.

It's not the same thing.
Report BJG December 28, 2012 9:29 PM GMT
Id like to see him over 3 again b4 judgin whether he stayed or nt personally - took 5l out of em comin to the last, jumped poor and looked like FL was gonna bomb past him, thought he ran on ok, jock may think he should have held onto him another 1/2f or so and i think the result would av been different, still only beat 1l in what was a proper Grade 1 i thought
Report BJG December 28, 2012 9:30 PM GMT
What a horse tho, wat ever trip its over! Jumps and travels for fun Love
Report flyingbolt December 28, 2012 9:33 PM GMT
Just to clarify I'm not saying he'll never win a top 3m race. I'm saying he'll never be as good over 3m as he is over shorter.....and will never win a Gold Cup.

Just my opinion.
Report BJG December 28, 2012 9:39 PM GMT
Was shocked he got caught today myself tbh, thought there was no doubt about him stayin. Obviously there is a doubt now as there would b with most people but id b willin to giv him another try over 3m, trainer said after the race he was very buzzed up b4 hand today which was unusual for him.

Peter Casey said of Flemenstar: “He pulled too hard Andrew said. Maybe it would have been better if he had gone off in front. I don’t think it was too far for him today. He boiled over a little bit. We had a job putting a saddle on him. He wasn’t settled. Andrew said we’ll have to go for the Hennessy and you have to do what the jockey says."

Anyway we shall see next time for sure, all about opinions innit Cool but i would nt rule any of the 1st 4 out of the GC reckinin yet, thought it was a good race
Report mactheknife December 28, 2012 11:45 PM GMT
Not sure how they will campaign the horse before March? but I would like to see him in the Queen Mother at the festival.
Report all along December 29, 2012 12:14 AM GMT
flemenstar a great umper but 3 miles that little bit too far
Report buddeliea December 29, 2012 8:36 AM GMT
Asst trainer more or less said after the race tnat he needs to go back in distance,given the trainers comments later as well,i would say its highly likely he will be in the QM,and what an exciting horse he would be jumping at speed round Cheltenham!!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2013 10:23 AM GMT
https://twitter.com/PaORourke89/status/289498846680203266/photo/1/large
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com