Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BobSievier
17 Dec 12 18:56
| Topic/replies: 2,346 | Blogger: BobSievier's blog
Or just a virus
Pause Switch to Standard View Sinister goings on at Ditcheat ?
Show More
Report Brother Mouzone December 17, 2012 6:58 PM GMT
Certainly a worrying statement, gutted here that it's unlikely that we'll be seeing Big Bucks or Al Ferof again this sseason.
Report Stake & Chips December 17, 2012 6:58 PM GMT
Sad
Report 11kv December 17, 2012 6:58 PM GMT
Big Bucks ffs hope hes ok
Report Banned_Banks December 17, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
Does sound like a strangely worded statement.

Why just the 2 horses or has he just mentioned them because they are high profile? 

Why virtually rule them out for the season now? If it was a virus surely they would have a watching brief for a while.
Report fronter December 17, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
Injury I expect - would not want to risk hig class animals
Report Dan Chipowski December 17, 2012 7:07 PM GMT
Racing Post ‏@Racing_Post
Big Buck's owner Andy Stewart: "He has a tiny tear in one of his legs, so the best way is to let nature heal that."
Report 11kv December 17, 2012 7:09 PM GMT
Thank feck for that
Report 11kv December 17, 2012 7:10 PM GMT
Thanks Dan
Report cunningplan December 17, 2012 7:12 PM GMT
somebody gone mad with a knife?
mr smith gone mad?
Report Brother Mouzone December 17, 2012 7:14 PM GMT
Good find Dan, thank feck it wasn't something more serious
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:15 PM GMT
Have the words "Out for the season" actually been said?
Report Stake & Chips December 17, 2012 7:17 PM GMT
son
Both Big Buck's and Al Ferof could be out for the season says Paul

Paul Nicholls found a problem with his stable stars at evening stables tonight. Here he issues a statement...

I have some bad news to report.

At evening stables tonight, we discovered a problem with both Big Buck's and Al Ferof.

I am not in a position to go into great detail at this point, but I can confirm that Big Buck's will not be taking up his engagement at Ascot on Saturday and Al Ferof will not be running in the King George.

And both are unlikely to run again this season.

I would appreciate it if the media and press did not contact me at this point.

When I do have more to report, I will be doing it here.
Report salmon spray December 17, 2012 7:19 PM GMT
1-3 we won't see Big Bucks again.
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:19 PM GMT
Gutted if Bucks isn't gonna be able to defend in March. A tiny tear according to Andy Stewart? This is all very cloak and dagger.
Report EastLower Gooner December 17, 2012 7:20 PM GMT
Reading between the lines it sounds like a rather serious internal matter. If it was just minor injuries as one of the owners has indicated then why would Nicholls issue such a dramatic statement? Sad stuff but I think its best for people to take the hint from PN and just leave it to them to sort out.
Report ribero1 December 17, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
Stewart also says al ferof has a similar injury.
Report mange December 17, 2012 7:23 PM GMT
mmm               might be that someones knitted PN a balaclarva without a hole in it.....................
Report Deltâ December 17, 2012 7:24 PM GMT
going to Dressage yard, Tuesday, I guess...
Report fawwon December 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
Impossible to know what to think with this yard after last season
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:25 PM GMT
No doubt the news will surface soon.
Report levelstakes1 December 17, 2012 7:30 PM GMT
Be amazed if they dont retire poor Big Bucks Now. Already a legend
Report dpm December 17, 2012 7:31 PM GMT
Do people on the inside of  the racing world really think we mere mortals believe this clap trap. Thank God for the internet I say, so people can form their own opinion of what goes on. No wonder horse racing in this country is of no interest to the general public, maybe they are all correct when they say it is  bent. I can see it going down the same route as racing in Germany/Belgium/Holland ect and becoming just another minority sport.Even the head of Hills bookmakers says that it maybe will not show horse racing in its shops in the future.
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:32 PM GMT
I sincerely hope it wasn't deliberate , but both him and Al Ferof??? I will get the rope ready just in case.
Report mange December 17, 2012 7:34 PM GMT
luv it when a rare old time poster joins in Cool
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:34 PM GMT
Wink
Report cyprusal December 17, 2012 7:35 PM GMT
i can see the headlines next march already

"nichols performs a training miracle and gets big bucks to cheltenham to win another world hurdle after career threatening injury""

with a picture of pumpkin head strutting about like the head peacock
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:36 PM GMT
Cyp old chap, I sincerely hope you are right!
Report Zagreb December 17, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
It sounds like tendon injuries for both according to Andy Stewarts comments.12 to 18 months on the sidelines if thats the case.
Report Dan Chipowski December 17, 2012 7:37 PM GMT
Racing Post ‏@Racing_Post
John Hales, owner of Al Ferof: "We're certainly talking 12 months off. He has a slight nick in a tendon."
Report EVILROYSLADE December 17, 2012 7:38 PM GMT
Any big amounts been layed recently ???
Report FOYLESWAR December 17, 2012 8:01 PM GMT
no dont think so roy the yard is upfront if it was in other certain yards they would have cleaned up .
Report iswearitsoath December 17, 2012 8:23 PM GMT
nicholls is finnish
Report DukeofMarmalade December 17, 2012 8:25 PM GMT
You can't tell from his accentLaugh
Report motor roller December 17, 2012 8:34 PM GMT
Wasn't there some nutters mutilating horses, some kind of witchcraft crap a few years ago......seems strange that they both have similar injuries and Nichols isn't saying anything ie are the police involved?
Report GEORGE.B December 17, 2012 8:49 PM GMT
From the Guardian -

Stewart later told the Press Association: "He was a little bit anxious in one of his legs at evening stables and after Clifford [Baker, Nicholls's head lad] and the vet inspected him, we decided to draw stumps. I'm a little bit gutted but no one has died and the horse is perfectly well.

"When the horses come back in at the end of July we shall reassess the situation. If he still has that zest and sparkle, we will continue with him, but if he hasn't got that zest and sparkle, he will be retired."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/dec/17/paul-nicholls-big-bucks-al-ferof
Report motley01 December 17, 2012 8:55 PM GMT
No nutters, what's likely to of happened, at evening stables the last thing head lad or trainer
will do, is check for heat in legs of every horse, any heat found, depending on the swelling, some of them just
knock themselves in the box and it disappears next morning, if it's still there, it's then off to the vet's for
a scan, to check the extent of the damage. Tendon injuries take lots of time
Report Steamship December 17, 2012 11:25 PM GMT
What a massive blow to the stable and us. Hope they both recover quickly.
Report MrHunt December 18, 2012 12:09 AM GMT
and just so happens 2 of best in stable sustained an unrelated unjury?

hahahahahaha bolllloxxxxx
Report scaredmoney December 18, 2012 12:10 AM GMT
do you suspect something of a bad stench is in the air MrHunt?
Report MrHunt December 18, 2012 12:12 AM GMT
why didnt he relay wot problem is?  cos he nahs will cause a scandal
Report GT-MOLE December 18, 2012 12:14 AM GMT
Al Ferof will NOT be out for that long and 1.01 will not be in THAT stable for his next run.
Report scaredmoney December 18, 2012 12:15 AM GMT
It does seem a bit iffy that both suffer a similar injury (if i've read it correctly) at the same time.
Report Angel Gabrial December 18, 2012 12:17 AM GMT
Just a coincidence. No conspiracy here. Why would there beConfused

Stewart said: "He has a tiny tear in one of his legs, so the best way is to let nature heal that.

"To think that he would need to tackle a Grade 1 race in three months' time at Cheltenham, that's not my style."
Report Angel Gabrial December 18, 2012 12:18 AM GMT
Hales said: "We're certainly talking 12 months off. He has a slight nick in a tendon.
Report GT-MOLE December 18, 2012 12:22 AM GMT
John is being diplomatic AG.
Report elise December 18, 2012 12:24 AM GMT
i can buy the leg trouble in both

timings look a bit odd though, to be talking small tear in tendon you'd imagine they have scanned, that didn't happen in 5 minutes
Report GT-MOLE December 18, 2012 12:30 AM GMT
Small tear = 2-6 months.Mischief MAX
Report elise December 18, 2012 12:36 AM GMT
i was refering to the time it takes to determine the actual injury, you wouldn't know just from the swelling or heat what the actual damage was, they were quite specific which says they've been looking at it for a day or so

if it's torn even slightly they won't get it back this season, will stay in the paddocks until at least the end of summer, no chance of 2 months, that would mean the comment re tear is false
Report Dr Gonzo December 18, 2012 12:40 AM GMT
to be talking small tear in tendon you'd imagine they have scanned, that didn't happen in 5 minutes

That's what I thought when I first read it. You'd presume there'd have been some swelling, which would have to go down before they could scan it and fully assess the damage.
Report GT-MOLE December 18, 2012 12:42 AM GMT
Sorry elise,wasnt taking the pee.From what I can garner re- Al,it is not even a tear.Big issues obviously but my money is on Al Ferof travelling North West and a remarkable recovery.
Report elise December 18, 2012 12:44 AM GMT
which is why i thought the timelines re what happened when might be interesting, maybe it's as he says

but i have this memory of a betfair blog "never better" and the subsequent discovery that a horse had gone t1ts up during schooling
Report elise December 18, 2012 12:45 AM GMT
no probs gt, i know the score with you we are cool
Report sofiakenny December 18, 2012 12:58 AM GMT
pumpkin cant retreat quickly enough...great trainer  but......
Report GT-MOLE December 18, 2012 1:02 AM GMT
Knows he was wrong.........now realises he is where he is because?
Report pedro39 December 18, 2012 5:43 AM GMT
Is it not possible for both to be injured?
Report racingguru December 18, 2012 7:50 AM GMT
Disgruntled owner cast some voodoo?
Report Prolayer December 18, 2012 8:03 AM GMT
It is very possible that both horses have a problem
Report Prolayer December 18, 2012 8:04 AM GMT
Have you ever been kicked in the Gonads and got away with one sore testy
Report Angel Gabrial December 18, 2012 9:07 AM GMT
Perhaps it`s the icy conditions. Hooves slipping and sliding on black ice.Crazy
Report Outpost December 18, 2012 10:46 AM GMT
having 2 of the top money earners in the yard out for a season is not something the stable would have wanted for any reason.
Report WhittakerChambers December 18, 2012 10:57 AM GMT
I have it on good authority that the Avon and Somerset Constabulary suspect foul play.
Report MJK December 18, 2012 1:55 PM GMT
Did Nick Schofield school both yesterday?
Report OllieJohn December 18, 2012 9:29 PM GMT
If anyone wants to understand tendon injuries get a wire coat hanger and bend backwards and forwards repeatedly......stop after 10/15 bends and feel the wire in the area that is being bent...warn isn't it.....now if you continue to bend the coat hanger it will snap. Trainers will often feel horses tendons for heat as it is an indication of damage if you stop in time the heat will disappear and the tendon will mend.
Report jlay72 December 18, 2012 9:40 PM GMT
Also noticed no runners at Newbury or Ludlow tomorrow - 2 tracks he does very well at. Maybe something maybe nothing.
Report EVILROYSLADE December 19, 2012 6:55 AM GMT
PN said they were dealing with the matter internally. That statement alone conjures up thoughts of skullduggery. I wouldn't mind a touch of 6/4 that BB and AF were got at.
Report duncan idaho December 19, 2012 10:14 AM GMT
6/4 Laugh

cuckoo cuckoo
Report unbiased December 19, 2012 10:18 AM GMT
Practically EVERY yard with over a dozen NH  horses will get one "legged up" ,for one reason or another,in the course of a season,it happens.A horse is massive,and puts a huge strain on that slim tendon,especially when jumping.When you have 100 horses the chances are several will get"legs",it may,or may not happen,just down to luck.
Report BEER BEER BEER SEX AND BEER December 19, 2012 10:26 AM GMT
Perhaps Paul had too much champers and schooled hem himself.
Report holywell December 19, 2012 10:32 AM GMT
unbiased,

Agreed, although WhittakerChambers is never far away when he has inside information. Mischief
Report BEER BEER BEER SEX AND BEER December 19, 2012 10:43 AM GMT
He put the forum away with his Xmas cert yesterday.
Report holywell December 19, 2012 10:58 AM GMT
BEER,

Only if you believed him, he has history. Plain
Report BEER BEER BEER SEX AND BEER December 19, 2012 10:59 AM GMT
Was interested after post. Horse was not going for it. Is he jst a bit of a plum?
Report holywell December 19, 2012 11:07 AM GMT
I couldn't say whether he is or isn't a 'plum', his posting style and racehorse selections tell me he is just taking the p***.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com