Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mr Eboue
23 Nov 12 21:51
| Topic/replies: 26,470 | Blogger: Mr Eboue's blog
Cracking renewal.

Finians Rainbow EVS
For Non Stop 7/2
Captain Chris 4/1
Ghizao 9/1
Quincy Des Pictions 66/1

I cant make much of a case for FR fto on soft ground.

FNS couldnt have been any more impressive at Aintree and at 7/2 looks a great bet. Captain Chris is talented but is a different horse from his novice days.

Thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View Amlin chase tomorrow
Show More
Report Glossy November 23, 2012 9:52 PM GMT
Have to agree again. FNS looks the bet at the prices and even gets weight from Finians.
Report Far From Trouble November 23, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
Captain Chris for me

FNS was a freak performance at Aintree, be amazed if he can back that up

FR will go close but the King George is the real aim ar far as i'm concerned
Report DukeofMarmalade November 23, 2012 10:11 PM GMT
I'm willing to give Captain Chris one last chance, I'd prefer better ground but right handed and receiving weight allround we'll see what ability he retains.
Report koikeeper November 23, 2012 10:17 PM GMT
FR...wins 1st time every time, no issues with the ground for me, already proved it can handle it...will take a good deal of beating!
Report saxon farm November 23, 2012 10:20 PM GMT
Betting looks correct to me. No bet.
Cracking race though!
Report tomdeane November 23, 2012 10:43 PM GMT
Think I'll watch Captain Chris jump the first two or three and then back him if he looks back on his game. 10lb is a lot of weight for a talented horse to receive, especially seeing as Finian's will not likely be fully wound up first up. He is one that improves massively throughout the season and I'm sure connections will not want him to be trained to his peak tomorrow. He is a perfectly sound proposition first time out but this will be a far tougher assignment than he's faced first up in the past.
Report dj876 November 23, 2012 10:46 PM GMT
Captain Chris has never won on his seasonal debut and surely it has been proven that he is a spring horse.
Report tomdeane November 23, 2012 10:51 PM GMT
But he was going to win last year if he hadn't gone at the last in a decent enough race...
Report dj876 November 23, 2012 10:54 PM GMT
Fair point Tom but the ground was good that day at Exeter.

Quote from the year before last from Hobbs.

"After race at Punchestown Thu, 5th May, 2011 (1st) We always felt two miles was on the short side for him. I know he won the Arkle but they say you need a two and a half mile horse to win that. We've often talked about going further with him, and ideally we would like to start him off over two and a half miles next season. The Amlin Chase (2m3f) at Ascot or the Haldon Gold Cup (2m2f) at Exeter are possibles. We are half thinking of the King George for him but obviously that's three miles and we don't know about that yet. Richard is very adamant that good ground is what he needs but he's a big horse and would not want it too firm. Soft ground in the depths of winter is not ideal. Philip Hobbs"
Report tomdeane November 23, 2012 11:08 PM GMT
That's a worry then. I haven't seen the action at Ascot today so don't know how testing it is. Wouldn't have thought FR wants it like that either.
Report ThunderRoad November 23, 2012 11:13 PM GMT
Captain Chris (if handling the ground) should win receiving 10 pounds from Finian's Rainbow.

Will hopefully force the pace.

GL
Report minig11 November 23, 2012 11:27 PM GMT
While the temptation is to treat the Aintree form with suspicion I'm going the other way and think FNS followed up some rock solid form last season with a deserved and predictable victory last time out. The distant second that day won at Cheltenham last weekend and the exploits of Cue Card, Al Ferof and Walkon this season makes FNS form of last season look pretty much bomb proof. He'll act on the ground, love the trip and I think he'll beat FR tomorrow. My bet of the day.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com